Should the DCEU movie universe be Rebooted?

Should the DCEU movie universe be rebooted, or should they just continue along with the same continuity and storylines they have now?

Should they do something like X-Men Days of Future Past to do a soft reset of the universe?

4 Likes

No… Keep Henry as Superman

5 Likes

I’m not a huge fan of what they’ve done so far. That is from Man of Steel forward. But they’ve set their stage and given us interesting takes on iconic characters. Not every one of them is everyone’s favorite, but they should be given their time to shine. I for one would love to see a Cyborg movie. And a Batman solo film that explores this broken vetern hero they’ve presented to us would be great! Rebooting would be a mistake that would shatter people’s confidence in the film makers. Improve what you got I say.

1 Like

Uh…NOOOOO. DCEU universe is perfect as is. They are dark, mature films that atand for something, that deals with topical issues, deconstructs heroes beautifully, deals with events of films in a realistic way, etc. They don’t overuse unnecessary humor. It is used maturtely and realistically. Plus the cinematography on all the films are stunning. Don’t buy into all hateful noise. These movies are all commercial successes, well loved by fans and general audiences. And it is complete Bs about Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill leaving roles. They aren’t going nowhere.

No, they should just trust the directors they hire. And give us the REAL Justice League movie AKA the Snyder Cut to show they are willing to admit they messed up.

2 Likes

No. WB just has to stop being idiots and make sure Aquaman, Shazam!, WW84 are all good movies. Then make The Flash and The Batman films. And cancel movies like Birds of Prey and Supergirl.
And then DCEU will prosper

2 Likes

If they want to do a soft reboot, now is the time. It appears like both Superman and Batman will need to be recast. The easiest way to reboot is to film the Flashpoint Parodox movie and, in the end, Barry resets the timeline with differences from the previous films timeline.

1 Like

If they want to do a soft reboot, now is the time. It appears like both Superman and Batman will need to be recast. The easiest way to reboot is to film the Flashpoint Parodox movie and, in the end, Barry resets the timeline with differences from the previous films timeline.

3 Likes

No reboots! Keep Cavill! Recast only as a last resort in Flashpoint. DCEU was a love letter to fans. While I appreciate that, more Burt’s will get in the seats if the movies are lighter, more entertaining. Just not cheesy like the other comic book company.

1 Like

It doesn’t have enough out to reboot. Just right the ship and keep sailing. My one suggestion is regardless of the title someone has (@ the studio) they need to have a FIRM grasp on continuity and characters before they are aloud to make decisions. Comic movies are NOT a normal movie just because someone made money for WB on another project they should have to prove they understand what they are doing with characters that have “Legacies” who are in print, tv, and film and how their story has to fit into the bigger picture.

No reboots…I liked MAN OF STEEL, BATMAN VS SUPERMAN, SUICIDE SQUAD and WONDER WOMAN. The only bad apple, due to Warner’s meddling, was JUSTICE LEAGUE. DCEU provided much needed contrast to the Marvel syrupy cookie cutter movies…IMO.

1 Like

No I don’t think that anything should be rebooted. People love to bash the DCEU and Scott Snyder but those movies still did and are making money and get watched. Plus anything that is still being talked about with such passion couldn’t have been that bad. The beauty of comics is that anyone can pick up a title and tell their version of the story. Thats how we have gotten some of the best stories ever told. Its the same in the film world with directors and actors. To many Trolls are destroying our chances of seeing great movies being made by freaking out the studios. If a studio thinks they aren’t going to make money they will shut everything down. They don’t care about us fans they care about the money. Just like comics have good and bad runs so will the movies. Just stop judging them before they even get made I BEG OF YOU!!!

2 Likes

@HalJordan1986 I’m sorry but you’re wrong these movies may be commercial success but wanna know what else are commerical success the Transformers Movies and u think those are amazing films? Also the DCEU is not perfect the way it is right now it’s a mess also these movies are liked by general audiences? Hahaha stop it!

1 Like

No I like Ben affleck and want green lantern corps

1 Like

Neither Affleck nor Cavill have said anything about if they’re leaving the DCEU. It’s only been rumors on both actors. If Cavill does decide to leave DC behind in favor for his new role in the Netflix’s The Witcher adaptation then Affleck may as well leave too since they’ve both shared screen time together and replacing Cavill isn’t an easy thing to do. I’d rather they both stick around, but if they both decide to leave then that makes the Wonder Woman and Aquaman and the recent Justice League films meaningless. Flashpoint can’t fix this. If Affleck and Cavill leave then the DCEU should be rebooted. Can’t have one without the other. Right now, DCEU is a mess and needs a new direction. I enjoyed every film that WB has released, but I’m disappointed that Zack Synder is gone since he was going to great, in my opinion, with both Batman and Superman.

No reboot needed right now, just a bit of course correction. Also losing Cavill would be a major loss! Hopefully Aquaman will be a big hit as well as Shazam, and some of this reboot discussion will stop. The head honchos at WB need to hire one person (the right person), that has a love for the characters to steer the ship and keep their hands out of it.

1 Like

marvthemar7ian I hear you, I really do. I think the best fix is to identify what has worked and what hasn’t and springboard those toward the multiverse explanation. DC can cherry pick and say hey the Superman and Supergirl from Arrowverse are the mainstream while the Cavill Superman is from the New 52, and so on. I think within the Arrowverse they are trying to tie it all as other -verse stuff, even including the original flash series and Smallville series with an explanation to the universes. I don’t think a hard reboot is necessary. I think they should start by doing August releases of the Arrowverse cross-overs in the theater, then Warner Bros.’ can feel a little better for the budget and they would already have an audience base that would come out to the theaters to see it. Butts in seats, that would do it!

1 Like

Nope.

DC could make a flashpoint movie to reboot their cinematic universe, I would be pretty hyped to see that

2 Likes

I think a soft reboot Flashpoint style may be the best way to go. I couldnt agree more!

2 Likes