šŸšØSPOILER ALERTšŸšØ Young Justice: Outsiders Ep. 20 Discussion Thread

Iā€™m really happy to find out that Kaldur is gay. I think that kind of representation is important and Iā€™m really happy to see him happy. All-in-all I really enjoyed it, found it interesting how Connor called Clark his brother? I liked that.

2 Likes

Everyone is freaking out over Kaldur kissing another dude, I donā€™t see anything wrong with it. Heā€™s gay in the comics and it doesnā€™t hurt the story of the show, end of discussion, everyone calm down itā€™s 2019. Live and let live.
BUT, what I am confused about is, why did Connor call Supes brother? I thought Clark adopted him? Will Connor be Jonā€™s uncle next season? Whatā€™s going on with that?

2 Likes

Young Justiceā€™s storytelling is truly brilliant!

I find it an important aspect of how the show intertwines real world issues in a fictional setting to get people talking about the topics that scare us (Harper Row). Abuse happens way more than it should. YJ goes about telling someone you can trust about your situation and getting the help you need.

I enjoy seeing Supermanā€™s relationships with Connor has developed. He goes from being weirded out by a Kadmus clone to embracing him as a younger brother. I loved when Conner asked Clark to be his best man!

Also, in my opinion, I donā€™t think we really need an explanation on Kaldur and his sexuality. As audience members we shouldnā€™t assume a character is automatically straight. Yes, he loved Tula, but that was also over five-ish years (in the YJ timeline) ago. He was and still is young and still trying to find himself. We donā€™t need to put a label on his journey nor do we really need an explication.

3 Likes

Also the character Kaldur kisses is not Garth. His name is Wyynde.

4 Likes

I was almost going to rant about kaldurā€¦but heā€™s gay in the comicsā€¦I needed to confirm. I dont have any against him being gay I just dont like when they change certain characters we grew up followingā€¦I hate when they change sex or race even sexual preference. Ok my Question why did the original Aguaman change his name from Author to Orin isnā€™t that his half brotherā€™s name? And when are we going to see the Bat family in action?

2 Likes

Hey everybody! Just a reminder that any discriminatory comments will be removed. If you need a refresher on our guidelines, you can check em out right here: https://yourdcu.com/cmg

1 Like

Is Terra or Tara or however you spell it, actually coming around and not telling Slade certain things because she wants out? And do you think they will try and use the chair they used for Vic on Violet? Cleanse her from the mother box, and potentially save her? Not talked about but Conner and Fred Bugg did give each other a look after the chair worked.

I cant believe the show runners do this whole portion of the episode tackling child abuse/domestic violence and all this community cares about is a 2 second scene of two dudes kissing. Who cares who kaldur, or anyone else on the show, is buggering!!!

I thought the Megan/Harper parts were beautiful and important. I just hope someone who may be dealing with that type of situation watches something like this and decides to talk to someone.

Also, this show is still amazing!! Keep em coming :+1:t2:

10 Likes

I am not that happy about aquamarine being gay because I thought that he would hit it off with this meta-human he just metšŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™‚ļø

7 Likes

The best thing about Young Justice has always been its ability to tackle topical issues and mature themes without talking down to itā€™s audience, even though itā€™s in animated tv series. This episode really showcased that and thatā€™s what I loved about it.

5 Likes

Ok This episode wore me out emotionally, the abuse topic really hit hard as did Vicā€™s relationship with his father. Also for those if you who think they retconned Kaldur into being gay, the writer said that he is polysexual meaning he likes everybody. Iā€™m glad they waited this season to show it though cause Cartoon Network probably wouldnā€™t have allowed it and season 2 had no place for him to have any kind of romantic relationship.

2 Likes

Sorry I canceled my subscription. I dropped out after about 12-13th episode. The show moved too slow to wrap up season two plotlines. Arsenal and the Superfriends pastiche should have received an immediate push. The Wally Speed force should have run right alongside it. (No pun intended)It was the original essence that made the show popular. Donā€™t care about the social commentary changes itā€™s fictional with adult themes so artistic liberty gives you the liberty. Forager/Bug is just annoying. Sorry I know itā€™s an attempt at humor and itā€™s terrible. Sorry thereā€™s no good animation storylines. I love the adaptations of Under the Red Hood, but it It seems like comics canā€™t be comics. On the other hand, The comics are worth price of the subscription alone. Unlimited reads are cool. Keep trying guys but Naw to Young Justice Outsiders, thumbs down on Doom Patrol itā€™s like Cyborg is everything but a Titan like someone is coming with Affirmative Action citations. SMH.

3 Likes

ā€œLiving with abuse is no life.ā€ Thank you! No one deserves to be abused. This is a great message; this is a necessary tonic after the darkness of the human trafficking and abuse depicted. Abuse may happenā€“but no one has to accept it, even from people who we love and who should love us. And it does not have to define you.

5 Likes

I have no problem with him kissing the guy, but I think it should have been done better. I think this episode should have focused just on the whole parental relationship topic and abuse and that kiss could have been in a different episode because it just was like a still shot thrown in at the end and I was like wait what and I had to rewind because I just didnā€™t see it coming. Again, itā€™s totally fine that it happened, I just wish there was more emphasis on it in a different episode rather than being thrown in

6 Likes

Disappointed in second half of season. Paid upfront for this service because of young justice. Will not renew because of young justice. Very disappointing.

3 Likes

Donā€™t back out, Iā€™ve been a little frustrated too but think about all the other content weā€™re getting. Plus, season 4 is coming and supposed to focus on a smaller amount of characters. Donā€™t give up

3 Likes

Outside the random kiss at the end. I like this weeks theme

1 Like

@jdeamore, Orin is his Atlantean name, his brothers name is Orm. Easy to get mix up though.

2 Likes

Just watched thought is was an awesome episode.
I was shocked when they were on the source wall. I wonder it will be something bigger or just a classic YJ cameo of DC lore. I enjoy the forth world stuff canā€™t wait to see what else comes.
It was nice to Cyborg patch things up with his pops. Also it was cool to see Halo clear things up. Nice to see Atlantis again always looks cool.
Also wonder if Harper will become bluebird. Maybe next season.

4 Likes

Speaking of the source wall, was anyone else wondering why they didnā€™t need any protective gear or respirators while in space? I canā€™t imagine it has its own atmosphere.

2 Likes