Social Distancing (COVID-19) Watch/Read List and Support Group

It’s the show I’m currently watching and I am enjoying it very much! My favorite part is that unlike most cartoons in which each episode has a self-contained plot (i.e. has no real relation to any other episode, you can start wherever you want and be fine), Beware the Batman has an episodic plot as well as an overarching series plot. So it has me racing to watch the next episode since I want to know what happens next.

It also features lesser used/known villains (like Professor Pyg). I find this to be a refreshing change from rehashing villains like the Joker and Penguin AGAIN.

2 Likes

Been reading through Neil Gaiman’s Sandman for the first time… great stuff. This social distancing thing’s really been upsetting since I live in a dorm room and all my courses are gonna be virtual for the next few weeks, but the comic’s fantastic so far.

1 Like

I’m a homebody and already work from home. This whole thing has a very limited impact on my routine. The kid is home with me now. It’s making her (14 years old) nuts.

I might have watched it years ago. I can only remember the theme song.

1 Like

@muhammad.mu.ahsan.47643 Welcome to the community! Gaiman is always a good choice!
I feel your pain as I live in a dorm as well and classes are going to be online for me too. It’s going to be lonely since most of my social interaction is going to classes. But that’s why I started this thread! Let’s support each other.

@Kon-El Good luck with the daughter at home more than usual!! What DC stuff are you digging into recently?

@Soreita Yeah, the theme song is pretty great. Simple, but very memorable, especially the “Beware the Bat” at the end.

1 Like

@tshaver I’m working through Lucifer (private collection), John’s JSA, and Claremont’s New Mutants (I know I’m a traitor).

3 Likes

You know, I only learned Lucifer was a DC property until after I watched three seasons of the TV show…

I won’t judge you too harshly for reading Marvel. This time.

3 Likes

I’m a mental health counselor and our state department of health posted this to their website. I thought this might help anyone who is struggling. I am thankful I am able to work from home and have something to keep me busy but I am going a little stir crazy too.

6 Likes

LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! Thank you for sharing.

What’s on your list as you’re staying home?

1 Like

Ahhhhhh, noooooooo. I just finished Beware the Batman and it left me hanging!!! It was so good! Such a fresh take on Batman. Why was it canceled? We need it to come back, or we should at least get a movie to close tie things off nicely. :sob: :sob: :sob:

1 Like

The telltale stuff is fun. Plus, if you’ve got an xbox the batman season is currently free.

2 Likes

I just started Swamp Thing.

2 Likes

Secretariat was fine with Social Distancing

And so am I

6 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

My local comic book store and frequent hang out just closed until further notice to comply with Minnesota’s social distancing measures. Digital comics only for me until they reopen. I miss the place already. Is anyone else going from print to digital due to social distancing?

3 Likes

I can only handle 4 or 5 digital issues a day due to poor eye health. Being an older collector I have a pretty healthy trade collection. Even after selling much of my collection years ago I still have 250+ trades and omnibuses. I’m reading Lucifer and Hellblazer presently. I also plan to read The Maxx again.

I’m jealous of everyone who can spend hours a day on a tablet. I have to take lots of breaks compared to paper.

5 Likes

My store is still open but I’m not going, gonna just purchase the next Hell Arisen and Batman digital as that’s all I’m really itching to read this week. Where I’m at (MA) people don’t seem to be taking things too seriously and I’m not trying to be part of the problem.

2 Likes

Darn, that really sucks. Hopefully they can open again soon. I’m so fearful for comic book stores and other small businesses that are being forced to close in this pandemic. Hopefully landlords and such will be flexible on rent. The governor of Hawai’i just made a big announcement this evening and it looks like the state is recommending all non-essential places to close (e.g. movie theaters, book stores). A lot of state buildings including libraries have to close.

My going digital doesn’t have anything to do with social distancing, though it definitely helps. Living in a dorm, and knowing I’m going to have to fit everything I have into two suitcases and ship the rest, I’ve been trying to avoid buying too much print stuff and switch to digital as much as possible. But it hurts my heart because I love print. The feel, the look, the smell…

3 Likes

Have you tried those eye strain glasses meant for electronics?

I had a roommate with a pair (different brand) because he would play PC games for a long time. It’s worth a shot and I think affordable (we were in college and all poor). I’d like you to enjoy comics in all formats when possible!

3 Likes

It becomes a thing. They help, but it’s like going to a 3D movie. Have to wear them over my glasses. :neutral_face:

3 Likes