SPECIAL EDITION OFFICE HOURS: Live Q&A with DC Universe Product Manager, Aric! Thursday, March 25th at 12pm PT/3pm ET!

I may be eating a tasty chicken and cheese taquito while you do that.

7 Likes

Hi Aric! Thanks for coming! And thank you for everything that you do!

To give you a break from all the technical questions… Would you rather fight one horse sized duck or a hundred duck sized horses?

6 Likes

Could one still feed them pieces of bread down by the river, ala duck-sized duckies?

eyes a loaf of Wonder Bread that he doesn’t actually have

6 Likes

Hi everyone, thank you so much for all your questions! We’ll be getting started here in just a minute :slight_smile:

We have Aric for only an hour, but he’ll be getting to as many questions as he can in that time!

11 Likes

Well, I don’t think horses eat bread? So maybe tiny hay bales would work.

7 Likes

How about baby carrots?

6 Likes

Hello! Excited to be back. I’ll do my best to answer your questions :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Tiny hay bales would be adorbs.

looks up Wayne Szalinski in his rolodex

I think he’s still into the miniaturization thing, yeah?

7 Likes

tenor

8 Likes

Hello Aric! Thank you for joining us today! I’ve been curious about this for a while: Would there be a way to possibly expand Kelex tutorials/functionality? And (what I really wanna know) are there any plans to get encyclopedia access (or the community) back into the app? I use it a lot less now.
Hope you are well, and thanks again for being here! :purple_heart: Take care.

8 Likes

Lets start it off here!

1. The motivation in the redesign was to present a brand new experience off of one that was already familiar. This included all new fonts, colors, as well as larger more impactful thumbnails. Dark mode is a feature that is currently available on mobile platforms - iOS and Android.

2. Yes, we are aware of some issues with regard to visiting the community from DC Universe Infinite and are actively identifying with an aim to fix.

3. Great idea! I’ll bring this back to the team.

4. Search, like many aspects of Infinite is a work in progress. We are eager to make the experience better allowing for more “findability” of the content nestled into the service.

5. Another great idea! I’ll bring this one back to the teaM.

6. While we do maintain aspects of the community, specific feature sets are not something that our team handles.

10 Likes

lol Wait. I thought it was biscuits vs. funnel cake?

8 Likes

We are eager to improve the functionality of user lists and have some ideas in the pipeline. Unfortunately, there’s nothing to communicate around timing.

10 Likes

It’s both :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

Oh man, in software development you encounter all sorts of bugs. A lot of times the challenge is reproducing the issue and then figuring out a potential solve. I don’t recall anything particularly out of the ordinary or “weird” though.

7 Likes

Thanks for having me! The transition was an exciting opportunity. From a product perspective, DCUniverse had lots of different aspects and avenues for a user to go down. The fun part of DC Universe Infinite was pivoting to a very comic book reading focus. This allowed to cut down on menus and navigational options, while putting great comics in front of y’all!

8 Likes

puts on his Question Hat

Is there any chance that the community will be re-integrated into the mobile app? Taking it away towards the end of the DCU era was, in many folks’ opinions, not the best decision and has resulted in various inconveniences that have been noted around the community.

Having the community be reintegrated into the mobile app would be highly convenient and highly appreciated.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Interesting idea. I’ll bring this back to the product design team to get their thoughts.

8 Likes

Thanks for your questions.

1. Currently DC Universe Infinite allows you to find the books your looking for through Comics Browse which is a filter/tag based solution as well as via Search which is an open text field. We do have some exciting ideas that do aim to improve this experience.

2. Anything is possible! I think one of the biggest advantages of having community exist in a browser vs the app is the ability to toggle back and forth between in-app comic content and a particular thread on the forum without losing your place.

11 Likes

Hi There! Nothing currently in progress but thank you for the idea. I’ll share it with the team and see what they think.

8 Likes