:0_scooby_doo: Scooby Doo and Krypto Too Disscusion :superman:

14 Likes

Looks like a fun crossover. Feels very super friends.

6 Likes

It is - it’s one of the projects that was inexplicable cancelled around the same time as the Batgirl movie and I don’t remember if this was also a tax write-off or just something something costs/residuals (which was the reason Minx was cancelled and shows like Westworld was taken off HBO - and HBO Max).

I actually saw it this past winter? At the home of someone who works in animation and he is a big Scooby fan and knows I’m into Krypto, Jimmy and all things Daily Planet/Superman and asked if I had seen it and wanted to see it on his big screen flat screen, when we were done with dinner - he also knew at the time I had no working TV.

I said sure, since it was a short film and we watched the entire thing (which had the opening title credits and so-forth so it looked like a legit film). Later on, not from this friend, I found out it (I think on reddit?) that it was pirated and leaked from the WB servers, which is highly frowned upon for anyone to have that kind of content.

Since my friend both works for several unions and legitimately works for one of the big animation studios (not WB), I’m not going to say more. I actually haven’t spoken to him about the film (or even anything WB related only a brief discussion that he hated the voice work on the Dwayne Johnson Krypto movie - he hates when they don’t use the VA who do animation for a living and instead use big name stars for no real reason)

But as far as I remember, it was a fun movie and I didn’t get why it was not released - even if they didn’t want to pay residuals, it had already been paid for, as far as the work performed. There are no major voice actors or no one who would really be an expensive salary, so I assumed it had to do with the HB or Scooby licensing payments, so they must have worked something out, or sold it to someone like Prime/Netflix, etc., which made this release worthwhile.

8 Likes

Zontar Jr. is not convinced this will be great, from the trailer. However, the unplanned preview Strange Visitor refers to prompted a good deal of “Discovery is crazy if they ditch this, but renew the Velma animated series” comments, so sounds like it is good as both a Scooby movie and a DC animated movie.

7 Likes

I can’t wait to see this!!

9 Likes

@RexRebel

5 Likes

I enjoyed it; it has some clever bits that pick up on concepts used in Justice League Action and I liked pretending it existed in that universe, just, with you, know Scoob and those pesky humans he had to hang around with because Shaggy wasn’t responsible enough to depend on for the necessities of life, like snacks!

7 Likes

Enough Krypto! Where’s Streaky?!?!

7 Likes

Where’s Stinky?

5 Likes

Saw the trailer yesterday and I can’t wait to see the movie, it almost reminded me of the Super Friends. Hope it comes to Max soon.:smiley:

:0_scooby_doo_1: & :ttns_gif_krypto: Too!

7 Likes

I used to watch the Krypto the Superdog cartoon as a kid, so this seems very reminiscent. I had heard it was canceled as a tax write-off, just like Batgirl and Scoob 2 which honestly gives me hope for the future. :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

This Looks exciting.

7 Likes

Very glad this is getting an official release! Looking forward to picking it up come September!

Kind of wonder why the physical version is Wal-Mart only though. Between that and the canceled Scooby projects its almost like the current heads of WBD just have a weird hatred of Scooby-Doo and don’t want the franchise to succeed anymore.

But yeah, as a Krypto The Superdog fan. I’m hyped for this!

6 Likes

Love the title! I’m looking forward to this. :ttns_gif_krypto:

8 Likes

KRYPTO! (Krypto!) The SUPER-DOG!

9 Likes

New clip

6 Likes

Lol Lex :laughing:. This looks fun

4 Likes

Looking forward to this. I’ll give it a rental.

5 Likes

Okay, this looks like it’s going to hit a lot of sweet spots. The Scooby Gang, the Legion of Doom, Lois and Jimmy, the Hall of Justice, Giganta (sigh! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:), the Joker and Harley frickin’ Quinn, and Krypto! Did I mention Giganta? :heart_eyes: (I don’t know where Superman was, though. It must’ve been his day off.)

5 Likes

I looked for it on red box but could not find it.

3 Likes