🚨SPOILER ALERT🚨 Young Justice: Outsiders Ep. 23 Discussion Thread

This season has really been a let down for me as compared to the first two. It’s like they keep starting a great premise and then drop the ball. I expect loose ends to be tied up, but theres no way they can make up for fumbling this much earlier in the season.

Will Starfire make an appearance? Where is Kara ZorEl?

3 Likes

Loved the episode and seeing the old robin back was awesome I like night wing don’t get me wrong but there was something about the old robin like no one could out think him cause he would just laugh and hack his way out of anything

8 Likes

When i saw beta leave i realized that the og 5 were there and was like “where the duck is wally”

3 Likes

When Nightwing had his fever dream about the original team I started crying. These new generations of hero’s are great, but I still find myself missing the cave and the original six.

11 Likes

I’m still confused about why there are to granny’s is Gretchen good a clone please someone tell me?

1 Like

Already watched it twice and thinking about a third time, can’t wait for next week!

4 Likes

Why is elongated a metahuman that to stretch through a stimulate often ginglio and has effected by metagene effectors like that was effect like a normal human

2 Likes

Two things… I notice M’gann used her psychic powers right before the “Anti-Life Equation” was used. I’m kind of wondering who she was talking to.

Also, Dick isn’t writhing in pain on as Granny goes into her triumphant exultation. She just got done explaining that the process should leave him in a state wherein he’s going to die horribly and painfully.

5 Likes

Honestly, I think they should show batman inc more, its only been shown like once.

3 Likes

That’s It Man Game Over Man Game Over

3 Likes

Great episode loved seeing KF. So looking forward to seeing the last 3 episodes

3 Likes

Can’t help but feel as if Cyborg will be the one to help Violet get free from Granny Goodness’ control as he was ‘born’ partly from a box as well. If Batman inc. and the Outsiders work together, we’ll have a ‘round two’ of sorts of Season 1’s finale, which I’m looking forward to, especially if The Light gets more involved from here on out.

Loved the back and forth between Conner and M’gann about her using her ‘mind rip’ ability. While I can understand Conner saying if she continues to do this, it’ll cost her herself down the line, I would have to say, this is Granny, take the sadistic Apocaliptian out ASAP with everything you’ve got!

Also, the fever dream Nightwing had with the old team…so incredibly CRASH!

8 Likes

Its setting up Cyborg to play a big part in the finale imo, the team lost its mother box. Cy can create his own boom tubes. I also think with him being infused with the Father box and also Metron’s Chair adding more to him while healing him, it will be the key to saving halo. Probably the 2 of them will need to somehow link up to defeat Granny and Over Lord. We shall see. The fever dream now the 2nd “sighting” of KF this season. Sure looks like they setting up his return from the Speedforce. This was a fantastic episode. Definitely on par with season 1. I hope the next 3 keep the pace.

5 Likes

Seeing Wally again and the first season designs was great made me want to watch season 1 again

10 Likes

Talk about bringing back memories its like I was literally watching S1 one all over again. Also Brion sure has come a long way since his the beginning of this season, just hope he is able to get Halo back, something tell me they need their other secret weapon CYBORG.

rest of my thoughts in my video review: https://youtu.be/2IvnX7l610o

3 Likes

I loved this episode. The original team back together after so long. Couple of things I loved about this episode. I think Conner has been handled really well this entire season. His emotional maturity and his principles and ideals seem very indicative of Superman and I love how they wrote that in there. I also love how he is calling out everyone on this secrecy thing after the season 2 Artemis’ death staging. His dialogue with M’gann was so well written and powerful. “Lies alter minds. Lies hurt”. Secondly, I loved how calm he has become haha. M’gann mentioned he has been giving her the silent treatment. Again, marked development from his season 1 temperament. Also want to point out his interaction with Dick: In season 2 he gave him a stern talking to and here it was different but yet so similar. Throughout season 3, Nightwing has expressed his disdain for leading but he is such a natural leader who commands respect, admiration and successfully inspires his teammates. However, 2 out of 2 times he has kept secrets from his team. I would believe that no matter how loved Dick Grayson is, the Young Justice could lose their faith in him. So Superboy’s question : “What kind of leader do you want to be?” must’ve cut really deep and I loved that. It hasn’t been explicitly mentioned but I feel Dick misses Wally as a best friend and maybe blames himself a little bit and views Wally’s death as a failure as a leader. I would say that is why he was so reluctant to team up and/or lead a team. Also, the season 1 callback was beautifully done. Huge props to the voice actors for instantly switching their deliveries to how they used to be. It was truly a treat to see the same voice actors change the speech patterns, tones to fit the season 1 segment. The quips, Hello Megans, Robin’s wordplay, his hacking dial, “Robin/Nightwing hacked x. I hacked x” callback was all so amazing. It really goes to show that the showrunners love this series and they put their all into it as they can write such a scene 8 years after these personas appeared and still remain incredibly consistent and faithful to what they were. Almost shed a tear during that scene :’)

8 Likes

Dope episode now they need AmbushBug

2 Likes

As I was watching Alpha setting up, I realized: this must be the first time in a while that they were in a team together.

I loved the fever dream, and with all the reminders through the season of Wally West, I’m hoping that he bursts out of the Speed Force by the end of the Season.

8 Likes

The fever dream sequence was amazing, it was a highlight of this season so far. It almost brought a tear to my eye. I love that they did that.

I really want to know what Traci 13, Zatanna, and Dr Fate are up to. And want to see more of the Light. But I have a feeling that’s coming up soon.

8 Likes

Wild.
Dick having Nam flaahbacks XD
Granny Goode , now we need some more New Gods.

2 Likes