So You Want to Party DC Style

Event Calendar · Fan Clubs · Watch-Alongs · Trivia & Games · Q&As

Welcome to the Community Events section! Here, you will find our Calendar of Events and all the Clubs our fans have created.

:thinking: “I am intrigued. Tell me more, more I say!”

You got it! You may say to yourself “disembodied text, how does one participate in an activity when you are but a humble forum?” You, friend, have forgotten the magic of IMAGINATION. :sparkles: If you’d like to take your fandom to the next level, we’ve got you covered!

• Use our Community Events Calendar to find opportunities and watch episodes and movies at the same time as other fans, comment and react and share trivia together! You may just be joined by a creator from behind the page, sculpt, game, and camera, or the talent in front of it!

• Check out our Join A Club section to find Book Clubs, Character Deep Dives, History Clubs, and more tailored to exactly your tastes. Are you a huge Superman fan, or looking to learn a little more about the Justice Society? Or maybe you want weekly recommendations curated by people with excellent taste. Our database of Clubs provides you a list of groups to join that share your exact interests!

• This Category was created to ensure our Community members have everything they need to plan their fun-filled week in one easy place. You can think of this section as the flier board, and you’re pulling off a little paper tab (or whatever, just embrace the analogy) to remind yourself to join in the fun.

WARNING: You will have to interact with other human beings. Luckily, these human beings love the same stuff you love, and are down to clown [prince of crime].

We can’t wait to meet you!

39 Likes

i’m sorry if this is the wrong place for this, but how should we contact mods to coordinate and check calendar availability? like, to ask if dcu’s planning a doom patrol (re-)wal.

5 Likes

On the main Community page, under the Helpful Resources, there’s a button to Contact the Mods. Just click on that and it’ll DM us, @biff_pow!

5 Likes

oh, i thought that was mod 911, just for emergencies! thanks, @Pretty.Poison.Bombshell!

5 Likes

I see there is an impromptu wal thread in the infamous iceberg lounge. would it possible to start a new one in the community events section?

2 Likes

Absolutely! You’re free to start any events you wish. As long as the content is DC-focused, we’re in! I believe the impromptu WAL might sometimes not have DC content, or I would suggest moving it over here…what do you think? :thinking:

3 Likes

Are read alongs allowed?
Also how do you set up a read along?
4:52pm Tuesday March 31 2020 @moderators

2 Likes

Please review the information in the topic here, and please let us know if you have any more questions afterward!

2 Likes

I was thinking of having a DCW read along.
Does that count as DC content?
If it does, what category would it be in?
Thanks @Applejack
5:14pm

1 Like

My general rule of thumb is that if there is a specific date and time start, it would go in Community Events and be added to the calendar; this way, people know that there is a time and day they need to be present. Does that make sense?

2 Likes

Hello @Moderators, the links above in the main thread doesn’t seem to be working, including club submissions form. Thought I let you guys know.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for catching that, @Reaganfan78! I’ll pass that along. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your Welcome.:slightly_smiling_face:

How can I find out about stuff happening in Texas?

2 Likes

Hey matt! We don’t currently have any live events lined up for DC this year, but we will be sharing more about our virtual event, DC FanDome, soon!

Once live events start kicking up again, we’ll be creating a space to share details about meet-ups, cons, and more here in the Events section :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sweet! Thank you

2 Likes

Anytime! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

So how do clubs work exactly?

2 Likes

Hey @nuuninuunani, glad to see you’re interested in joining and participating in some of our wonderful DC community clubs!

You can learn more about joining a club here and view a calendar of different community events our clubs host here. Clubs generally focus around a certain theme, such as Superman or Doom Patrol, and activities can vary from Watch-Alongs to Book Clubs to Mafia and more! You can also get some pretty neat perks, like a flair, exclusive wallpapers, and dedicated notifications for club activities and messages.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. :batparrot:

2 Likes

i am so confuse about this club thing.

2 Likes