Should the DCEU movie universe be Rebooted?

A soft reboot with the Flashpoint story, and I want to see a Barry Allen Flash movie bad. I think a reboot is needed but a soft one.

No. Please donā€™t lose Henry and Ben.

1 Like

No reboot needed. Just let the directors make their movies, and have WB stay away from the editing room for Godā€™s sake.

1 Like

NO MORE REBOOTS pleaseā€¦ Just Let dc handle movies.
Dcā€™s animated movies are great the live action needs work.
Example doctor who keeps going even with new actors

1 Like

Henry Cavill is good as Superman. Gal Gadot is good as Wonder Woman. Ben Affleck is ok as Batman. So they may not need a reboot, but they just need better stories. They need someone like Kevin Feige to help guide the universe along and to make things fresh and interesting.

1 Like

not a complete rebootā€¦ they need to keep Cavill and Gadot and even though Affleck turned out to be a pretty good Bruce/Bats, i think it was a mistake to cast an older batman. it really limits your story telling. I wish JL was the movie it couldā€™ve been, because it really set up good individual tones for each character moving forward with their own solo movies.

Yes, it is trash

1 Like

No dceu doesnā€™t need a reboot

No reboot, the cast are great.

Definitely keep Henry Cavill as Superman, heā€™s the best! Just have to make sure WB executives are not meddling with directors midstream. They need to do a better job as to when things are decided and let it be rather than trying to have too many cooks in the kitchen; it messes up the recipe!

1 Like

Look, it is undeniable that the DCEU has problems; and those problems will only get worse if Ben and Henry leave their roles. Yet, I feel like the DCEU still has a chance. While I still have faith that these movies can still get on track, they must take the franchise in a different direction. The future of the DCEU is not in the future, its in the past. I love the idea of Batman being an already established hero, and going back to explore how he has come to where he is. The world they have is shown to already been established, they just need to go back and explain it to us. I vote no reboots.

1 Like

No reboot, or soft reboot w/ the same cast. Iā€™d like a little sense of continuity, and 3 different Superman over 2 decades is just too much.

No, it just needs more movies

No reboot. The complaints about Man of Steel were blown completely out of proportion and everything else was a result of WB trying to ā€œcourse correctā€ without a destination. MoS was great. BvS was mostly great, we was good (the villains were terribly one-note cheesy cliches, not in my DCU please). There isnt much reason to reboot really, especially if its WB trying to ā€œcourse correctā€. Most of the people who want a reboot think ā€œCW gets it rightā€. Yet, nobody is asking for a Hoachlin Superman show because nobody is that enamored by the portrayal.
DC has one major problem: their characters have been over exposed to the general public for decades in the most childish and intellectually devoid ways.
People thought the Burton Batmans were a huge departure from their perception of Batman ie Adam West. So when Returns got parents complaining about itā€™s dark subject matter, WB course corrected, they made crap movies that were ā€œfunā€ and ā€œsuper-clicheā€ with the idea they will make up their financial losses with happy meal money. It worked, nobody complained that it was too dark. In fact, nobody had much to say about it at all, so WB doubled down on toy money with Batman and Robin.
What does a reboot bring? Restart with a Superman more like the Donner version, a franchise that is swiss cheese when it comes to plot, character motivation, and continuity? They need to rehire Zack Snyder and stay out of his way.

2 Likes

Honestly I feel like they should just keep going. Iā€™m not in love with most of the movies but the casting is solid and we just need good directors and writers to make a good movie like Wonder Woman and then the past will be the past.

They need to quit rebooting I mean how many Batmanā€™s have we had. Henry Cavill was excellent Superman he was victim of bad script. You confuse and disconnect the audience when you constantly change out the leads. Could you imagine if this happened in M Universe.

1 Like

Keep it going, and remember, itā€™s called Worlds of DC now so that means it doesnā€™t even have to be a cinematic universe so they can just do whatever they want and the movies donā€™t have to relate to each other

No. What they need to do is make a flashpoint movie, use it to change the problems like Jared Leto as Joker, ect. They can also use it to change the Justice League movie into the Snyder Cut. That would fix all their problems.

2 Likes

No. But, if they could bring back Clark Kent (maybe somehow through Flashpoint?) that would be great. At this point, Clark Kent had an open casket funeral, so his character is gone, and only superman is left. Unlessā€¦ They bring him back as a blogger like in the New 52. Iā€™d be cool with that! I just want Clark Kent back!

At this point, with the loss of Henry Cavill and disinterest of Ben Affleck, I think itā€™s the unfortunate best of two bad options. I enjoy the films we have in the DCEU, I really do. They are flawed but enjoyable. Solid cast.

Best option in my opinion is to stop attempting to compete with the Marvel formula. DC doesnā€™t NEED a shared universe in film form (Iā€™d LOVE one that was great but will take Great seperate films for each character).

Yes. Scrap every thing and everyone. Start fresh.