[REACTIONS] Superman & Lois S1 E5 - "The Best of Smallville" - Spoilers!

Synopsis: As Smallville celebrates its first Harvest Festival since Martha’s passing, Clark is reminded what his mother meant to him and learns a lesson that will help him move past her death. Meanwhile, Lois makes a breakthrough in the investigation of Morgan Edge. Kyle tries to reconnect with Lana, but it seems like he might be falling back into his old ways.

Are you watching Superman & Lois? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below! :superman:

HOW TO WATCH:
The first season will be 15 episodes, and air weekly on Tuesdays on The CW network at 6pm PT/8pm CT/9pm ET.

Superman & Lois is set to follow a slightly different streaming schedule to the majority of the other CW DC Comics shows. Shortly after episodes air, they will be available to watch for free with ads on CW Seed. Superman & Lois will not be available on Netflix, but it will be available on a yet-to-be-announced date after the season ends.

7 Likes

You know what time it is…image

2 Likes

Another fantastic episode. You really feel for Jonathan, here. He’s definitely a good kid, but even he has his bad days.

Perhaps the biggest surprise was Captain Luthor married his Earth’s Lois that certainly puts a wrinkle in things.

I know due to COVID, we’re not getting new episodes until May, which sucks because I want more, but then again, it will only make the show that much sweeter when it comes back.

It’ll be hard to go from this to Supergirl, but I’m hoping Supergirl’s final season is more like it’s first three rather than it’s last two.

6 Likes

Due to Covid? Were the first 5 filmed before Covid or am I missing something?

3 Likes

I like the twist that you mentioned @superby1, mostly because it sets him in less of a villain role and makes him more ambiguous. I was much more invested in his portion of the plot this episode for sure.

My single concern is that this seems like it could be going the same direction as Smallville back in the early days - the Kryptonite in the mines, metahuman teens/others in town as a result. I hope that it doesn’t become a ‘villain of the week’ sort of deal because I’ve really been enjoying the longform story format so far.

5 Likes

Hey @DanTheManOne1, this should help:

5 Likes

They nailed all the episode’s before the break!! :partying_face:
Since this has such a different energy to previous Arrowverse shows I had my worries about it stumbling but pleasantly surprised they’ve stayed strong. :muscle:

Love this version of Superman/Clark. From the early Rebirth comics I read Super-Dad was my recent favorite iteration of that character and what they’ve done with their version in the show to an even more relatable degree I think Tyler Hoechlin’s my favorite live-action Superman/Clark now.

Didn’t think I’d feel this way but by the end of the episode it all hit me. The build up of his character and when Lana’s talking about Martha there were several shots of him that gave my brain an epiphany “He looks exactly like Superman/Clark!” It was such a random thought that came to mind.

I’ve never ranked Lois’s in my head but Elizabeth Tulloch is for sure #1 for me. Such a strong character. Any Lois who is a BADASS is a great Lois I just think this family dynamic also adds layers and complexity to both her and Clark as a whole and their resiliency in trying to keep it all together is fantastic, they just feel so real. They can be stern and caring and everything else in between.
So good!!

3 Likes

I’m really liking the series. Unfortunately, I’m not responding with several lines as my response.
- I’m liking the character developments, (especially with the twins and there sacrifices). That’s what I took from this episode. The dynamics between Jordan & Jonathon.
- And ditto on the Kryptonite infected powers. More original “K” episodes and not Smallville like “K” episodes. Don’t get me wrong. I really liked all 10 seasons of Smallville, but it’s no Superman & Lois, is what I’m trying to say.

2 Likes

Bitsie hasn’t sold it for me yet, but I do have to say that their best moment so far was when they talked together after sending the boys up at the end. It’s nice to see a couple so comfortable with one another in a way that doesn’t feel scripted - I liked the fact that he just plopped down and laid his head in her lap. That was a good moment.

2 Likes

I just watched the extended cut of the episode on CW. If you haven’t done this yet, I recommend doing it.

2 Likes

When this inevitably gets a release on DVD BluRay, do you think they’ll release the extended cuts? or the broadcast cuts? Would seem silly to me not to release the extended, but I guess you never know.

3 Likes

Ironically I do consider season 9 to be the best, and it is by far the one I rewatch the most.

4 Likes

Stargirl released the extended cuts, so I would think Warner Bros does the same.

4 Likes

I think they will. Obviously, the app will have the extended cuts. I’ve heard rumors that when CW replays the episodes during their break until May, they will run the extended episodes, but I don’t believe that.

3 Likes

I like Stargirl. I watch it with my kids.

4 Likes

I watch it with dad.

3 Likes

Nice episode to send off the break.

Supes talking about the food and fest was fun. Nice battle with Derek and sad end for him. Great flashbacks too. Good ol classic CWS with those​:sweat_smile:. Nice chat with the kids. Of course he’s good cop​:sweat_smile:.

Lois getting the hunch and being bad cop with the kids. But sweet moments with her and Lois and inspiring a protégé. The mystery deepens.

John getting the rough end. All the bad caught up with him but nice for not to become completely evil but just a bad and felt bad for acting out.

Jordan getting a date. Trying to help John. And gets a friend out of it. Very nice there. Then the surprise attack. Interesting.

Luthor was with Lois. Is his earth a Cw version of Earth 3​:thinking:.

The Martha Bench was very well done. Felt really to add impact to her passing and the hood she did for Smallville.

What Larr up too? What Luthor’s next step? Can Jordan escape. Find out next time Same :00_superman1:uper Time Same :00_superman1:uper Channel.

5 Likes

I forgot about the bench. I got a little misty-eyed at that moment.

3 Likes

I think he is Alexander Luthor from E3. I thought that since episode 1.

4 Likes

Something messed up on my directv recording and their voices just sounded like 1930’s radio static. So I only got through the first 20 minutes. I’ll try to watch it on the CW app!

2 Likes