[Spoiler🚨] Swamp Thing Ep. #04 Open Discussion Thread

Welcome, boils and ghouls, to the next installment in the Swamp Thing discussion zone.

If you haven’t watched the episode, turn back before it’s too late- spoilers abound!

Now that we’re alone, Swamplings, tell us: What did you think? Are the Sunderlands giving you the willies? What exactly is in store for Daniel Cassidy? And will Abby and Swamp Thing EVER get a chance? Let us know your favorite moments, your theories, your conspiracies and your visions in the comments below!

5 Likes

Whoops! I posted on ep.3 for ep.4. I am enjoying the Swamp Thing world. They are bringing the horror with the hallucinations and the victims stabbing themselves and stuffing their hand in a garbage disposal, that was nasty. Great show!

2 Likes

omg I about vomited watching the guy slice his arm.

3 Likes

The one thing that always gets me, is self mutilation. That will make me cringe every time in movies and television.

2 Likes

This show is great! It has the awesome horror element that you need for swamp thing! That disposal part was frikin great!! Smart choice with James Wan! But, it’s too bad they canceled it already!! Tempting us with something this great, just to take it away before it has a chance to swim free!!!

4 Likes

I think shows getting canceled In a saturated television market is the reality of TV today. Netflix just canceled a ton of shows and are ending others at three seasons. I too think they screwed up canceling a show that has a fan base that could grow. I really dig the Swamp Thing Universe, so much potential.

1 Like

Ugh, every episode I can’t believe this incredible show is one episode closer to an ever, and all too soon, approaching cancellation. Such an outstanding show with outstanding acting talents, story, and effects. I both can’t wait for and dread, because of the looming cancellation, the next episode.

5 Likes

Save swamp thing or find another network to pick it up at least!

5 Likes

This show has been crazy. I thought I would hate it but I really like it.

3 Likes

I enjoyed swap thing as a child growing up in the 80s/90s. I was seriously considering not watching this show because if I loved it then I would only be disappointed because of its premature cancellation. Well I went and watched it anyway and yup I loved it. Now I’m facing the pain that I knew I would because I’m sad to see this show end so soon when it’s this good.

3 Likes

Never really went into the Swamp Thing character until this show. The overall vision of the show is amazing, and knowing that the Swamp Thing look is an actual costume and not completely CGI is great as well. This show has a lot of potential and I feel like it should be picked up again for a second season. Episode 4 was great, a lot of suspense, and it was interesting watching how Abby was putting the puzzle together meanwhile, you know that Alec is still in there somewhere, especially seen when he shows his confusion for what he has become and worry for Abby and the dangers of the swamp.

7 Likes

Holy crap! That scene where the guy stabbed his arm a bunch and chucked it into the fryer was brutal! Also with the vision Abby saw while under the influence of that virus, I’m hoping Anton Arcane will show up at some point. Things are beginning to escalate.

3 Likes

WildDog, that was a garbage disposal.

2 Likes

Whoops.

2 Likes

The way this episode started and ended kept me on the edge of my seat. I don’t know what’s in the future for DC Universe anymore, and I suspect everyone else is wondering about the same questions I have. That’s beside the point of how great this show is. Can anyone think of a better horror themed show on television or streaming right now? American horror story is decent, but this is something special right now. I guess we’ll all have to decide around episode ten if the show was truly derailed.

3 Likes

Best episode yet! Loved the way the darkness brought out everyone’s worst fears. The dish washing scene great.

3 Likes

Definitely thinking that was Anton Arcane! I do not get why this was canceled. Finally we get a good depiction of Swampthing! I hope DC finds a way to keep this alive. I love where it’s going can’t wait for the next episode.

2 Likes

I cannot even begin to express how I am hooked on Swamp Thing. The moment the music begins I am on the edge of my seat! Every aspect of this show is spine chilling.
When you make a show this good, it is a crying shame to not give it its fair go at success.
#SaveSwampThing
I will never ever look at my garbage disposal the same way again

4 Likes

dude, there hasn’t been a live-action film since Superman '78 that made me want to read the comic as much as Swamp Thing 2019

will absolutely treasure this one-run masterpiece on blu-ray

2 Likes

Swamp Thing feels like an October show. The music sounds spooky and it just makes me feel like I’m about to see the Halloween movie. I love the vibes this brings. I would love to see 10 seasons of this.

1 Like