Reading List for 2021

Since DC Universe is becoming DC Universe Infinite and with New Year’s Resolutions on my mind as we get ready to flush the old and celebrate the new here’s my reading list for 2021:

• Heroes in Crisis
  • DCeased
  • Year of the Villain
  • Dark Nights: Metal
  • Dark Nights: Death Metal
  • The Killing Joke
  • Three Jokers
  • Joker War
  • Batman/The Flash: The Button
  • Swamp Thing (Alan Moore)
  • Doomsday Clock
  • Future State
  • Endless Winter
  • Infinite Frontier

I know I have to wait until July for the final three to begin populating on here but I still have my quest to read the entirety of The New 52 to keep me busy between now and then. What’s on your reading list for 2021?

10 Likes

My plan is to finish
Batman: Shadow of the Bat
Batman: No Mans Land
Batman: Curse of the White Knight
Birds of Prey Vol 1
Martian Manhunter Vol 3
Young Justice Vol 1
Teen Titans Vol 3

8 Likes

Hawkman

More Hawkman

Even more Hawkman

Yet More Hawkman

No Such thing as Too much Hawkman

Infinite Frontier

8 Likes

Besides the new stuff I plant to read
Blackest Night (Finally)
Some of the other Crisises besides the two I read (COIE & Metal)
No Mans Land
Finish my Rebirth binge
Besides that not sure.

6 Likes

Phenomenal post/reply!

HAWKMAN!!!

7 Likes

I think I am going to read A Crisis On Infinite Earth’s, Infinite Crisis, and Final Crisis. Those are my big projects/plans. I also NEED to finish No Man’s Land. Justice League International is also on the top of my list. Horror books will take a priority, maybe even more than they already have this year.

Outside of DC, I will finally finish Witchblade. A series I have been reading off and on over this year since Humble Bundle had sold every issue. I am also excited to see what is coming from AWA. I only read the collected editions but I have been surprisingly happy with every title that I have read.

The biggest thing on my reading list is to get through my ever growing stacks of collected editions.

5 Likes

My list include everything I can read before it’s too late.

7 Likes

The new stuff plus
Lois Lane
Finish my Swamp Thing Mega Marathon (every Swamp Thing issue since ‘72)
Promethea
Hellblazer
Kirby’s New Gods

7 Likes

(Don’t try to read Year of the Villain (outside of maybe the main story in JL)) It is maybe the worst event I’ve ever read in that it made continuity confusing and made me give up. On top of that, most of the “tie ins” are really weird and useless.

5 Likes

For my own personal list,

I’m rereading most of the August 2020- December 2020 stuff that is important for infinite frontier and I am reading Future State and then maybe reading all of infinite frontier. I can do 5 books a week which is the current number of Infinite Frontier books coming out right now.

5 Likes

3 Jokers
Detective Comics
Action Comics
Batman
Superman
The Batman Adventures
Hopefully DCUI will add Real Facts comics, I really would love to read that.
And any comics that looks interesting to read.
:slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Great topic!

My list:
House of Secrets (1956 -1978)
House of Mystery (1951-1983)
New Teen Titans (1980-1988)
Wonder Woman: Gods and Mortals (1986)

7 Likes

I have insider info that House of Horror will be reading House of Secrets in the very near future and we have also been reading House of Mystery (2008) along with random issues from the original run of the series.

6 Likes

my reading list :
Every single issue that comes out in 2021

also finish my reading list of
-green lantern season two
-batgirl (2000)
-batman and the outsiders
-shadow of the batgirl
-Batwoman/Supergirl: World’s Finest Giant
-pennyworth rip
-batman : zero year
-event leviathan
-green lantern : legacy
-sword of sorcery 2012
-Tales from the Dark Multiverse
-birds of prey (1999)
-batgirl (2011)
-batgirl (2016)
-gotham city garage
-harleen
-last rites
-nightwing : brothers in blood
-the lazarus contract
-outsiders 2003
-batman/superman
-gotham general
-titans hunt
-countdown : arena
-superman doomed
-batman overdrive
-batman universe
-dc : solo
-thrillkiller
-justice
-arkhamaniacs
-edge of oblivion
-seven soldiers
-titans 2016
-justice league odyssey

ok this is about half my actual list its just really long, ill probably end up reading even more

6 Likes

Every single issues that comes out in 2021, eh? I like it! Will you be purchasing them or waiting six months to start reading them here on DC Universe Infinite? I plan on doing the latter, by the way - maybe not EVERY book but most of them. I love the idea of reading as much DC content as my eyes and brain can absorb for just $6.25 a month. Heck, I paid more than that to get ‘Dark Nights: Death Metal - The Last 52: War of the Multiverses’!

4 Likes

I’ll start by reading the rest of my list, will buy the ones i really want like red hood, for the others ill wait the six months. My goal isnt to read them all IN 2021 but to read everything published this year, partly because I like big goals like that, partly to force myself to read stuff i wouldnt normally give a try (ive never read any justice league, action comics, superman)

4 Likes

Sounds like me - I’m hoping to read everything that DC publishes this year as well but I’ll start in July when they start arriving here. I’m also in the process of trying to read through the entire New 52 which is an undertaking but, like you, I love the big goals and that project has made me read books I never would have picked up otherwise. I’ve gotten to know characters I never knew existed and some, like O.M.A.C, Blue Beetle, Bunker and Voodoo, have become new favorites.

3 Likes

Bryan Hitch made Hawkman the ultimate flyboy.

6 Likes

I am reading from the past. My goal is to get to 1960. I am in 1941 right now.

4 Likes

I was only reading Flash and Justice League in the late 90s - current. I had picked up Batman titles here and there but everything tied into the multiple titles. I will end up reading No Man’s Land and Bruce Wayne: Murderer. This month I want to finish The Outsiders (1985) and read my Fantastic Four Epic Collection volume 3 whenever that arrives. I’ll continue to try staying with the JSA book club.

3 Likes