Shocking Batwoman News

Yeah she was awesome.
But I agree some people just want to hate for hates sake. I’m not saying you can’t disagree and not like something but there’s a better way to do it. Many people on here have hated and not liked something and expressed an a respectful way. Only if most of the internet was like the people here.

9 Likes

Unless she dramatically improved after episode 3, she will not be missed by me… I might give the show another chance now.

5 Likes

Wow. I don’t know how I missed that. I’m glad she is well now, though.

I’m surprised by this news, but I know it couldn’t have been an easy decision for her. And if she thinks it is the best thing for her to do, then it is the best thing to be done. I loved her as Kate and thought she did an amazing job. But she is way more important than the show. I hope she is well.

6 Likes

Sources from reliable sites have said her decision to leave wasn’t connected to the injury. They could still be wrong, but it does seem unlikely at this point that the injury was a direct factor in her decision

6 Likes

Absolutely, whether it’s for her mental or physical health, or something else, I’m sure she didn’t make this decision lightly but it was made for the right reasons. She’ll forever be my Kate Kane now, and always have the honor of being the first queer superhero to lead their own series.

9 Likes

I meant my response was more as @Mae said. No matter if it was for her physical or mental health, or something completely different, I’m sure it was the decision she needed to make. I’m glad she was able to make it and go at her own time.

5 Likes

Haven’t had time to watch the first season but I was looking forward to catching up when it hit HBO Max. As a Batwoman fan and an even bigger Ruby Rose fan, I was extremely excited when she was cast. So this is a bummer.

6 Likes

Batwoman is my most favorite character by far so a bummer is quite an understatement :frowning: I can’t help but wonder what the show is going to do for the second season and that big annual crossover that was also just announced.

7 Likes

I’m sorry. I haven’t seen it, but I can imagine it’s rough losing something you love. Hang in there!

5 Likes

Man, this is such a huge bummer. This is like the first big recasting (maybe first in general) for the Arrowverse. Sucks

5 Likes

I just finished the finale yesterday and was so pumped for season 2, now this.

5 Likes

If she decided to leave. Her decision and that’s what’s best for her. Plenty of other actresses out there. Nobody is irreplaceable. She was passable in the role but I’m sure they can find someone on par or better.

If she left, as some have conjectured, because of the social media vitriol. Than it’s probably a good thing she left now. People are happy to take the up side of the fame, glory and money, but if you can’t handle the down side, best to get out.

All the best to her on her future endeavors.

As far as the show goes. Next!!! No need for it to impact season 2 or any crossovers. Those are the responsibilities of the next actress. As for acknowledging someone else has taken over the role. No point. Kate/Batwoman is still the same character as season one.

10 Likes

I’m still trying to figure out how to feel about this, but at the same time I can’t help but wonder if they’ll completely re-open the casting process or just reach out to one of the actresses who auditioned for the role the first time or even someone in particular who gets hand-picked by the producers.

1 Like

They would most likely look to others that they had called back the first time around. If their second or third choice is still available and interested. Save yourself the time and money.

2 Likes

Given that Ruby was sort of hand-picked by Greg Berlanti and Caroline Dries, I’m not sure the open audition process actually got to the point where there were callbacks for the role of Kate.

Hence my wondering if they’d reach out to some of the actresses who auditioned the first time, opt to do another open audition, or reach out to another hand-picked actress the way that they did for Ruby.

1 Like

Exactly!! Honestly, I seriously doubt Ruby left because of any internet hate though. The reason was probably more personal. I enjoyed season one and am still looking forward to season two. As far as Ruby Rose goes, I wish her all the best.

3 Likes

Just saw the finale. An awesome finale. But when watching I realized that ruby had her tattoos as a part of Kate so they will have it apply those tats (fake obviously) to the new actress. Or just say she removed them. Or just have her cover here arms a lot and only do the neck one. Of course this is an easy fix just a thought that crossed my mind.

Why?
The tattoos are required for some reason?

3 Likes

Well Ruby has tattoos and they have been shown on the show when they recast the character and the tattoos can’t magically disappear. But as I said its nothing big they could easy add them on or just say she had them removed. Just a thought I had while watching the finale.

2 Likes

Haven’t seen the show, CW just not my thing. Was checking thread out because I was curious if it had anything to do with the injury she got awhile back. Sorry for the fans that liked her on it though. Was super bummed when Krypton got canceled, these kinds of things suck. I see @DigificWriter was on here. Hope your recovery has been going well. If you have finished Titans S2 I would love to hear your take on the second half sometime given your experience. :donnagif_ttns:

2 Likes