Share Your Ideas for the Weekly & Monthly Fan Art Challenge

Yeah it’s the voice that makes me like him as Batman LOL. I had a hard time of thinking of who to be Cyborg. Thought about Elmer, switch out his double barrel for a sonic cannon and all that. I figured bc he’s a newer JL member that I’d just pass on him. Looks like this came out in 2015, I feel even using Wile e today might cause a twitter uproar though. :unamused:

Some funnies:

3 Likes

Second one made me legit snort. :joy:

4 Likes

how about if we do them in the Iceburg lounge, or in messages

4 Likes

welp, here goes
DC jokes
posters for upcoming movies

redo this :point_up:

5 Likes

Love the posters idea. I suck at being funny, but I could see several club members rocking the joke challenge.

I’d be A-OK with making Inktober happen again :+1:

3 Likes

Just a thought, but what about choose your own subject matter and show the step by step process of creating the submission. Like sketch to finished pencils to inks to color? I love run on sentences obviously :laughing:

4 Likes

That’d be interesting! Thanks for the share!

3 Likes

How’s about a monthly challenge consisting of an epic multi-character battle scene? Could be the beginning, aftermath or in progress. Got the idea from the epic battle the JL had with Darkseid. Made me wanna draw it or something like it.

4 Likes

Perhaps a challenge where artists create PSAs? (For example, stuff like “Aquaman says to stay hydrated”, “Super heroes wear masks, you can too” paired with illustrations.)

6 Likes

Great idea! I like this one a lot. Kinda reminds me of the little scenes at the end of the Superfriends. For example: The kid skateboarding without a helmet and the Flash shows up to warn him PSA style.

4 Likes

Now that Milestone comics are appearing on DCU, I think it is time for a ‘Let’s Draw Milestone!’ week.

6 Likes

Maybe we could we do the Trinity Challenge again? One of the members of my team never got in the inks.

5 Likes

I’d love to. There was talk about whether or not it would be good to try this when the forum goes international this summer (?). We were debating about whether it would be a good ice breaker, or too intimidating for new folk.

4 Likes

How about we pick something we would love to see another member draw? It’s a rough idea, but maybe we can pair off pickers and artists or do some polls for each artist with like the top 3 choices? Something like that.

4 Likes

That sounds like a great idea! Maybe for the May monthly challenge since it will take a bit of coordination.

4 Likes

For a weekly challenge: weapons – so like Batarangs, Freeze Ray, Bow and Arrows, etc.

2 Likes

We need a dinosaur related challenge! Maybe something like your favorite character vs a dinosaur or imagine a character was transported to the Jurassic period. I have never drawn a dinosaur before(other than a dragon) and would leap to the challenge!

4 Likes

Baby Superheros and Super villains :laughing::baby_bottle:

5 Likes

Does DC have a good dinosaur land? Marvel has the Savage Land and Devil Dinosaur, but is there a good DC equivalent?

Maybe Warlord? Did Skartaris have dinosaurs?

4 Likes

How about some Batman: Li’l Gotham?

https://www.dcuniverseinfinite.com/comics/series/batman-li-l-gotham/5530e738-d36d-4866-9fe9-5c25a43b6419

We have a special tie in next week with a returning series that is releasing in print and on digital at the same time, but we can do Li’l Gotham after that (and then dinosaurs after that).

5 Likes