Spooktacular Halloween Evenings with the Justice League Watch-Along #1: Catwoman, Friday, October 1st at 6 PM P/9 PM E

:jack_o_lantern: :halloween_wonderwoman: Happy Halloween season, boils and ghouls of the @JusticeLeagueBookClub and the Great Beyond and Below! :halloween_wonderwoman: :jack_o_lantern:

As we embark upon a frightfully fun Halloween season this year, let’s get things off on the right track with the most horrible, most terrible, most shriek-inducing movie there is in the live-action, theatrically-released, DC movie catalog.

Yes kiddies, we’re talking about 2004’s infamous, odoriferous, pile of mess in the cinematic litter box that is…

:scream: Catwoman! :scream_cat:

Here’s how you can sink your claws into this triumphantly terrible, gruesomely garish and malignantly messy movie:

What to scream for: 2004’s Catwoman, starring talented actors who did try to cough up a good movie, but well…if you’ve seen it, you know and if you haven’t…then you will know. Mwa-ha-ha! :smiling_imp:

When to scream for it: Friday, October 1st at 6 PM Pacific/9 PM Eastern.

Where to scream for it: In this thread at the above date and time. :point_up:t2:

How to scream for it: Catwoman is available on DVD, Blu-ray, and Digital HD while also streaming on HBO Max. However you prepare for this kooky, klutzy kitty, please be sure you’re on time and ready to push Play when she’s ready. :watch: :play_or_pause_button:

Cats don’t like to be made to wait, afterall. :catwoman_hv_2:

That’s the dream scream for this week, my kooky spookies! I hope you’re ready for this movie because it will CHILL you to the bone…with how fantastically and frightfully stupid it is. :grin:

Come one, come all and if you bring candy, then bring enough for the whole great big ball!

I’ll see you there, fright fans! :ghost: :superman_hv_4:

6 Likes

:catwoman_hv_4:

2 Likes

PREPARE…for a really crummy movie. :joy:

Bring candy too, but remember: Sharing is caring.

SN: I enjoy Strawberry Twizzlers, Red and Grape Vines, Whoppers, the Reese’s family of products, Whatchamacallits, Jolly Ranchers (Sour Apple’s my Jolly Rancher jam), Hershey’s products (especially those wrapped in DC-themed packaging and available at a Walmart near you right now), every Kit-Kat flavor and Jolly Jacks. Oh hell, I like ALL of The Candy! :grin:

Except for black licorice and Good and Plenty. :nauseated_face: :-1:t2:

SN 2: If someone can ascertain which of the above-listed candies is not real, but is DC-based, I’ll give you a prize.

2 Likes

Thank goodness I had a free movie ticket to see it at the movie theater. Oh yes the singing musical Cats will also return in October! This will be Catacular! Meow.:smirk_cat:

2 Likes

Likewise, mon frere, likewise.

I bought the Batman: The Animated Series Volume 1 and Challenge of the Super Friends: Season One DVD sets as they came out, knowing that the only way I would see Catwoman was via the free ticket in each package.

The obvious upside of those sets was the content within (especially BTAS, because it got Catwoman right), but free tickets to a hairball of a movie? Sure, why not?

for the free flick, he bows graciously to Warner Home Video, which is now known as Warner Brothers Home Entertainment

2 Likes

Sorry for asking, but what does Catwoman has to do with Justice League?:cat2:

1 Like

I’m glad you asked, Riddler! :slight_smile:

Catwoman actually was a member of a Justice League in the Justice Leagues mini-series of interconnected one-shots from 2001.

Specifically, this book: :point_down:t2:

Sure, its an unconventional Justice League as we typically understand the concept, but a League is a League.

Also: Myself and others have wanted to riff on Catwoman for a good long while, so why not host it as a fun get-together under Justice League auspices to ring in Halloween by?

I’ll see you there, and don’t forget your candy. :candy:

SN: There may also be bobbing for apples, but time will tell. :apple:

2 Likes

Cool will be there with my Butterrum lifesaver candy! Thankyou again.:grinning:

1 Like

Nice! I look forward to seeing you, mon frere. :+1:t2:

1 Like

Don’t forget she was also a member of the New 52 iteration of Justice League of America.

2 Likes

I didn’t. I just wanted to indulge my obscure side for a squidge. :wink:

@Spider-Man78 That’s at least two instances of Catwoman kickin’ it with the League. Seek, and you shall find. :superman_hv_4:

2 Likes

Just under 12 hours to go, kiddies!

laughs like Tales from the Crypt’s Crypt Keeper

Bring your chocolate/other candy, eagerness for Halloween and sense of humor, for this will definitely be a good time!

:partying_face: :tada: :champagne:

1 Like

Tonight is the night!:grinning:

1 Like
1 Like

I’m here and getting set up. :smiley:

Also, logging on to HBO Max I just noticed that both parts of Batman: The Long Halloween animated movie is on the service now, so that’s cool. :smiley:

1 Like

Same!

Less than a minute to go!

2 Likes

Let’s go! :smiley:

1 Like

Play Time! Let’s scratch this flick!

2 Likes

I forgot they had this kind of intro!

1 Like