[REACTIONS] Superman & Lois S1 Ep 1- "Premiere" - Spoilers!

Shoot I missed the premier! Ok time to stream on CW after my C&I class lol.

7 Likes

Fantastic. In my eyes, the most balanced live action take on Superman yet. Takes from the comics, but not so much as to appeal only to the comics crowd. Nods to previous movies, without steeping it in nostalgia. Original ideas, but no so much that it alienates long time fans. There’s action, badass Superman action, and there’s vulnerability and drama. Great production values. Hoechlin and Tulloch killed it in their roles, and so did the twins. The pilot really delivered; consider me hooked.

I was worried some fans wouldn’t like the show’s take on Clark being “imperfect” (which is something I personally like), but I am glad to see the positive reactions here. Hope this marks the beginning of many seasons to come.

8 Likes

It’s a shame the theaters are closed, because that deserved a big screen. Loved it. So many edge-of-my-seat moments.

7 Likes

i keep going back and watching Clark at his mom’s bedside just to flush out my face. BOY was that a well made and acted scene.

6 Likes

Just in case anyone was wondering, or anyone cares, but the ratings came in for Superman & Lois. It was the highest rated show on CW in over 2 years. That’s good news!

6 Likes

I loved it.

4 Likes

I really enjoyed it.

I hope it can keep up the quality over the course of the season but I am really impressed so far.

4 Likes

that was visually beautiful!weird Kara wasn’t at the funeral or they didn’t mention her when they were talking abt powers manifesting since she’s the only other kryptonian? also really liking having Lois dad not be an antagonist, Eiling type figure, also what do we know about this Luthor is he from different earth?

5 Likes

I really enjoyed it. I had to get over the fact that the suit looks a little too big for him. Especially in the shoulders. Reminds me of how the Shazam suit looks from the movie. I hope they tone that down some over the course of the season.

As far as the story goes, it was a great pilot episode. I do get that “Smallville” - “Teen Drama” vibe from it. That is okay, but I want Superman and Lois to be the focus of the show, although I know that has been done over and over…

4 Likes

This was such a perfect premiere! It felt just like when I saw the Stargirl premiere. Seeing a married Clark and Lois is all I’ve ever wanted. The twins though, the way Jordan basically called his own father a freak angered me.

4 Likes

They revealed who this Luthor is in the script so they’ll probably reveal who exactly he is during the season.

4 Likes

ok cool, I just liked cryer as lex he was a good mix of crazy, genius, prideful, jerk

4 Likes

This down to earth Superman is a breath of Fresh air. This pilot was great!

5 Likes

Shows off to such a good start, really sucks you in. enjoyed the action comics recreation and that suit was awesome!!!

6 Likes

:00_superman1:uper awesome™:+1:

The opening origin monologue was great to learn of his life post crisis.

Clark saving the day. The action Comics #1 was a great Easter Egg.
Him Lois are great. His fight with “Doom Guy” :sweat_smile: was great. Ma Kent’s death was so sad. Really like seeing the old Superdad in the media. Just such a newly used take note used before.

Lois was great. The rock Clark needs. And alway getting her info with her “super smell”. Great mom too.

The kids they seem like they split Comics Jon’s personalities into two and made it the twin.
Jon at first I was like he better not be the cocky jerk. But he’s a good carving bro who like some brothers (even me with mine) brothers bashes but never means it and apologize if it gets to far. Think he may have the strength speed powers while Jordan has the energy based.
Jordan with his take at first was scared they’d do the stereotype angry angsty kid but he was great. Him getting the powers was a twist and connecting with Supes was great. Also good game taste in injustice 2 :+1:.

The Lang’s Lana seemed like the nice friend she is. The husband seemed like a jerk at first but maybe a not what it looks thing. The youngest had a fun kid talk a lot moment not much else. And the teen daughter friend connection with the Kent boys is nice. Wonder what drama will unfold.

Sam seems like he’ll be more of an issue going forward but what if the twist is he won’t​:thinking:.

And “Doom Guy” revealed to be a Luthor. Definitely think he’s a Lex from a via dead earth via crisis and blames Superman for it. Especially when I think he said you and I had many battles on my world be is was taken or lost or something like that.

As for Cryer wonder if Supes will need his help. To stop a Luthor with a Luthor :thinking:.

As for Kara not being there. Most likely COVID. The in verse excuse could simple be busy with her own battles and couldn’t make it. Or the comic thing of not all heroes show up all the time in not there comic thing.

How will Jordan’s powers grow? What about Jon if he has them? What going on with Morgan Edge? How will the Kent’s settle in? What’s Luthor’s plan?
All this and more same :00_superman1:uper Time Same :00_superman1:uper Channel

4 Likes

Made a gif of everyone’s favorite moment! (There’s probably already a better one but I couldn’t find it!)

coolcostume

4 Likes

Really liked the pilot and only dampered by the controversy surrounding the writer’s room. I felt good about this one and liked the casting and show generally. Hard not to notice the boyfriend and lex after the controversy though. Hope they figure out how to right the off screen ship equitably, because i like this take on Superman.

4 Likes

Cryer is too jokey for my taste. Hopefully this Luthor will be a more believable threat. I dropped Supergirl but he was obviously in Crisis.

4 Likes

Superman to a T. Something Snyder never allowed Cavill to be.

5 Likes

If Clark wants a Luthor’s help, then he should get it from a good one, Lena.

3 Likes