Shazam! Fury of the Gods: Official Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

You just had to break my guts didn’t you? I was looking forward to seeing that.

3 Likes

Trust me, nothing was ruined. You’re good. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay, I can happily enjoy watching a movie about my ex.

2 Likes

Don’t forget the popcorn. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

I agree. All I really care about is whether or not the movie made me happy, and it did!

4 Likes

Did you eat Skittles afterward? I did (two small boxes, in point of fact).

I washed them down with Gatorade that was blue-flavored.

SN: Gatorade and Skittles, while tasty at the onset, leaves a wicked-bad aftertaste. Best to have a can of your favorite Soder on-hand, so as to wash the sugary-skunky foulness away.

2 Likes

I wanted to have them with the movie but whatever meal deal I bought for myself and my girlfriend didn’t include them … so I had mini O’Henrys instead.

2 Likes

I will probably eat orange pancakes afterward.

2 Likes

The Oh Henry still exists?

I must have one.

To the convenience store, for an Oh Henry and a wicked-rad breakfast burrito! :point_up:t2: :nerd_face:

says “Mmm, candy and burritos for breakfast. Truly a meal worthy of the power of Shazam.” to himself as he makes his way to the Kwik-E-Mart

All you can eat at IHOP?

2 Likes

Mom makes them as shown in my historical picture books in the JSA/JSA storyline.

1 Like

I’ve a feeling Court and the rest of the Society have hung out at Denny’s after-hours.

2 Likes

As Santa Claus[e] once called them-

“An American institution.”

2 Likes

Denny’s is indeed a fine institution of burnt, yet highly-tasty, sausage and equally-burnt, but also equally tasty, coffee. Their omelets are unburnt and quite rad.

I wouldn’t doubt the Shazamily also spends ample after-hours time at their Denny’s. Teenage Freddy would hammer down the coffee and then some.

2 Likes

I just heard Zachary Levi is making rounds this year at multiple Fan Expos!

The one closest to me is in August and I’m GOIN’ :00_shazam:

2 Likes

Pics puhhleeaaase

1 Like

I’m definitely gonna see if I can aim for an autograph at the very least!

2 Likes

Critical Drinker has released his review (I am not going to link since I think he is rather divisive, and it is not hard to find on youtube).

He is rather positive.

2 Likes

I loved this part of the movie so much i had to buy the PoP.

6 Likes

Gonna give my big :00_shazam:SPOILIER :00_shazam: thoughts on the movie (now that I’ve had almost a week to sit on them :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:). But if I can get my quick two-cents in:

1. The WW Cameo was fun! The fake-out from earlier made it better to some degree, cause they basically fool you into thinking it won’t happen.
    Another thing about it: I should have known that Billy/Shazam’s death wasn’t gonna stick (this being a big blockbuster movie and all). I’ll admit to almost being disappointed it didn’t…but bringing in the real WW for the resurrection was a clever way to do it!

2. The Sivana cameo was also pretty funny.
    Going off your third point, should these characters survive the Big Reset, Mr. Mind + Sivana and the Seven Realms would be great Third Movie territory.

4 Likes

1 week success update.

Money they get to keep by rule of thumb is

dom- 18,303,382.5

China- 1,075,000

International- 12,120,000

31,498,382.5 total.

Early Friday reports are disastrous. If it has any hope at salvaging the box office the reports must be false (and the film must be a hit in France).

Critic percentage is up to 52 and audience remains at 87.

2 Likes