Ruby Rose as Batwoman Looks Astonishing!

I like everything but the cowl. I personally would have liked to see a less detailed mask so it matches the rest of the costume.

This is still probably not the actual costume, could be some Photoshop action going on, so it may look slightly different on TV. Itā€™s still such an awesome job. I havenā€™t checked but is the Batwoman run in Detective uploaded here?

Okay just checked and it is here, I know what Iā€™m reading tonight!

Also, I know Renee Montoya is going to be in the Birds of Prey movie, but how about her or The Question appearing in the Batwoman series after this crossover next year?

2 Likes

Yeah, ā€œGreg Ruckaā€ is a terrific writer, Itā€™s on the list of arcs to read for me.

1 Like

Wait, so her crossover is leading to her own show? I thought she was just going to be a guest appearance.

Cool

Thatā€™s the plan. But nothingā€™s been decided yet, theyā€™re still only working on the pilot.

1 Like

@Isacbrown you should really read Greg Rucka run of the punisher. It is single handedly my favorite run of the character. He introduceā€™s a character named Rachel Chole both of them really work well together. This was before the start of the downfall of Marvel Comics so they actually tried and succeeded at making this female character relatable, interesting, sympathetic, and ultimately badass.

I once asked Matthew Rosenberg if he was going to incorporate her into his run like Nathan Edmondson did and he got real uncomfortable about that question. From what I gathered he sees Frank as more a villain then an actual anti hero and since Chole is basically a female punisher I doubt he ever will.

I hope closer to the crossover more of Batwoman comics will be added. Right now thereā€™s just six issues of the 2011 series. Hopefully the rest is added soon.

1 Like

Itā€™s going to be amazing. Iā€™m curious how theyā€™ll work it in and adjust it to the timeline. Like will she already have a team or will she be solo like an origin story and are they going to take Batman themes and apply it to her? So many questions lol

1 Like

Lotsa questions, sure. My thinking is that because itā€™s titled Elseworlds, sheā€™s on another Earth where sheā€™s basically Batman. Because they wonā€™t have actual Batman on TV for some reason, even though we got Superman. But thatā€™s fine, Iā€™m looking forward to her own show and potential Gotham characters showing up, including Renee and Mother Panic.

1 Like

She looks like Batwoman. Unfortunately Batwomanā€™s design has never been good in my book. The DCAU had a better version, the wig is just goofy

Iā€™m still hoping Batman and the rest of the Bat Family exist in her world but they left Gotham on a big mission or something, leaving her in charge for a while

1 Like

The costume does look great, pegs the comics design. Just hope Ruby can keep the tats covered. I hate tats.

She looks perfect! Currently trying to catch up on all the arrowverse shows so I can watch this season. Looking forward to the crossover!

1 Like

Not a fan of the cape, but looks great for the rest

Looks awesome!

Excited to see what they do with her

2 Likes

Iā€™m ready for a trailer for the crossover!

2 Likes

I dont like the mask or cape, or that itā€™s from CW. But I would watch Ruby Rose read the phone book, Iā€™ll give it a whirl.

The cape and cowl are the best parts besides the bat symbol

1 Like

I hope during the crossover someone asks her ā€œWho are you?ā€ and she goes, ā€œIā€™m Batwoman.ā€ :sunglasses:

1 Like