September's Community Member of the Month: wrightline1.42741!

It’s September, which means it’s time to put the spotlight on a new Community Member of the Month! This time, we’ll be getting to know @wrightline1.42741 !

What originally got you into DC Comics?
Watching the Adventures of Superman, as a kid, in the 50s.

Who is your favorite DC character, and why?
That would be the Shade. After Zero Hour, he gained an ambiguous nature that I loved.

What books are you currently reading?
Not reading any current titles. But Starman (vol 2, tpb #10, last in the series) is presently on my coffee table. Robinson does for the Starman family, what Alan Moore did for Swamp Thing almost 20 years earlier. Great stuff.

Are you watching any DC movies or shows?
Superman & Lois was the last TV show I took in. The Flash movie, last time I spent $$$ to see something in the theater.

What are you most looking forward to within the DC universe?
Season 4 of Superman & Lois, of course. And the revamped Gunn/Safran DCU on the big and little screen. So much is riding on their success.

What 6-12 books would you recommend to the general DC Community?

1. The Sandman - Neil Gaiman

2. Death: the High Cost of Living - Neil Gaiman

3. The Sandman Mystery Theater - Matt Wagner

4. World’s Finest - Karl Kesel

5. Starman - James Robinson

6. The Shade - James Robinson

7. Swamp Thing - Alan Moore

8. Wonder Woman: the Hiketeia - Greg Rucka

9. Doomsday Clock - Geoff Johns

10. DC 60th Anniversary Tabloid series - (neither traditional comics or tpbs, but these Dini/Ross masterpieces stand along side the best of either!)

Congrats to September’s Community Member of the Month: @wrightline1.42741! :clap:

33 Likes

Congrats @wrightline1.42741!! This is absolutely deserved! I love reading your fun facts during office hours and in the Ask the Question thread!!

14 Likes

Congrats @wrightline1.42741! Thanks for being an awesome part of this community!

14 Likes

Awesome™:+1: Congrats @wrightline1.42741 :tada::confetti_ball:

13 Likes

Congrats @wrightline1.42741 :grin::purple_heart::partying_face:

12 Likes

Congratulations @wrightline1.42741 :partying_face:

13 Likes

Congratulations @wrightline1.42741 ! Well deserved. Great recommendations! The community wouldn’t be the same without you!

13 Likes

About time! Congratulations, @wrightline1.42741! It’s life long comic fans like you that make the DC community such a unique and special place. Always a thrill to see the new mystery you bring to my door.

15 Likes

Congrats @wrightline1.42741 ! Glad to see your appreciation of Doomsday Clock.

15 Likes

Congrats @wrightline1.42741!!

14 Likes

Awesome selection @wrightline1.42741

13 Likes

Congratulations, @wrightline1.42741! :partying_face:

I’m digging your top 10 list, especially the Ross and Dini joints. Those books were (and are) absolutely stunning in all of the best ways.

SN: For anybody that’s new to the Dini and Ross tomes and would like to read them on DCUI, they’re available in this collection (Ultra eyes-only :nerd_face:):

15 Likes

Congratulations @wrightline1.42741 !!!

13 Likes

Congratulations @wrightline1.42741

13 Likes

Congrats @wrightline1.42741 !

12 Likes

I guess your favorite writer is that man who cruelly ruined Sheldon’s favorite comic book store.

9 Likes

Congratulations, @wrightline1.42741 !

9 Likes

We might not have crossed paths, but congratulations nonetheless…

11 Likes

Awesome! Congratulations @wrightline1.42741!! :tada: :dancer:t2:

We’ve only interacted a few times, but I can say w/ certainty that it’s always great when you share—you are a big part of what makes this community so special. :green_heart: Thank you for helping to make our village greener (which leads me to your awesome recommends):
To say I’m thrilled to see Neil Gaiman, Greg Rucka (repping Wonder Woman, especially) and Alan Moore is a small understatement. :full_moon_with_face: Excellent choices. :clinking_glasses:

14 Likes

Congrats @wrightline1.42741!

10 Likes