RESULTS ARE IN: Meta Madhouse - Lex Luthor Masterminds! Watch Official Announcement on DC Daily

Savage v Brainiac- Brainiac wins. Savage May have his vast immortal knowledge and strategy but I bet brainiac has dealt with if species in his collections who’ve had long life spans with a vast amount of knowledge. So Brainiac wins.

Bane v Talia- Bane wins. The is a lot of favoritism but I feel bane can have a way to outsmart Talia some way. He that way of being able to break people down both literally and figuratively so he has to have a plan to win against someone he knows who has better fighting skill.

Ra’s v Riddler- Ra’s win. Quick and easy. Maybe a little challenge but nothing crazy.

Shiva v Wall- Shiva wins. Waller knows she can’t win this fight physically but her mental ability will get her out alive. But in the end Shiva wins.

1 Like

The masterminds bracket is coming down to ruthlessness and determination.
Who is more ruthless and determined Vandal Savage or Brainiac? It Savage. Also trying to kill Savage goes against his programming. Savage is immortal, it is illogical to try and kill someone who is immortal. It’s a case of Brainiac trying to divide by zero. Segmentation Fault. Core Dump.

1 Like
 Well, these results all seem logical. My prediction for the champion of this entire thing was Deathstroke, and it was a blow to see him go down in the first round due to a Lazarus Pit save. I don't know that he would have won, though. My prediction was at least slightly due to how much I like the character. At this point, I'm really unsure as to who will win this.

Savage vs. Brainiac is pretty much the DC equivalent of the immortal “Caveman vs Astronauts” debate.

Of course the cavemen win.

1 Like

I strongly disagree with the result of Talia vs Deathstroke, but que sera sera.

Brainiac vs Savage is a tough one. Vandal Savage has immortality, and thousands of years of experience backing him up, but Brainiacs got near infinite intelligence and means to destroy anything. Brainiac has destroyed worlds, Vandal can’t even conquer Earth and has to align himself with others to see his plans through.

Bane vs Talia isn’t really much of contest imo. Bane’s strong, but Talia’s definitely quicker and more skilled in the art of killing.

Shiva vs Waller is a wash. Shiva takes that no issue.

For Riddler and Ra’s, if it were a battle of wits it might be a tighter competition, but if you’re asking who could best who in general, Ra’s has six hundred years of physical conditioning and mental experience on his side. Nygma’s ego will always be his downfall.

3 Likes

Depends on the incarnation he has conquered worlds multiple times. Rameses, Alexander, Julius Ceaser, & Genghis Khan.

Brainiac only collects specimens of worlds and their data and destroys their works. Most of that is a function of his ship, not him personally.

These are face to face, in the ring, mano-a-mano.

But ok…brainiac has his ship that can destroy worlds, so dues Vandal Savage. He actually has Monguls Warworld (at the end of YJ season 3) and he has a pact with Darkseid to add to it.

See Superman Unbound for what happens to brainiac when he is out of his sterile ship and having to deal with the real world. He comes apart. He can’t handle even the effects of a chaotic system. Vandal knows chaos, the chaos of life and certainly the chaos of war.

Vandal bears Brainiac in every front.

Is anyone else secretly hoping riddler somehow beats ra’s?

2 Likes

Riddler is one of my favorites, so yes, although I didn’t set my bracket up that way.

Man, Brainiac doesn’t have his ship, he IS his ship. In a one on one fight against pretty much anyone in the world not named Superman, Brainy is gonna take 'em.

3 Likes

C’mon, it’s Amanda Waller. :wink: She knows her physical restraints and is definitely planning for the fight beforehand. She knows she can’t take Shiva 1 on 1. So she’s prepared, whether it’s setting up snipers just beyond the arena, calling in an airstrike, what have you. This can’t be as simple as “Who can punch harder and faster?” because a lot of the villains simply don’t operate that way (and let’s be real, that’s not a very interesting metric by which to make decisions). Whereas Shiva, on the other hand, knows this fight would be an easy victory for her against a regular human opponent, so she doesn’t need to do anything to prepare. That’s where Waller will take advantage of her.

