Rough week for DC fans

@dogwelder9 Yep CERN’s gonna usher in a real life Crisis on Infinite Eartha.

2 Likes

What keeps us positive? We’re DC fans Baby! the best of the best of the best.
Ok so I stole that last part from Will Smith in MIB but y’all agree right?
Staying positve is what we do plus theres DoomsDay Clock, Hawkman, Swamp Thang show, Just finished DoomPatrol. DC is in the spot light and on a roll with the movies and animation with Batman and TMNT along with HUSH.
Its all good!

3 Likes

@fansumtheory.16165 Dude, you’re alright in my book!

2 Likes

I love the characters. I may not always agree with direction the company takes them in but there is always something I like past or present. If I don’t like something current I open up some back issues or pop in some old movies and cartoons.

Also, the fact this app exists, the DC TV shows here on the app and on regular channels, and the movies.

Everything has ups and downs, I still give DC a chance when things are announced or come out.

I have been a DC fan since I was at least four years old with Batman re-run shows and Superfriends cartoons.

3 Likes

Here are more positives to accentuate:

-The best received live action DC movies of the last few years have been those starring Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam.

As a guy that grew up with Superman and Batman movies, this is amazing! If you told me when I was a kid that Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Shazam would be leading our cinematic pack, I would be over the moon with joy!

I LOVE Superman and Batman unconditionally, but the DC brand is at its strongest when all manner of properties within it get their time in the spotlight. We are living the dream. To quote Mikey from The Goonies: “This is our time guys!”

-The best received live action DC TV shows from the last few years have been those rooted in franchises as diverse as The Flash, Titans, Doom Patrol and Swamp Thing. That kind of variety kicks ass!

-We’ve got the full, digital, DC single issue comic book library at our fingertips 24/7, and it’s growing every week!

-Next year is DC’s 85th anniversary, a major milestone in every way. This is an entertainment brand that transcends generations, decades and history.

No other entertainment brand has that long of a legacy, and when other brands do hit their 85 year marks, DC will still (as always) be far ahead of the pack charting new waters while everyone else floats in their wake.

-DC continues its unparalleled innovation in animation via Warner Brothers Animation. Justice League Action, Young Justice season 3, the continued advancement of the DC Original Movie line, the high definition remasters of Batman: The Animated Series and The New Batman Adventures, assorted movies, shows and miscellanea ranging from DC Superhero Girls, the CW Seed shows, and new Showcase Presents shorts to Harley Quinn and beyond show that DC (via WBA) has the pedal to the metal with regards to animation, especially with the above mentioned contemporary success stories.

-Next year begins a new era in DC Comics based toys and collectibles via McFarlane Toys and Spin Master. The last time the license for said products changed hands was in 2003, when Mattel acquired it from Hasbro. The last 16 years since then have been wonderful and I absolutely cannot wait to see what the future brings us.

-DC’s publishing lines continue to evolve and deliver quality content. Bendis on Superman, Grant Morrison on Green Lantern, Scott Snyder chronicling over a year’s worth of Justice League adventures, John Romita Jr. pumping out new Superman art and a new Lois Lane book?! The Wild Storm and a forthcoming return of the WildC.A.T.S? Jasper said it best on The Simpsons: “What a time to be alive!”

So, yeah. Positives galore.

9 Likes

@Vroom That was beautiful, buddy! :clap:

3 Likes

I can’t anymore… I think I’m done.

The future of DC Comics Black Label!

Vroom…your drunk on the kool-aid.

Vertigo is being rolled in under DC banner(s).

That’s Rocksteady’s issue, maybe not DC. Maybe somebody wants to much money or somebody is willing to pay to little.

You think casting is causing dramarama. At least it hasn’t made the front page of the Wall Street Journal, as the negative press about Keaton did for Batman 89.

Swamp Thing didn’t get a second d season. Boo freakin hoo. Maybe it just doesn’t have a broad enough appeal to be picked up by anyone. The Swamp Thing fan base is happy with the results so far, it seems. However maybe, just maybe, they’ll have to except that to do Swamp Thing justice costs more money than it’s worth. I don’t see a Swamp Thing fan contingent offering up $80 million out of there own pockets to pay for it.

And

@Vroom
Very well said. :clap:

Yeesh… that’s pretty bad but that’s almost nothing compared to other fanbases.

I’m with DC until the cows come home, broke, and need a place to crash for a while. Count me in.

I have been a die hard fan of the vertigo stuff since its inception, but HONESTLY i like a fully integrated universe. Before vertigo, Swamp Thing, Sandman and Constantine were just the “creepy” side of the regular DCU. then…came Vertigo, and an imaginary wall was built in the story quarantining the “vertigo stories” from everything else. I think it was marketing, to let edgy 90’s goths not feel like “superfriends nerds” (myself included in that remark). However, in the last 20 years, the REGULAR dc stuff has gotten darker, and the mainstream has stopped nerd shaming. I am okay with tearing down the “vertigo wall” and re-unite those characters with the modern DCU.