Stargirl Is Gonna Die On CW

Super girl is awful its so painful to watch i mean watches that garbage

3 Likes

I do. Sorry you don’t like it.

3 Likes

I get where you’re coming from, but I don’t know why people think it will drop a huge amount in quality. Maybe the CGI? But it sounds like it will have the same staff and talent. My guess is that it did better on the CW then on here, so they moved it. It’s going to be the same show. I feel like the only reason it will fail is if people stop watching it cause they don’t like the switch in channels. Just my opinion. I watch it on both, so it’s no different to me.

On I side note, I just watched the latest episode and my god it was sad. I almost screamed in shock and woke up my family lol.

Idk I feel like the DC shows on the CW aren’t that bad like 7/10 . I was really into like supergirl, the flash, the arrow and dc legends of tommorrow but like I didn’t have cable in the dorms so. But it never made sense to me why people say shows are bad like it make sense you’re not going to love everything but why complain you can just not watch it ?

1 Like

Why should these show’s be cancelled? Just because you don’t like them doesn’t mean other’s don’t enjoy them. The making of films has nothing to do with t.v. They are 2 different things.

1 Like

Yeah, even right now they are starting to integrate DCU as a 4.99 add-on to HBOMax, so I’m sure they will be pushing the shows on there, but kind of depends on the deal for Season 2 with Stargirl going to CW.

1 Like

The CW should partner up with HBO Max for season 2

1 Like

I would love that but we know it won’t happen.

What is the episode budget for Stargirl? I thought it was pretty low already. Then again, I’m starting to think I spend too much time with HBO and Showtime and their high cost storytelling.

HBO MAX will receive the full season regardless.

I think all we can really do is hope for the best, weather it happens or not. On a sad note, only 3 episodes left in this season. Oh well, that’s when I’ll get caught up with Doom Patrol.

I’ll wait for season 2 only drawback I’m anticipating is in the FX I still enjoy other arrowverse shows Flash/legends mainly others I find a little preachy/pushy on Narratives and agendas that it takes focus away from what it’s supposed to be. Stargirl shouldn’t have that same problem unless they unnecessarily start adding those elements to it.

Stargirl is literally already on CW

1 Like

I have to admit that I have the same concern. The DCU original shows have overall better production values than the CW shows. Historically the broadcast networks have always been tightfisted with money! I worry the CW will spend less money on Stargirl and the show will suffer as a result.

Everything is connected now! That’s the beauty of Jim Lee being in charge now.

1 Like

I hope it becomes a comics app and isn’t mothballed completely…

1 Like

Oh it’s gonna be a disaster. They’ll probably start doing 20+ episode seasons which will stretch the story lines and lead to lots of melodrama. The budget will shrivel so all of a sudden no one will use their abilities and when they do the cgi will be terrible. Look at Star girls appearance on legends to see what that will look like.

Or the creators find a way to make a season two plan that works great for 20+ episodes.

I’m not sure how anything is supposed to work for production in a post COVID world. I have friends who work in the industry, and their call dates have been pushed back and pushed back. I get the concern over quality once the show changes completely to just the CW, but getting to do any shows at all barring the animated ones is my bigger concern. Not just for Stargirl, but for any.

1 Like

Would not count on 20+ episode seasons. Legends of Tomorrow and Black Lightning are both shorter seasons. So I thinK Stargirl likely will be.

2 Likes