Sneak Peek! CHECKMATE #1 - Releasing 6.22.21

Variant Cover by Matt Taylor

If you are a fan of EVENT LEVIATHAN, then the upcoming release of CHECKMATE #1 is a must-read for you! This week, our friends over at DC Publishing are giving us a #sneak-peek into the exquisite artwork and A-class writing of the continuing espionage adventures featuring Green Arrow, The Question, Talia al Ghul, and more as they race to infiltrate… Leviathan.

Writer: Brian Michael Bendis
Artist: Alex Maleev
Colorist: Dave Stewart

Synopsis: From the award-winning creative team behind last year’s Event Leviathan comes the next surprising chapter in DC Comics’ deadliest saga. Leviathan has agents and acolytes all over the world, but what is the secret behind its power? The planet’s last, best hope to infiltrate Leviathan may be this motley collection of spymasters, now teamed up to try to take back the world that was stolen from under us all! Green Arrow, the Question, Talia al Ghul and other unlikely allies converge to tackle Leviathan as members of the new Checkmate, but who is the surprise hero behind this team? Big clues to the future of the DC Universe start here!

Pre-order your copy today by dialing up your favorite FLCS, or visiting dccomics.com.

Will you be picking up a copy of CHECKMATE #1? Let us know in the comments below! :point_down:

9 Likes

Awesome™:+1: enjoyed leviathan and the set up to the next one that was cut. Glad to it continuing in a way.

2 Likes

Nope. I’ll stick to spending my sheckles on Bendis’ Justice League (#63 is on sale this week) instead.

When Checkmate comes to DCUI, sure, I’ll read it then.

3 Likes

Wonder if Martha Kent will be a red queen. :thinking:

:grinning: