Reading Comics? Spot a Batmobile? Post It Here!

Become an Official* Batmobile Spotter! Contribute to an archive of Batman’s iconic cars by screencapping any you find in comics and posting them here.

Now, I SAY “any,” but we don’t necessarily need three hundred pictures of, for example, the Jim Aparo Batmobile that he drove for like fifteen years. Use your personal discretion as to whether your sighting belongs in the archive!

I’ve also included an extremely high quality, professionally designed graphic CERTIFYING your membership in this exclusive club. Print and frame it for your office wall! Carry a copy in your wallet for emergencies! Get it tattooed on your body! Adopt it as your family crest! No one will ever doubt your status as an Official* Batmobile Spotter when you have THIS baby around!

*not actually official

28 Likes

This Batmobile appeared in The Batman Who Laughs #4, drawn by Jock.

6 Likes

I’ve absolutely no interest in tattoos, but I’ll get this one and in a prominent spot too :wink:

6 Likes

I apologize for creating such an irresistible design.

7 Likes

Hey, don’t apologize. When perfection strikes oneself, it must be embraced good sir.

Is that tat available in a rub-on model?

6 Likes

Sir, membership in this organization is forever.

6 Likes

Are there monthly meetings at Denny’s?

4 Likes

Goodness gracious, that Sean Gordon Murphy boy can draw a Batmobile

From Batman Back and White #1 (2013)

10 Likes

George Barris-ish Batmobile from Batman: the Jiro Kuwata Batmanga #2

9 Likes

This one from JLA #50 looks like Batso just glued fins on a Corvette. There are five credited artists on the issue, so I don’t know who did it!

4 Likes

I’m so disappointed in myself that the arm in the tattoo doesn’t have the tattoo. I wake up in a sweat.

3 Likes

I spotted this Batmobile while reading for this week’s DCU Book Club.

Birds of Prey (1998-) issue #62

7 Likes

Thank you, Official Batmobile Spotter JLWWSM! It looks like the Keatonmobile when it was a baby!

3 Likes

If you squint hard you can sort of make out the batmobile here

7 Likes

This is from Trinity (2016) #16 and it looks like a bug. I don’t know how I feel about it, especially since it’s so hard to see with GABBY BATMAN talking over it

4 Likes

Thank you, Official Batmobile Spotter Don-El. I’m assuming Skyboy failed his audition.

2 Likes

Sky Boy speaks, “Thanks for believing in me, Bif_pow, it’s very empowering and liberating (not, LOL). You’ll be sad to know that after the 7 pages of unforgettable storyline, I got my memory back and everything turned out A-okay!!! Bye bye!!”

Note that everybody was into the bubble top craze that year, not just the Batmobile designer!!!

2 Likes

I can’t blame them! I’m a bubble maniac myself!

4 Likes

The Dark Knight Strikes Again #2! Kind of a confused design. Art deco body, but awkwardly shaped fins and wings.

5 Likes

Now where oh where in the distant decades past of my youth have I beheld something similarly-designed?.?

5 Likes