[Spoiler🚨] Swamp Thing Ep. #04 Open Discussion Thread

@DigificWriter, Then we can agree to disagree.

Evil is taking a tighter grip on the swamp.
They introduced the Darkness.
They introduced Anton Arcane and Abby’s mother.
Swamp Thing is gaining more knowledge and ability in his new body (Connecting to the Green).
Daniel Cassidy’s story is unfolding more and more.
Susie and the Sunderland’s are now a “Family”.

Personally, I would not classify all that as filler.

^ Yes, most of those things are likely going to be important going forward, but this episode ifself isn’t.

You could easily skip this episode and not miss anything super important, and, in a 10 or 13-episode series, episodes that aren’t “essential viewing” really shouldn’t exist.

@DigificWriter, I understand your point, but this show wasn’t created to be a 10 episode mini-series. Therefore they didn’t write it to be one. Which is the point I was making earlier in the thread. If the writers were told from the get go that this would be a 10 episode mini-series, they probably would have wrote it so that every episode would be “essential viewing”.

^ They should’ve done that anyway since it was supposed to be a 13-episode series.

@DigificWriter; an open ended 13 episode series. There is a difference in writing a season that could have multiple seasons to flesh out arcs (and take their time doing it), and a 10 episode mini series where it the end is in very near sight, with no time to spare.