🦇Saturday, March 30th: Batman's 80th Anniversary 12 Hour Watch-Along Marathon!

It’s our most epic Watch-Along yet!

All day on Saturday, March 30th, we’re going to be celebrating our Bats off! 80 years ago on this day, Detective Comics #27 changed comic book history forever when Batman swung onto the scene and into our hearts.

To celebrate here in the forums, we’ll be watching 12 hours of Batman cartoons, film, and animated features. Check out our full schedule below and get ready for an action-packed day of adventure!

:bat:Batman: The Animated Series​:bat:
5:00 AM PST/8:00 AM EST
yourdcu.com/BM80BTAS
–“Perchance to Dream” - SEASON 1, EPISODE 30 (5:00 AM PST/8:00 AM EST)
–“Almost Got 'Im” - SEASON 1, EPISODE 46 (5:30 AM PST/8:30 AM EST)

:bat:The New Batman Adventures​:bat:
6:00 AM PST/9:00 AM EST
yourdcu.com/BM80TNBA
–“Over The Edge” - SEASON 1, EPISODE 11 (6:00 AM PST/9:00 AM EST)
–“Mad Love” - SEASON 1, EPISODE 24 (6:30 AM PST/9:30 AM EST)

:bat:Batman: Year One​:bat:
7:00 AM PST/10:00 AM EST
yourdcu.com/BM80BY1

:bat:Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Pt 1​:bat:
8:30 AM PST/11:30 AM EST
yourdcu.com/BM80DKR1

:bat:Batman: The Dark Knight Returns Pt 2​:bat:
10:00 AM PST/1:00 PM EST
yourdcu.com/BM80DKR2

:bat:Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker​:bat:
11:30 AM PST/2:30 PM EST
yourdcu.com/BM80ROTJ

:bat:Batman: Under the Red Hood​:bat:
1:00 PM PST/4:00 PM EST
yourdcu.com/BM80UTRH

:bat:Batman (1989):bat:
2:30 PM PST/5:30 PM EST
yourdcu.com/BM801989

===================

If you’ve never experienced a Watch-Along before, there’s no better time to jump in and share your favorite memories of beloved Bat-classics! After a small bit of training, you’ll be as ready as the Dark Knight himself to tackle all 12 hours.

:white_check_mark:THE DEETS​:white_check_mark:

HOW: Shortly before the scheduled time, have your bat-content of choice cued up on your viewing screen. We will all push play at EXACTLY the same time to ensure we’re all sharing the same moments. Then, we join the comments on our mobile or alternate device to chat and react with fellow bat-fans!

WHO: You! In your Batman shirt! Enjoying beverages from your bat-cup! With your Batman slippers! You get the idea.

WHAT: You have 12 hours of content to choose from! Pick one (or all!) of the excellent stories featuring our favorite caped crusader above and settle in.

WHERE: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments below! Maybe on your phone! But also, you 'll be watching all Batman, all the time, on another screen to make it easier. So there, too.

WHEN: Saturday, March 30th, @5:00 AM PST/8:00 AM EST - 5:00 PM PST/8:00 PM EST.

Why: Because if you gotta go, go with a smile!

37 Likes

Sounds awesome :o

So cool that you guys do this kinda stuff!!

8 Likes

Oh my DCU, you crazy! xD This sounds absolutely Epic. I might be able to make the last one! Traveling to a nearby city to see Les Misérables that day :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Wow that’s way to early for me to start! I might join for the 1989 Batman watch along! :grinning:

6 Likes

Love your enthusiasm :slight_smile: We’re awfully excited about the chance to spend 12 hours with all of you, too!

8 Likes

Wow

2 Likes

Twelve hours of Batman. That is Joker level insane right there.

3 Likes

Crazy idea just floating it out there, why not have @ The Riddler as like a co moderator for the event he could pick which part’s of the marathon he wants to get in on. It just feels right!

5 Likes

I’m hoping to join at least one of these. :crossed_fingers::bat::tv:

3 Likes

Wow that’s pretty awesome marathon for an awesome celebration. I’ll try to catch some of it

3 Likes

I CALLED IT A FEW MONTHS BEFORE JUSTICE LEAGUE CAME OUT I TOLD A FRIEND THAT BETWEEN SUPERMAN AND THE BATMAN IN A FIGHT BATMAN WOULD KICK HIS BEHIND AND SURE ENOUGH HE DID JUST LIKE WHEN HE BROKE DARKSEID’S CODE FOR SOME WEIRD BOMB’S TYHAT WOULD BLOW THE ENTIRE PLANET IF EITHER SUPEMAN OR SUPERGIRL TRIED THAT DARLSEID WOULD CALL THEIR BLUFF BUT BATMAN WAS NOT BLUFFING AND DARKSEID KNEW THIS AND BACKED DOWN SOMETHING HE HADNT DONE BEFORE…1

P.S WHO WOULD /COULD BE THE STRONGEST BEING IN THE UNIVERSE? DARKSEID? THANOS? GALACTUS? OR IS IT THOSE SILENT BEINGS WHO CALL THEMSELVES THE WATCHERS?

I love it. I also love being able to interact with all of you through this app. I’m looking forward to indulging in my love of Batman with all my fellow Bat-fans.
I can almost here the 1960’s Robin played by Burt Ward expressing his mind with some sort of “HOLY” phrase

4 Likes

Batman Day!!!

2 Likes

Who else has plans to do the Batusi at some point during this wicked marathon of wonderment?

Hmmm? Bueller?

2 Likes

Will you be wearing a cape and cowl for this dance?

2 Likes

Y-…no.

1 Like

Can’t wait

2 Likes

80 years of Batman wow.

2 Likes

I love Batman it’s like a billionaire playboy who is depressed for loss of his folks but became a crime fighting vigilante hero that strikes fear to the hearts of criminals and supervillains by Protecting the city of Gotham from the plague of evil

1 Like

Hi all! Your humble DC Universe editor here. Just chiming in to say that while I’ll be working at WonderCon all day this Saturday — gathering interviews with DC artists, writers, actors, and filmmakers to share with you on our News page — I’m every bit as excited for this, our most epic watch-along ever. So I’m gonna try my best to carve out at least some time to take part. The Dark Knight deserves no less. And there’s not a single TV episode or movie on the day’s schedule that’s anything less than super-spectacular (the very word the late, great science-fiction writer Harlan Ellison used to describe Tim Burton’s 1989 Batman movie 40 years ago). Kudos to Applejack and her magnificent moderators for putting this day together. LONG LIVE THE BAT!!!

2 Likes