Social Distancing (COVID-19) Watch/Read List and Support Group

Sounds like what’s going on in Minnesota. The governor ordered the closing of bars, restaurants, etc. The owner of the comic book store, like everyone else, has a family to feed so closing was probably a hard call. He closed through the end of March, at least, but I’m hoping he reopens after that.

1 Like

I have prescription glasses made with a special coating to handle glare from computers, tablets, etc. I think they help.

2 Likes

I fail to see the problem here…

2 Likes

I’d have to open for pull lists on Wednesday for maybe a half day. Maybe stay closed the remainder of the time.

2 Likes

Originally, my university said classes are moved online until April 13, but today they announced that it will now be for the remainder of the semester. As a music major, this is especially unfortunate since much of our stuff is difficult to do online. How can you have an orchestra or gamelan rehearsal online? As for applied lessons, they can be done online, but when it comes to a music lesson, NOTHING can ever touch an in-person lesson.

In my sadness, I’ll just curl up with some Batman: The Brave and the Bold for the rest of the day.

I’m going to need a bigger list, you guys…

3 Likes

I just thought of this: on top of washing your hands, dont forget to use moisturizing hand lotion to keep your hands from cracking!! Washing your hands is good, but it also dries all the moisture out of them. If your hands dont stay moisturized, then bacteria can live on your cracked skin.

8 Likes

One needs moisturized hands for delivering smacks!

5 Likes

I love Legends and my son (age 14) has tried to collect all the tie-ins and the main story. Another one from the Cold War era is Janus Directive. Beginning of Suicide Squad and Checkmate and the spy stuff is great

3 Likes

My little brothers and sister gave me that for Christmas. It is definitely on my reading list. I’m also reading Unkillables.

3 Likes

Justice League Odyssey is one of my favorites, as well as the current Hellblazer run. I finished Crisis on Infinite Earths and liked it.

1 Like

I work at a call center where I sell Walk-in-Tubs and Walk-in-showers for people who have mobility issues. We cover the US and some people are still setting up appointments in their area. Some of my co-workers are working from home. I simply can’t as the only computers I have are my Xbox One and my phone. I usually log into this on my work computer when things aren’t that busy, which they most certainly are not. I’m nervous for the obvious reasons, but I’ve been trying to be more calm and collected. I’m in Tennessee and so far, we haven’t had massive shutdowns like California. And it feels like things keep getting worse. I was hoping by April, at the latest May, things would die down, but it doesn’t seem to be the case. I appreciate whoever started this group!

3 Likes

So far going okay here with me. Currently reading new 52 Batman stuff (highly highly recommend Death of the Family) and eagerly waiting for Harley Quinn Season 2! Had such a bust and hectic week and therefore couldn’t get to Doom Patrol but I am gonna get down to watching that too soon. Other than that plenty of hand washing :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

New here. Spending my time doing a re-read of the GL origin stories for Hal Jordan. Wanted to have fun comparing the origin stories written during different eras Showcase #22, Green Lantern #1, Emerald Dawn I&II,Secret Origins #36 and Secret Origin from Geoff Johns’ run. Fun Stuff!

1 Like

Welcome to the Community @mojoblues.72559! Hopefully you’re staying sane in this pandemic. Sounds like a good list you have going there!

@batgirl226 I’m also on the new 52 Batman stuff. Just finished Requiem. I agree, Death of the Family is SO GOOD!!! I’m also excited for Harley Quinn season 2. I wish @DCU @DC_Community would release it a little early for all of us stuck at home.

2 Likes

If you haven’t seen these shows I recommend:

Young justice (the TV show)
Teen titans (the original one)
Batman the animated series

If you have seen theses you could always rewatch your favorite episodes

If you wanna read comics I recommend:

Nightwing rebirth
Young justice (tv show series)
Super Sons

3 Likes

Welcome @mojoblues.72559.

I haven’t left the house in almost a week now. I still have a hard copy of knightfall to read though!

2 Likes

Man, all of this stuff changes so rapidly. My dorm isn’t evicting us, but they asked that if at all possible, please leave. And I feel like they are trying to make life in the dorm so miserable that we want to leave. They closed down the TV rooms, the music room, we have to stagger our use of the kitchens… this really stinks.

@BatFamily2005 I should really add Young Justice to my list. I’ve heard nothing but good things.

@AnonymousHQ Wow, you haven’t left in a week? You must have really stocked up on food… and toilet paper :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Everyone seems to be reading Knightfall. I feel like I need to join in…

2 Likes

@tshaver I agree! I love the new 52 Batman run. Snyder hit a home run throughout that entire series. I haven’ read the Batman Eternal stuff, but the main title is rock solid. Zero Year is one of my favorite Batman arcs ever.

1 Like

Working from home and stressing, but my comics help keep me sane. I have friends who absolutely hated Knightfall, but I enjoy it every much. Aparo is easily my favorite Batman artist This is some later work form him, but still solid.

2 Likes

@tshaver I wonder if everyone is reading Knightfall because if Bruce made it through that, we can make it through this. He inspires me that way. That run got me through a very rough period a couple of years back.

3 Likes