RESULTS ARE IN: Meta Madhouse - Lex Luthor Masterminds! Watch Official Announcement on DC Daily

All I know is that pit save destroyed me. I had Ra’s v Deathstroke with Slade declared victor. Ouch

3 Likes

Same! The Lazarus Pit has gotten in my way three times in a row now.

4 Likes

Sadly our famed Waller has been reduced to rubble… :sweat:
Although in this instance I’m thinking maybe she found a new target for Task Force X and remembered she had to make them “the bomb” so she let Lady Shiva move on for now… :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Honestly I’d agree with you, Slade is a powerful man.

2 Likes

@Applejack
I thought there was only one LP save per bracket?

1 Like

But Bane was a mastermind when he was first introduced, way before King’s version.

2 Likes

So canonically we know Ra’s has defeated Shiva but not the other way around. The winner here is Ra’s. (Despite @HubCityQuestion blind spot for all things Lady Shiva.)

As Ra’s will say after his victory. “I taught you everything you know…I didn’t teach you everything I know.

2 Likes

He was a good planner but I wouldn’t call him a mastermind in his early incarnations.

“Defeated” is a stretch – he shot her in the back while she was talking to her daughter. Earlier in that same arc, Ra’s ran from Shiva while he threw a horde of henchmen at her, which she dispatched in seconds. And I’d be remiss not to point out that Shiva has had teachers from all over the world – Ra’s only encompasses a fraction of her knowledge.

1 Like

The votes came in in Talia’s favor the second time!

1 Like

Are we talking about the same Bane here? Bane’s first appearance was an orchestrated plan to wear Batman down until he could be beaten. He’s always looked for the angles.

2 Likes

But that’s kinda the point. Would you put it past Ra’s to shoot her before the bell? I wouldn’t.

Shiva won’t go down that way this time. Ambushing Shiva requires the presence of a third party. The truth is, Ra’s is scared of her. In a one-on-one scenario, that’s going to bear out.

3 Likes

Pure supposition on your part that Ra’s can’t figure out a way to beat her. You are dealing even in that panel with a particular set of circumstances that are not a tournament style engagement. He’s the Demon’s Head for a reason. Guile, deception, and misdirection are all being ignored. Do we think Ra’s has a poison (which he has developed a resistance to, ala small consistent exposure to certain poisons, like arsenic) laced smoke bomb that can’t get her. Ra’s has much larger access to such resources than Shiva.

See that panel? Not my assessment. Batman’s.

2 Likes

Exactly what @HubCityQuestion said. His whole shtick was he used his brain to beat a man who most considered unbeatable. His physicality (read: venom) was just a tool in his arsenal.

1 Like

Later in the same arc, Ra’s al Ghul delivers Batman, his own greatest prize, to Shiva’s hands. All because he would rather give him up than have to deal with her.

2 Likes

I don’t see Batman fighting her in this round. Not giving you that one Q.

It’s math. Batman fights Ra’s on equal footing. Shiva beats Batman. Therefore, Shiva beats Ra’s.

5 Likes

Yeah, because a tennis player beats someone the first time, they always beat them. That is preposterous. And again Ra’s shot Shiva. He figured out a way to outsmart her. How much of Ra’s blood has Shiva spilled? And after that panel, Ra’s never went after Batman again, right?

Regarding the math issue. Upsets NEVER happen, right. Virginia beat teams that beat teams that beat UMBC. So by your reasoning, Virginia never lost to UMBC…oh wait…they did.

1 Like