Recommended Shows and Movies for HBO Max

I just got HBO Max today and I was wondering if you guys had any good recommendations for DC movies/series to watch or any other movie/series on the platform? The two shows I’ve already picked out to watch are Doom Patrol and Peacemaker because I heard they were great so any other suggestions would be awesome.

P.S. I hope they don’t cancel the Blue Beatle movie because I’m really excited for that one.

9 Likes

Movies:

Live-action:

• Superman: The Movie
  • Superman II
  • Supergirl
  • The Tim Burton and Joel Schumacher Batman quadrilogy (Batman, Batman Returns, Batman Forever and Batman & Robin)
  • The Dark Knight Trilogy (Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises)
  • V for Vendetta
  • The Spirit
  • Watchmen
  • The Losers
  • The Red Duology (Red and Red 2)
  • Man of Steel
  • Wonder Woman
  • Aquaman
  • Shazam!
  • Birds of Prey
  • The Suicide Squad
  • Zack Snyder’s Justice League

Animated:

• Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
  • Wonder Woman
  • The Superman/Batman Duology (Superman/Batman: Public Enemies and Superman/Batman: Apocalypse)
  • Anything Lego-related (especially the Lego DC Superhero Girls movies)
  • Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox
  • Justice League: Throne of Atlantis
  • Justice League: Apokolips War
  • Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam
  • Constantine: The House of Mystery
  • Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo
  • Teen Titans: The Judas Contract
  • Teen Titans Go! To The Movies
  • Green Lantern: Emerald Knights

TV series:

Live-action:

• Watchmen
  • Naomi
  • Superman & Lois
  • Birds of Prey
  • Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman

Animated:

• Anything and everything from the DCAU (Batman: The Animated Series, Superman: The Animated Series, The New Batman Adventures, Batman Beyond, Static Shock, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited)
  • Teen Titans
  • Aquaman
  • Teen Titans Go!
  • Green Lantern: The Animated Series
6 Likes

Doom Patrol

3 Likes

Thanks for the list! I have definitely been meaning to watch the Dark Knight trilogy again and while I have seen most of the newer movies I haven’t watched Birds of Prey yet. Also, it seems like there is a lot animated movies to binge but watching Teen Titans and Teen Titans: Trouble in Tokyo should bring back some nostalgia.

3 Likes

Stargirl, Justice League Unlimited, Stargirl, Batman the Animated Series, Stargirl, Superman the Animated Series, Stargirl, Superfriends, Stargirl, The Losers, Stargirl, and Stargirl.

2 Likes

I like a lot of the shows people have already mentioned for sure! Especially Peacemaker and Superman and Lois.

I really liked Locked Down with Anne Hathaway and Chiwetel Ejiofer, for non-superhero stuff. The 2014 Godzilla is pretty solid, though I was not impressed with any of the other films in that series.

3 Likes

You forgot Stargirl.

3 Likes

Oh of course, Stargirl.

5 Likes
  1. Westworld
  2. The Animatrix
  3. Reservoir Dogs
  4. Daybreakers
  5. From Dusk Till Dawn
  6. Batman Gotham Knight
  7. George Carlin’s American Dream
  8. True Detective
  9. Justice League Gods and Monsters
  10. The World’s End
  11. Todd McFarlane’s Spawn
2 Likes

Since you mention Doom Patrol and Peacemaker, I’ll recommend similar stuff:

The Batman (the movie, not the animated series, but hey give it a try if you want)
Batman: Brave & The Bold
Constantine: City of Demons
Harley Quinn
Justice League: Gods & Monsters
Justice Society: World War II
The Losers
The Suicide Squad (prequel to Peacemaker)
Superman & Lois
Titans (it has sort of the backdoor pilot for Doom Patrol)
V For Vendetta
Watchmen

2 Likes

No Titans?

1 Like

One thing I’d like to heartily recommend is Batman: The Audio Adventures, a delightful and well-developed audio only series about life (and death) in Gotham City.

2 Likes

It isn’t close to the comic, but DMZ is worth a look and I enjoyed Constantine: The House of Mystery

In non DC stuff. A Quentin Tarantino fan would enjoy Jett. A Sherlock Holmes fan would enjoy Miss Sherlock. Lovecraft Country was great, pity it only got 1 season.

2 Likes

I recommend Titians, Batman The Animated Series, Justice League and Justice League the Animated Series, Batman Beyond, The Tim Burton’s Batman movies, Star Girl, and Doom Patrol.

1 Like

But…they were all much better than Godzilla. I mean, the sequel to “Hey, Godzilla’s on-screen! Nope, not really. Made you look!” has Ghidorah, man, Ghidorah!

…and the guy that played Eric in Billy Madison says “Godzilla!” in Godzilla: King of the Monsters, when Godzilla shows up to kick some ass in the name of humanity.

Best Spawn adaptation yet, and…the best Image adaptation, overall.

1 Like

Yeah, but the human characters are so badly written in the sequels. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:joy: Dude, come on! Who watches Godzilla movies for the humans?

That’s like watching…“National Geographic specials” for the narration, when all you really want is to watch the animals in their native habitats.

1 Like

Me! I don’t care about monsters by themselves - I need human dramz!

3 Likes

Full House, Family Matters are great comedy shows to watch. But if you want DC shows, I highly recommend Stargirl, Batman The Animated Series and Superman The Animated Series.
And there’s tons of great movies to watch on there as well. :smiley:

1 Like

@Vroom really got a great list. :grinning:

2 Likes