1 Like

Watch Superman Unbound, brainiac is his ship, but in this battle he doesn’t have his ship and even if it was ship to ship combat, war world is better armed than brainiac’s ship.

IMO, this is a question that needs to be resolved for next year’s #meta-madhouse . If a character could bring in anything or use outside resources. Waller using a sniper or Task Force X, or a drone strike or a nuclear warhead. She could get access to ant or all all of those. But is that really a one-on-one battle?

1 Like

I feel like they saved talia so she and her dad can fight.

@HubCityQuestion

How is it that speed & maneuverability aren’t listed as part of Talia’s edge. Let alone cunning.

How is it that people forget Vandal Savage built a shield generator that allowed an area to go out of phase with the rest of the planet in Justice League:Doom. It’s not like Vandal doesn’t understand how to use technology to his advantage.or how Brainiac melted down when confronted with an overload of possible variables that exist outside his nice little sterile environment of city capture? Brainiac is a world conquering threat, to be sure. But, it’s not like Vandal doesn’t know this and put a contingency plan in place for just this eventuality decades ago. Oh, and was it mentioned that Savage is immortal. Brainiac is good, but can he truly take out an immortal? What is the source code in Brainiac’s system to make that happen?

If Tom King’s Batman run proved anything, it’s that Bane has plenty of cunning of his own. As for speed and maneuverability, Talia’s has never been particularly notable. She’s no more maneuverable than, say, Batman, and we all know how that fight played out in Knightfall.

As for Savage, certainly contingency plans CAN be put in place here, but that’s true of all villains on the board this round. If we’re counting sources outside the comics as evidence- and apparently we are, since Savage wasn’t even in the original storyline of “Doom”- Krypton proved that Brainiac can play the long game, too.

As for the immortality point: immortality is not the same thing as invulnerability. Savage can’t die of natural means, and he’s sturdier than your average human, but he also isn’t indestructible (as evidenced recently: the undead Wonder Woman ripping him in half in the latest issue of DCEASED: Unkillables.) Brainiac has fought on Superman’s level before, and has the offensive capacity to rip Vandal apart one-on-one. In an all out war between the two, I wouldn’t bet against Vandal Savage’s ingenuity. But the question here is who would win in a fight?

4 Likes

A good thing he’s not fighting War World then!

I agree that this should be cleared up going forward. If it’s STRICTLY a one-on-one battle and contestants can only bring a weapon or two, then certain characters in these brackets have no business being here at all. Obviously people like Waller and the Penguin can’t go one-on-one against the world’s best assassins and super-powered heavy-hitters. That’s just an unfair matchup, and pointless since everyone already knows the outcome if you’re judging based solely on physical abilities. But I think characters’ outside-connections SHOULD play a role to some degree, since that’s the only possible way someone like Waller could stand a chance. Otherwise, what’s the point of even putting her in this tournament?

It’s an interesting thought- when we tried doing this for our weekly Who Would Win entries, it ended up becoming more complicated. Ultimately, we find there are more interesting discussions to be had when we leave it to the imagination of the members to determine HOW the person they chose would win.

Basically, the more X-factors that are introduced, the more convoluted it becomes.

I think that would actually be more interesting than having us decide- selecting our favorite argument for the winner, and allowing that choice to add an edge.

3 Likes

@HubCityQuestion getting a scope of the compition, how many points do you have so far, if your doing this thing, talias save pretty much screwed me

I think that is a good question. Animation and film are part of the larger DC canon. And if we are going to be able to point to a single writers run of a particular character, say King’s version of Bane. Then looking at a specific instance of a character from any medium is valid. After all, it is merely a single interpretation.

Lobo can regenerate or even generate from a single cell. Savage has regenerative powers. It is possible that in a single instance of a story he has that ability so he’ll even if WW rips him in two, he can survive. Little has ever been explained, one way or another, how Savagr’s regenerative powers work on such a cellular level. So what is truly canon? Should Elseworld versions of characters be allowed. After all, we know (A) it is merely a single authors run/take on a character, (B) what is canon even in general continuity can be retconned at any point. This is an observable fact throughout the history of DC.