⏰Second Chance: Manhunter, Red Robin, & Checkmate

Where did all the Green Lantern content go? I could have sworn there was a ton more than just 90+ issues of the 1960 series.

@aphex 978

There is actually more vintage GL here than there was before. They have pretty much the complete silver age Hal Jordan from his first appearance to right before the O’Neal/Adams run started minus a couple of early Showcase issues before his solo title launched. They also have almost all of Len Wein’s run from the early eighties from just after the start through issue 200 shortly after which I believe they rebooted the title with the first Emerald Dawn mini-series and gave Hal the silver streaks to either show he was getting old or that he was possessed by the sentient embodiment of fear in the universe.

Issue 200 was when the comic book became “Green Lantern Corps” (which I hope will find it’s way on here someday). Guess it was relatively short lived but not immediately before Emerald Dawn.

Working through Manhunter right now and it is so good!

2 Likes

A service similar to Marvel Unlimited would be nice. One where comics aren’t rotated out.

I think comics are rotated out at Marvel Unlimited also, although not as frequently as here.

Marvel Unlimited rarely if ever rotates something out. Occasionally something might leave because of rights issues (like the Dark Tower books if they lose the Stephen King license). What happens more frequently is that something will develope a persisten glitch (most commonly involving the white background of a word balloon either shifting or disappearing entirely making the text unreadable). Some stuff will also get moved or retitled which can make it almost impossible to find through the app.

The biggest problem with that service is that it sometimes takes them forever to address the problem. There was an issue of the 90s Fantastic Four that opened as Skrull Kill Krew #1 for about three years until it was fixed.

2 Likes

I’d love Zatanna solo titles! All she has here are team-up issues and series.

I’m older, to when I saw Manhunter, I thought it was the Walt Simonson series. LOL But I searched and discovered it was a new hero. I may give it a try. But the older series would be cool to re-discover too.

I’ve only read a bit of the Kate Spencer Manhunter, but she’s really cool, definitely recommend giving it a shot.

1 Like

Manhunter was amazing. I loved it. Great character development and solid supporting cast. It has a lot of cameos from fan favorite characters as well as ties to events like Identity Crisis, Infinite Crisis, and the OMAC Project.
Now to read Checkmate (except I have to read OMAC Project and Infinite Crisis first because they lead into Checkmate :laughing:).

3 Likes

bump

I finally finished Manhunter tonight! I am so excited that I got to reread the issues I had already read during the initial run and to read the ones I never got to read as well. It is such a strong series and so worth the time invested in reading all of it. Every moment is wonderful. Great stories, wonderful cast, and just everything I would ever want in a title. Thanks for giving us that wanted to get through it a second chance to do so. I loved every single second of it!

4 Likes

Hey Guys - read them or lose them, 2/28 they are not here any longer.

What other titles would I like to see?

Anything with the Legion of Super-Heroes .

How much bat-content do we really need?

Just finished checkmate that’s why I want the best DC boats in years said that they’re taking it off

I wish I could’ve finished Hitman. Also, I thought comics weren’t getting pulled down anymore?

Last chance, Ladies and gentlemen!!

@whymannywhy These three are the exception. They were pulled, but by popular demand they decided to bring them back for a limited time to give everyone who was reading them before they were pulled a chance to finish.

With lots of things being added, why can’t these stay on?