Rewrite the DCEU

Our TV manufacturers suck. So does all our industry.

1 Like

Uh, let’s just say it’s the courage of Achilles changing his personality. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Yeah, it bugs me, too. I still like the movie, though.)

1 Like

Ouch :cry:

1 Like

Most people already see Superman the Movie as their ideal Superman Solo movie. The best way to capture the audiences is to use a character who lacks that. Between Reeves, Lois and Clark, and Smallville most people think they have already seen the best of live-action Superman.

1 Like

Like Batman? Or from Adam West to Ben Affleck, have audiences not seen their “ideal” version of the character yet?

Yes most people have seen their ideal Batman movie by now, but I apparently have far more versatility. Just look at how polar opposite Keaton and West are, and yet they are both loved by all.

In contrast the most popular DCEU movies are Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Captain Marvel. Obviously they should have started with Hawkman and then done those three.

1 Like

Sigh… that sounded arrogant, but if you say so Batman… you’re still my number 1, after Superman :wink:.

1 Like

I have never been known for my humility. I learned I should accept that instead of arrogantly thinking I can control my ego.

1 Like

Start with Booster Gold

Look, if I was re-writing the DCEU not a single bit of what was put out would be apart of it. It would have to start completely over from scratch cuz the whole damn universe is a dumpster fire from start to finish. But at least the embers are pretty and I’m claiming those embers as Aquaman and Shazam, but they would still have to go.

1 Like

Lets make Shazam PG

1 Like

Zack Snyder has created a rather intriguing DC universe, but I don’t think he nails the characters he put in it. Only in Justice League did Ben Affleck’s Batman feel like Batman. Superman was really depressing in BvS, I just didn’t like his portrayals of the characters.

Welcome to the community, friend! Please let us @moderators know if you need anything at all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would cancel it and do stand alone movies, doulogies, and trilogies. No end scenes and no connection between movies exept that actors may appear from one movie into another.

2 Likes

I know DC doesn’t want to just “yield to Marvel” or whatever, but look, everything was done for the first time once, and DC shouldn’t be afraid to emulate the MCU. I’d start the whole thing over with the two very obvious things that Marvel got right, that DC then got wrong on purpose just because they didn’t want to be accused of copying: One, do solo films and then the crossover, and two, have like, a plan. Like, multiple years in advance, Phase by Phase. It doesn’t have to be word for word, but like… Don’t just fight Steppenwolf, and then just meander off aimlessly. So, in the full understanding that I’ll be accused of just “copying Marvel”, here’s how I’d do a DC shared film Universe, starting over in a brand-new Universe.

Phase One:
Batman - May Year 1
The Flash - November Year 1
Superman - May Year 2
Green Lantern - November Year 2
Wonder Woman - May Year 3
Martian Manhunter - November Year 3
Justice League - May Year 4
Phase Two:
Batman: The Long Halloween - May Year 5
Shazam! - November Year 5
Superman: Doomsday - May Year 6
Cyborg - November Year 6
Wonder Woman: War of the Gods - May Year 7
Blue Beetle - November Year 7
The Flash: Flash of Two Worlds - May Year 8
The Supergirl from Krypton - November Year 8
Green Lanterns - May Year 9
Aquaman - November Year 9
Justice League: Zero Hour - May Year 10
Phase Three:
Batman: The Joker War - May Year 11
Booster Gold - July Year 11
Green Lanterns: Blackest Night - November Year 11
Superman: H’El on Earth - May Year 12
Teen Titans - July Year 12
Aquaman: The Trench - November Year 12
Wonder Woman: Trial of the Amazons - May Year 13
Arrow - July Year 13
The Flash: Dark Flash Saga - November Year 13
Martian Manhunter: Strange Visitor - May Year 14
Justice League Dark - July Year 14
Teen Titans: The Judas Contract - November Year 14
Justice League: Apokolips - May Year 15
Legion of Super-Heroes - July Year 15
Supergirl: Kandor - November Year 15
Justice League: Anti-Life - May Year 16

This is just a rough framework, and a lot of the sequel titles are just taken from comics that have nice and clickbait-y titles, that wouldn’t necessarily need to be adapted very faithfully. But basically, do the MCU, and with the multiverse likely being heavily involved for many of these characters, with previous on-screen DC adaptations, we could do kind of what the MCU seems to be doing with the previous X-Men and Spider-Man franchises: Multiversally take the good parts, patch up the bad where we can, and reserve the right to do it better this time.

1 Like