:wondersquadron1: Share Your Wonder Woman Collection Here! :wondersquadron2:

Taking these pictures has made me come to terms with the fact that I have a lot of Wonder Woman books. :sweat_smile:

My first and favorite WW book I own:

It’s got tons of great information both on the world design of the film and also behind-the-scenes facts.

My favorite surprise about this book was attached to the inside back cover:

It’s hard to capture a pic of it, but I tried to show how the photograph replica is translucent just like it is in the film.

17 Likes

I love Yara Flor and I love chocolate, so I will eat a ton of the middle bar in this photo:

…and yeah, I’ll get my nom-nom on for the others in the set (I’ve only come across these 3 online, so IDK who the other 7 are, just yet) but Yara will be my top priority. :yum:

I don’t think any of the new Hershey’s bars are out yet, but start looking, because I’m going to snatch up all of the Yara’s I can get, and you don’t want to miss out. :wink:

11 Likes

Seems like a normal amount to me. :laughing:

The “Making of the Film” book looks awesome.

Also, glad to see the $5 Barnes and Noble book again. That was such a steal!

8 Likes

Thanks @LastSon0fMars, I couldn’t resist the DC Little People figures.

Thank you @Angel212. You have an awesome collection of WW books.

@SteveTrevor2.0 the WW train is one of the Thomas & Friends Minis, they did a line of DC Super Friends trains.

9 Likes

Well this is why I share these things here, since you guys are the only ones I know who are likely to think so. :rofl:

Thanks again for the tip on that! Btw I found this in the B&N bargain section a few weeks ago for $10:

Definitely not as much bang for your buck as the Ambassador of Truth book, but I thought it was cool enough to buy it. I haven’t built my tiara yet. :sweat_smile:

15 Likes

:smile: :purple_heart: :00_wonder_woman_gold:

7 Likes

The new Walmart comic bundles are out. The one I bought was WW-heavy :partying_face: and has the following issues:

• Nubia Coronation Special
  • Wonder Girl #1 (second printing)
  • Future State: Legion of Super-Heroes #2
  • Wonder Woman #777

I saw a set with Trial of the Amazons: Wonder Girl #1 as well, but I didn’t pick it up (got to have something to anticipate in the future, right?).

9 Likes

I’m back with something I’ve wanted for quite awhile - just needed the right price. This is over 100 years old but I got it dirt cheap because it’s broken. That fact does not matter for my purposes.

An awesome person on an internet cosplay craft site researched Steve Trevor’s watch from the 2017 Wonder Woman movie. This is the model, Waltham #1883 (without that info I would have been lost in a sea of eBay auctions). Manufactured in 1903, as best I can tell.

There is a seller in Ukraine who makes replica WWI watch straps so I am working on getting that to complete the look. This is something I didn’t know before I started on this quest - wristwatches men wore in WWI were actually pocket watches that they fitted into a special wrist strap (so they were more practical and accessible on the battlefield, I presume).

Comparison shot from my art book - this may not be the exact same model, but it’s pretty darn close, so good job to that person on their research:

Tagging our history buffs @msgtv and @TurokSonOfStone1950 as this may be of interest to you. :smiling_face:

And yes, I changed the hands to the time Steve’s watch stopped in the movie. :see_no_evil:

19 Likes

exceptionally cool

11 Likes

Nice

10 Likes

Sweet

9 Likes

“You let this little thing tell you what to do?”

One of the funniest lines.

9 Likes

Very cool!

:grin: You are a nerd in the absolute best and most :wondersquadron1:onderful way. :+1:t2:

8 Likes

:joy:

Honestly, I think the use of the watch to convey Diana’s evolving understanding of the meaning of time for mortals is one if the most beautiful ideas they implemented in that movie.

9 Likes

Thanks…I think? :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

Being a nerd is a good thing (obvs :nerd:), so you’re welcome. :superman_hv_4:

8 Likes

I am still obsessed with that train, only now in person.

Thanks for the original post, @rwk !

12 Likes

16 Likes

The fun thing about that one is its Bekka as Wonder Woman instead of Diana, which makes it our one and, so far, only Bekka figure.

9 Likes

Gotta split it up, overloading me lol…

I couldn’t find em all individually. So decided to do shelf. But, can’t find the most updated version of it. So, I’ll reshoot, & replace it some other time…

16 Likes