Reading Comics? Spot a Batmobile? Post It Here!

As that feller said in Batman Begins:

“Nice ride.”

4 Likes

Adventures of Superman (1987-2006) #560.

4 Likes

And a bonus newspaper article written by Lois Lane about @biff_pow from the same issue.

3 Likes

Vroom, me, and the Batmobile have worked together!!

4 Likes

I’m dying to know!
I have this T-Shirt, maybe you’all have seen it around.
Is this a real Kanji Advertisement for a poster, comic, or some such merch? Or is it just an attempt at making an obscure Fashion Statement?
Screenshot 2020-06-04 at 1.06.21 AM

5 Likes

i assume the kanji just says “batmobile” because i recognize it from stuff like this

if i had to guess, i’d guess it’s not a real ad, because based on everything i’ve seen, batmania didn’t hit japan until the '60s, and i can’t imagine an american ad would have japanese on it, and i can’t imagine a japanese ad would price anything in cents!

6 Likes

I have to agree, It was a gift, and although I do think it’s cool, I’ve always doubted it’s realism.
The tshirt I mean is cool, to me at least.

4 Likes

oh for sure, i don’t think that detracts from its coolness one bit! i’d have been curious too, though.

4 Likes

I think the Kanji translation is “Batman” or so google says …

4 Likes

that’s good to know!

also i found this, if you’re interested in this kind of stuff! (you don’t need an account to look at the pics)

5 Likes

Awesome Man, Thank You! I’m very much into!

Summary

I LOVE me some Japaneses Tin. It lead into a nice collection of the seeds of Transformers!

I don’t want to draw the subject off Batmobiles (Which you have just added to My “Japaneses Tin: Must Have” List! But did you know that the large amount of Tin Toys that came from Japan at that time was do to a need to repurposed any material they had access to and the abundance of Tin Cans left from Rations, coupled with spring action. They toy’s were marketed to an American audience, but because they were forced to be labeled “Occupied Japan” to be sold in the states, not to mention the use of Plastics at the time vs. the Tin the Japanese were using, made the Toy’s seem Deceptively cheap and were sold in 5 and 10’s. That’s the reason I thought the Batmobile Ad may have been legit. High Quality, Spring Action Tin Toys seemed cheap to American Buyers, despite the HIGH QUALITY and were, in fact, sold in the 50’s for 10 cents for real! I still cant find any reference of that ad tho.

Thanks !

6 Likes

no, i love toys and toy history, and i didn’t know any of that! :+1:

6 Likes

It’s the Tumbler. Maybe cause he asks if it comes in black you can call it the Bat Tumbler, but even when it break’s down into the bike, it’s not the Batcycle. It’s an exclusive higb priced gadget, but all the vehicles with “Bat-” names all had distinguish Batman Flare. The Batboat, Batplane, in all media but the super early red Roadster and Nolan’s movies. It does make the explanation of how he comes by it more feasible then a custom made turbine powered car. Batmobile in a the sense that it’s his whip but not in an extension of himself the way others have been.

4 Likes

Doom Patrol #14 (2004-)

7 Likes

I’ve always really dig this one, the lines are super interesting. Has sorta an American Muscle feel…IMO

4 Likes

maybe we need a thread to document robotmobutts because this is a model i’ve never seen before

0a0d26a09b7d6aa953393ffa4302b473901084b5

4 Likes

Flipping cool. This has got such a Bruce Wayne, Engineer feel. No special RandD make up. Just Bruce in the cave with a greasy t-shirt and torque wrench. Building and maintaining it. Great without color yet. Get to really see the “specs”

4 Likes

So I’m fuzzy on the whole story, but a Fanboy Doctor had this '73 Opel Customized throughout for the children at his hospital. When Sony saw what was done, apparently they added a Slew of electronics that were top of the line at the time. Cool custom job on all accounts.

6 Likes

that’s awesome! never seen it before

5 Likes

As long as posting owner custom jobs is cool, I’ll try to keep them coming. I “know a guy” :wink:

5 Likes