Renewals announced today!

You realize Flash dropped all the way to 0.39 mid season. How is that “steady ratings”? Batwoman hovered much more steady with a 0.26-0.35 throughout her season.

It’s obvious youre just here to complain about Batwoman at all costs, even when ur argument makes zero sense compared to any other show on the CW besides the Flash. It’s cool if u hate the CW shows. But this is a thread for people excited about CW shows being renewed. Start your own thread if u wanna hate on everything.

5 Likes

Well said @CrystixSun!

3 Likes

Or it’s great for those of us who truly enjoy the series, and there are many…

2 Likes

What is it that you find comforting in the Nielsen ratings? Good or bad?

I just wanted to pop in with a friendly reminder about our Community Guideline #1 ** Be respectful of fellow members.** We all have our favorite DC characters and stories and our community should celebrate that diversity amongst our fans and properties. Please share your opinions in a constructive way and refrain from rude, insulting, demeaning, or inflammatory posts. Participate in good faith; criticisms are a part of the greater conversation, but users that participate solely to denigrate the community or its interests will be acted upon.

Please be mindful of what you’re posting, with regards to the treatment of other users. While we love and appreciate just how passionate you can all be, we want to make sure we are remaining respectful to each other.

If you have any questions about our Community Guidelines, this link might be able to help: https://yourdcu.com/cmg

9 Likes

I’m thrilled Legends got renewed without this season even premiering! I love the show and all it’s craziness so was personally really excited they believe in it so much. The fact it’s set up to allow for a revolving cast can definitely allow it go on for years as with the cast changes, the plot possibilities open up. After crisis I really can’t wait to see what this season brings!

8 Likes

I didn’t even realize this until now. How awesome is that? Getting a 6th season before the 5th season even comes on has got to be the ultimate power move

6 Likes

Me too! This season already looks like it’s gonna be amazing. And the fact that this is the closest we’re gonna come to Justice League Dark anytime soon on screen, I’m all for it.

I’d love a cameo by DCU’s swamp thing next season now that he’s sadly been cancelled.

4 Likes

Will the Arrowverse ever end? Do people have any predictions about the future of these shows?

3 Likes

Well, if they go through with the proposed SUPERMAN AND LOIS-- I would say not anytime soon. Contracts run out on THE FLASH and SUPERGIRL next year-- which likely means they are already discussing a (possibly shorter like Arrow) 8th and final season for the Flash, and one, possibly two-- 7th and maybe 8th (again, possibly shorter) final seasons for Supergirl… and maybe Legends, too. No doubt a Superman show would be backdoor pilot central for new shows based on DC COMICS characters. And while I know I keep shooting down the Nielsen ratings, one place where they could be used as a proper metric is if STARGIRL’s ratings are comparable to Batwoman and Supergirl-- despite hopefully fantastic potential “expression” numbers here on DCU.

3 Likes

Exactly. It is very surprising that the on the bubble show got such an early renewal. Legends has my favorite season yet last year and I really look forward to the new season. I do hate that Brandon Routh is leaving, but I also look forward to the new Atom…

2 Likes

It will eventually, all things do. For now though, I’m just enjoying as long as I can and not even thinking about the end…

2 Likes

They certainly seem to be setting up a half and half season for LoT & Stargirl next season. I could see them reducing LoT episode count, since it’s generally the most per episode cost & has so much post production. I wonder if they green lit LoT early so they can get production a head start. LoT can take the first half with 14 episodes, than the back half is 10 episodes of Stargirl. Obviously this will depend on how Stargirl is received, however, of all the DCU original series, Stargirl fits well into the CWVERSE model. TV14, some teen angst, and another superhero female lead.

3 Likes

It certainly seems like they’ve been planning for the end of Arrow all through last season and allowing them to comeback, be part of Crisis, and put a bow on the end of its run. Arrow was really running out of steam. Once they got to Oliver in jail, then him working as deputized task force of SCPD. They were going to have to make him a vigilante again and with his identity known, that wasn’t gonna work and he wasn’t gonna go back to being Ra’s either.

I think both Flash & Supergirl could go a full 10 seasons, if they can get the contracts sorted. I think we will definitely see Supergirl for at least two more seasons, as it is a stated objective to make the Kate & Kara relationship the new CWVERSE replacement for Oliver & Barry.

3 Likes

This is great news!

3 Likes

@transformers217.31000. Welcome to the community.

2 Likes

Welcome @transformers217.31000

What’s your favorite show returning next season?

1 Like

I’m super stoked for this. Their relationship hasn’t been a thing in comics, but CW’s penchant for translating Superman stories into Supergirl storylines could bode well with all the fodder that exists between Bruce and Clark.

And that kryptonite scene in crisis! It was handled so well and spoke to how calm, collected, and emotionally mature these Characters are towards each other (something that I feel is occasionally lacking between male Supes and Bats). I want more of that and I’m excited to see it blossom in the seasons to come.

5 Likes

im waiting for them to tell us about Titans moving to the CW or something like that seeing as WB is all ready going to be ditching streaming.

2 Likes

I’d have have to disagree. They are doing more streaming this year with the CW app. The CW shows that started this season, aren’t bound by the Netflix deal (Batwoman and Nancy Drew for example) I’m guessing they will show up in HBOMAX as will Arrow after being finished this season. Netflix holds those rights for a limited amount of time on any completed run/cancellation for, I think it’s a year. Then those show(s) revert back to WB. I have no doubt that they will land on HBOMAX, but it’s not impossible that the DC CW shows could be shared with DCU.

Why do you think WB is ditching streaming?

4 Likes