Rough week for DC fans

Does anybody else feel like this has been a rough couple of weeks for DC fans? 1. The rumors about Vertigo comics being shut down 2. Rocksteady confirmed we won’t be finding anything out about their next project for a while. 3. The Battinson casting decision being so controversial, whether or not you think he will be great. 4. Swamp thing is getting fewer episodes than we though. It certainly seems like the DC fandom has had its ups and downs over the last couple of years.
So that leads to my question. What keeps you positive and excited about DC during some of those disappointing times?

6 Likes

Eh…I learned not to get too caught up in stuff I don’t control. What gets me excited? Tons of material to read and watch and collect for my favorite characters. New movies and shows would be great for sure…I guess it’ll happen when it happens :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

I’m very excited about the upcoming Leviathan event, Part 2 of Young Justice: Outsiders, and the Oracle and Cassandra Cain books coming from DC INK.

3 Likes

It hasn’t been a rough week IMO.

To address your points:

The Vertigo rumor is just that, a rumor. From a dubious (at best) “news” source.

Swamp Thing being pared down to 10 episodes is fine. Things can and do change in the world of television as productions progress, and this is a prime example of that.

I’m not into video games, so the Rocksteady deal is of no consequence to me. However, I am sympathetic to those for whom it may be a big deal. I’m sure if and when they announce a DC title, it will be worth the wait.

Here are some positive things from DC from last week and this week so far:

-the debut trailer for the next Vertigo movie The Kitchen
-4K UHD editions of the Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher Batman movies
-a new look at Diana in Wonder Woman 1984
-new comics to DCU
-a batch of brand new comics from DC proper
-a new episode of Swamp Thing this Friday

Always look on the sunny side :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thanks!!! You fans are the best!! I’m excited for leviathan, Justice League, and the Morrison GL stuff. “You are the fandom I needed right now, but not the one I deserve” :wink:

4 Likes

OH YEAH! And GREG RUCKA is doing a FREAKING LOIS LANE COMIC! That’s a dream of mine come true!

5 Likes

See, always look on the sunny side :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well it had been announced for a while about Swamp Thing getting fewer episodes.

3 Likes

They’ve messed up Vertigo. Still, Morrison on GL, Young Animal, Hawkman, The Terrifics, and Superman Year One!!

1 Like

As long as there’s a DC Comics, then theres always hope.

6 Likes

I thought this was about DC/Warner announcing they wont be at Comic-con this year. That the only thing I found disappointing in the DC world this week.

Ok, the Swamp Thing news has been known for quite awhile now. It cant be labeled good or bad until the whole season airs. Not a big deal imo

The Pattinson “controversy” isnt controversial. Every actor cast as Batman is met with rejection, dismissal, anger, and hatred. But its usually from people who have garbage opinions on e everything. If you judge a casting as bad or terrible without watching the role, your opinion is absolutely worthless. Aimed at nobody particular, to be clear.

Heres a big DC win in my book: Swamp Thing. The pilot was excellent

6 Likes

Also, I get the disappointment in not knowing what Rocksteady is working on. At the same time, there is absolutely no GOOD reason to expect it to be a DC property. They said they were finished with Batman, they said it isnt Superman. The only thing Sefton Hill has said is that it’s based on a very popular intellectual property. Yes, it could be a DC game. It’s just as likely to be Power Rangers. Not necessarily a DCrelated let down

4 Likes

@Zomebedy You and me both. But the fact that they’re not ready to announce anything yet lets me know that the project is huge and special.

3 Likes

It would be terrible to close vertigo.

1 Like

It is the golden age for DC right now. Movie and TV adaptations like Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam!, Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing are rocking my world. And the comic books are generally awesome as well. I have no complaints.

3 Likes

“What keeps you positive and excited about DC during some of those disappointing times?”

Right now? The new poster from Wonder Woman 1984 :blue_heart:

5 Likes

Been like this since DCEU started and New52 witch I liked

Not gonna lie I get nauseous

1 Like

The thought that this awesome App exists. Also knowing more content will be released & DC is always coming up with something new to offer & deliver. I’m excited to hear what gets announced at SDCC.

1 Like

That bad times don’t last always as my grandma would tell me. If the current stuff doesn’t move me then I can always go back and read/watch/listen to what I know I like until something new and better comes along. Besides, no matter what happens it’s not like the DC line is ever completely awful.

2 Likes