READ SOME COMICS!!!

To everyone whining and moaning and complaining that this service is not worth the money because Swamp Thing got cancelled, read some comic books.

A single issue of a comic runs you around 3 bucks. A trade paperback runs you around 15 to 20. You get access to almost everything DC has ever published for the price of 2 single issue comics per month. That is an incredible value even if there was no video streaming at all.

18 Likes

Where are you getting new comics for only 3 bucks???

6 Likes

Store gives me a discount for having my subscriptions there. It goes back up to 4 with me paying them to bag and board for me.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve read enough that Iā€™ve figured they cost less than a dime a piece. Also, if thereā€™s a character, genre, style, writer, artist you like youā€™ll probably find them here. Let me recommend Top Ten, a police unit in a world where everyone has powers.

3 Likes

I am in agreement with jasoncromer1980. Considering all the other stuff that comes with this sightā€¦ Massive comics library, the opportunity to see some of the animated shows and movies that are on here, AND a great online Communityā€¦
THIS SITE IS A GREAT DEAL.

I recommend looking up some comics you havenā€™t read and give it a try. The opportunity to do that without paying high ā€˜price guideā€™ values, or searching for the best deal at a convention or store is something special.

READ Some of the COMICS! Thank you DC Universe for being here!

3 Likes

Drawing the line at $2.99! But really, the value is crazy. I drop $20 a week at the LCS at the least. So this app is pretty mind boggling with how many books you get

2 Likes

Hello

1 Like

Considering that this whole service revolves around comics and entertainment adapted from them, I have to agree.

3 Likes

@Misfit Starting in September, DC will be bringing the Dollar Comics line back.

Sure itā€™s reprints of key first issues (some are of a series while others are of a storyline), but cheap comics are cheap comics.

3 Likes

I have a pull list of around 65 books and Iā€™ve cut some and some limited runs have ended recently. Some are creator owned, sure, and a few from the distinguished competition, but this past week alone, nine of my 15 books were DC. Thatā€™s 36 dollars before tax, and that number is right on average for my DC books every week. Itā€™s easier for me to name what I DO NOT read from DC than what I do. So basically in two weeks time I pay for DC comics what I paid an entire YEAR of this service; given I preordered the service for launch and got 15 months for the price of 12, makes it even cheaper. And even if the majority subscribed donā€™t have as many books on their pull, it doesnā€™t take many books to exceed the monthly price of this service or what a year breaks down to. So yeah, the value of the comics library is absolutely worth the price of the servicešŸ€

4 Likes

I agree There are soo many comics on here that were on my ā€œto buyā€ list and now i can reat them all.

READ comics lol.

2 Likes

And people think I yell lol

The guidelines say ā€œAvoid all caps ya knowā€.

For anything Iā€™ve written that sounds rude, this is that x1,000 XD

1 Like

I love this app, if I read what 3 or 4 comics in a month Its already saved me money. Since I can easily binge 20 issues in a day, my whole year is paid for a couple times over. If it all came down to only the comics available, no original programming, or awesome places to chat with my new DC friends, I would still happily plop 8 bucks a month down. Really though Iā€™d pay 8 bucks a month just for unlimited Batman comics. I feel like Iā€™m stealing from DC. Stealing never felt so good.

4 Likes

20,000 plus comics is the best thing about this app. Iā€™m in comic book heaven.

4 Likes

I completely agree. The comics alone make the all worth it.

4 Likes

Not everyone is here for the comics, a lot of people subscribed for the original content/to stream movies and tv showsā€¦

1 Like

I love having comics on this service. They make the service more than worth it

4 Likes

I agree. Clam up and read! Do yourself a favor and check out the Brave and the Bold issues of Hawkman. The Kubert artwork is stunning!

3 Likes

@blue_felt_messiah: Thatā€™s certainly true but that doesnā€™t mean that some of those people who signed up because of the shows might not also be interested or could become interested in the comics. When I signed up it was for the shows not the comics, especially since the comics library at the time felt like an afterthought. But as things progressed and the comic library changed I found myself readings as much as watching things on the app.

1 Like

What if some people donā€™t like ro read comics?