Shocking Batwoman News

Tv line reporting ruby rose quits role will be recast

11 Likes

Thatā€™s crazy! Iā€™ll keep watching but itā€™s going to be weird just suddenly having a new Kate.

11 Likes

If anyone is interested hereā€™s the link

4 Likes

Whoaā€¦

I honestly canā€™t blame Ruby Rose after all the harassment she received and the injury she suffered on set.

10 Likes

To say this is a huge shock is such an understatement. It doesnā€™t even feel real. Ruby did an absolutely amazing job as Kate and itā€™s so heartbreaking to see that sheā€™s leaving. Iā€™m sure she has a valid reason, which Iā€™ll be incredibly curious to find out, but this one still really hurts. I donā€™t know how the showā€™s gonna recover from losing such a perfectly cast lead like this. Wishing her nothing but the best :broken_heart:

12 Likes

Iā€™m concerned about what might be the cause.

The show may still survive. The Superboy TV series not only managed to go on after a recasting, but it arguably improved after losing its first star.

14 Likes

Iā€™m in disbelief. Alice is my favorite part of the show, but I really enjoyed seeing Kateā€™s start as a vigilante. She wasnā€™t perfect. She made mistakes. But she learned from those mistakes and grew as both a person and as a hero.

I have no idea how the hell theyā€™re going to approach this storyline-wise.

8 Likes

@AlexanderKnox That is a great point about Superboy. Gerard Christopher ended up being an amazing Superboy when he took over in the second season.

9 Likes

They also recasted Captain Marvel for the latter two seasons of the 70s Shazam show

7 Likes

Very sad and troubling news regarding Rose and the future of Batwoman. Iā€™ve absolutely loved watching her in the cape and cowl and will miss her engaging interpretation of the character. Thank you so very much for your passion and performance R.R. It was a fantastic ride while it lasted. :cry:

9 Likes

I mean, storyline-wise the simplest solution would be to just recast and carry on like nothing happened. Maybe do an inside joke where Barry sees Kate again and goes ā€œdang it, time travel!ā€

16 Likes

@CaptThunder001 That would be amazing!

6 Likes

I think I missed when she got injured? Was she injured doing a stunt or something?

2 Likes

Iā€™m in shock. I wish her well and Iā€™m sure the show will find a way to move on with a new Kate Kane, but right now itā€™s hard to picture anyone else in the role.

5 Likes

Iā€™m stunnedā€¦

5 Likes

Dang still have to see the finale so Iā€™m not looking up much but wow. Well I wish her the best. She was awesome as the first Batwoman. Wonder how theyā€™ll explain. Probably just move on and have to joke as @CaptThunder001 said. Definitely feel like something they would do. But thereā€™s still a while before S2 starts. Maybe sheā€™ll want to return.

5 Likes

Itā€™s tweets from ā€œfansā€ like those replying to that Variety tweet is part of the reason something like this happens. I donā€™t understand the utter hate and bile some people expressed when the initial trailers dropped that caused Ruby to get off social media originally. If you donā€™t like something, move along. Maybe itā€™s just me but I really donā€™t get this type of culture, itā€™s basically bullying and trolling, all behind relative safety of online anonymity. Would these people ever say this to her face? Iā€™m sorry, Iā€™m just very sad, but I hope Ruby knows she did an amazing job as Batwoman, she is perfect.

19 Likes

This is just heartbreaking news to me. I loved her as Kate and Batwoman. Iā€™m sad to see her go.

7 Likes

Iā€™m so shellshocked by this that I canā€™t even figure out how to react.

5 Likes

Yes, during last year sometime, and she had very serious surgery. Thankfully, all went well.

6 Likes