Recommended Shows and Movies for HBO Max

I’m watching Stargirl right now, Watching 2 episodes per day as a count down to the new season. :smiley:
.:00_stargirl:

2 Likes

Pah! The real world has enough human drama in it. Gimme kaiju whoopin’ other kaiju any day! :nerd_face:

2 Likes

One half the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other, as Emma Woodhouse always says. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I can understand both just fine, but c’mon…kaiju v. kaiju is awesome. :nerd_face:

So too are giant robots, and with that in mind, another HBO Max recommendation of mine is Batman Unlimited: Mechs vs. Mutants.

It has giant robots and giant monsters duking it out. What’s not to love? :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

giant monsters AND robots just aren’t my thing. see also, I was very disappointed when I watched Pacific Rim (ducks for the inevitable rotten tomatoes and devilled eggs being thrown my way) (actually, thrown more of those eggs)

2 Likes

The world would be a more depressing place without giant robots and kaiju! Godzilla and Giant Robo forever!

2 Likes

Er…don’t you mean it would be a less destroyed place without giant robots and monsters? :wink:

2 Likes

True, it would be a less destroyed place!

2 Likes

Non- DC:
Game of Thrones
True Blood
Hard Knocks

1 Like

I hope you don’t mean all of GoT

1 Like

I just started watching Barry and I’m really enjoying it.

1 Like

Live-action movies:

The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises

The Batman

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (pretty controversial, yet I personally loved it, up to you, ofc)
Zack Snyder’s Justice League
The Suicide Squad (The 2nd Suicide Squad)
Aquaman

Animated movies:

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox

Justice League War
Batman vs. Robin
Justice League Dark
Batman: Hush
Constantine: City of Demons
Justice League Dark: Apokolips War

Batman: The Long Halloween Part 1 and 2

Live-action shows:

Peacemaker

Animated shows:

Batman: TAS
Justice League

Young Justice

Harley Quinn

1 Like

@SportsGuy8

I just got HBO Max today and I was wondering if you guys had any good recommendations for DC movies/series to watch or any other movie/series on the platform?

I guess I can’t exactly recommend it because it was just announced today, but this looks really cool…

Cleopatra

Warner Bros. Television has optioned Coco Mellors’ debut novel “Cleopatra and Frankenstein” to develop as a series, Variety has learned exclusively from sources.

Mellors is onboard to adapt her book for the screen with Maggie Kiley attached to direct and executive produce via her overall deal with WBTV.

WBTV declined to comment.

In the book, twenty-four-year-old British painter Cleo has escaped from England to New York and is still finding her place in the sleepless city when, a few months before her student visa ends, she meets Frank. Twenty years older and a self-made success, Frank’s life is full of all the excesses Cleo’s lacks. He offers her the chance to be happy, the freedom to paint, and the opportunity to apply for a green card. But their impulsive marriage irreversibly changes both their lives, and the lives of those close to them, in ways they never could’ve predicted.

Sounds cool.

So yeah, in about a year or so from now, I recommend Cleopatra and Frankenstein. :smiling_face:

In the meantime, yeah, watch “Hot D” – I believe George R.R. Martin coined it, and I guess that’s what the cool kids are calling House of the Dragon. :smiling_face:

Catch up now…

And get ready for what’s to come…

It’s pretty, pretty, cool.

Theatrical or extended?

1 Like

I honestly think they’re both controversial.

1 Like

fair point, the extended helped it make more sense, but I still thought it had too many plots

1 Like

That actually didn’t bother me, but I understand what u mean though.

1 Like