[REACTIONS] Zack Snyder's Justice League SPOILERS!

I agree. It was a great line.
And of course, Superman is a beloved character to most.
As a long-time fan of the JSA, I am used to a Justice group that rarely needed Superman.

6 Likes

“I am aware your son is a star athlete and a certified genius”…

Someone’s never heard of “show, don’t tell”

4 Likes

My favorite line in this JLA was when The Batman told Alfred he was using “faith.” That has always been the real underlying concept behind The Batman, despite all of the discussion of the war on crime, rational thinking, and detective work. Those details are surface tactics and processes. The heart of legend of The Batman is the “faith” that he has that allows his compulsion to believe that just one man, without any “super-powers” at all, can make a difference. That part of the story is so essential and inspirational. It is often blown off, but that concept is at the very Heart of the idea of costumed heroes. Rationally, of course, it is “impossible,” but The Batman does the impossible, underneath all of the planning, etc., based on the Faith… that it could be done. Glad to hear this. People really need to hear this type of thinking.

7 Likes

I had no issues with the length or the content , I loved the in-depth examination of the characters and the action sequences were incredible…more Snyderverse please

7 Likes

Absolutely. Before this, I probably would have been disinterested in such a long movie. But Zack Snyder really told a great story of legends… like reading a book.

5 Likes

It was great to see an early Green Lantern too in the historical flashback. It looked like Abin Sur, but timeframe wouldn’t work. I would have loved to see GL here in this JLA, but as much as I would, it would have been too much like a Marvel movie. Hope we see GL again in the future.

6 Likes

Actually, Jim Corrigan. Superman would not have succeeded. It all depended on Flash in the end. Flash was essential and the real world saver in this JLA story. But a lot of fans wanted Superman back.

5 Likes

Justice League 2
:: In the middle of a battle scene the JL is barely hanging on when Martian Manhunter shows up ::
Martian Manhunter: Looks like now is a good time I engaged in the fight. Also, I brought along a friend of mine
Green Lantern: Hey guys, sorry I’ve been busy patrolling the rest of the sector. Let’s defend Earth !

6 Likes

Agreed @JLWWSM. The sisterhood at FULL power. It was all the things and it was everything.
:cry: :00_wonder_woman_1982: :00_wonder_woman_gold: :00_wonder_woman_stars:

12 Likes

I was about to ask you the same question, especially after this comment:

None of those statements make any sense to me. I could see someone saying that about BvS (whether I’d agree or not), but not Justice League.

5 Likes

Keep in mind that was my response after the first hour. After that I’d say it settles into “boring and incoherent”. Which is par for the Snyder course.

6 Likes

Speaking as someone who really detests Man of Steel, I really don’t think we watched the same Justice League…

5 Likes

Again, I don’t know what movie you were watching. I would get it if you were talking about some of his other films, but not this one.

4 Likes

ok first what i dislike snyder’s color palette it boring and lifeless, geography? i said this on another thing but is the place where aquaman helps out supposed to be Iceland cause a Iceland isn’t that icey it is a misnomer, b. volcanoes are a bigger problem there than glaciers, c it is not that hard to get to. batman used a gun, threatened to kill, Barry saving Iris scene was…uncomforable I don’t want to go end to it here but I hated it

things I liked, Diana conversation with the little girl, giving Cyborg and Flash more time to be fleshed out characters. they gave Silas and Victors mom more to do. possibly atom movie coming up with ryan choi? crispus allen name drop. alfred interactions with league(diana and tea) were great.
would have liked more martian manhunter
maybe teased some female leaguers cause even with Mera (who needs to be recasted) the team is looking very uneven

the music choice at least the voice ones felt odd
the movie was fun most of my issues with it are stylistic much better than first version

6 Likes

I’ll second that. I don’t like Man of Steel (and I absolutely abhor 300), but this movie doesn’t suffer in the least from the issues that I’ve had with his previous films.

4 Likes

yeah if he knew darkseid was such a threat why didn’t he help out?

4 Likes

I mean it mostly hits the same story beats as Whedon’s just with more detail on Victor and Barry (basically a half hour origin for each shoved in there), a “Galadriel narrates the end of the First Age” in slow mo in the middle of the film and some back and forth between Steppenwolf and Desaad that play out exactly the same each time.

5 Likes

desaad and steppenwolf back and forth created good bit of humour as opposed to making barry and batman the only jokes,

3 Likes

Except that now everything makes sense. The Mother Boxes, which were originally in the “don’t ask: it’s magic” category of MacGuffins, are now explained with a “translate the technobabble in a folksy way” analogy worthy of classic Star Trek. So too, Steppenwolf’s motivation is no longer a vague recitation of words amounting to “These boxes are my mommy,” but something that’s actually coherent and rational.

10 Likes

yeah I was glad the boxes are my mother and your mother(cyborg) piece was taken out

5 Likes