Preparing For Launch: DC Community on Mobile Devices, How To Find It And Where It Goes

AJ, first off Happy Holidays I haven’t spoken to u in forever. Secondly, more tech for thee to learn NOOOO!!! But I’m looking forward to the improvements. I can’t figure out how to make it remember me after logging in so I don’t have to repeatedly do it. If it’s not something we can work out super fast, don’t worry your beautiful cowl about it. My sis will be with me tomorrow. She’s a tech-wiz. She’ll get me squared away. Have a great holiday season I miss chatting with u…oh & I lost my background pic on my homepage. Nothing happens when I hit expand. What am I gonna do w/o Huntress, Canary & Catwoman from Bold & Brave singin to Matches Malone from “The Mask of Matches Malone” when I’m on my homepage. They’ve been comforting me since the 1st relaunch.

3 Likes

FYI… on iPad… none of the above solutions are currently working for me. Can’t do anything from any browser without getting redirected back to the app to login. Had to go back to the phone.

2 Likes

It’s been a million years!! I hope you and your lovely family are doing well and having a peaceful holiday.

The best “solution” I’ve found is, after getting to the Community, I click the little “person” icon at the top; it doesn’t necessarily keep you logged in, but at least I stay in the same place. Slowly but surely getting there- I promise we will make it capo-mage friendly :hugs:

3 Likes

PertinentInfantileHuemul-size_restricted

Sharing this info with the devs- as folks are winding down for the holidays it will be longer than we’d like, but you will see a vast improvement by the launch of DCUi on January 21st :slight_smile:

5 Likes

That animation made me chuckle. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Oh ok gotcha. I will do so. Idk u couldn’t stay logged in for good yet. Also, I know. It has been a million years. Looking forward to chatting in a capo friendly environment. I have undying faith in this platform & the mods. Let them play! Let them play!

2 Likes

Ok… @Applejack. My bop girls background is back. I know you were tossing & turning over it. So just wanted to let u know their back & singing beautifully. Matches approves too.

3 Likes

:rofl:Finally I can rest!

3 Likes

My Christmas gift to u :gift: :joy:

2 Likes

It’s funny…on the Ipad, the boards work perfectly in the app…then again the latest update hasn’t been installed on the ipad. On my phone, it opens it through Safari after the update.

Will the boards not be accessible on the app in the future and we’ll have to log in through a browser or is this just a minor hiccup?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi @superby1! Going forward, there will be a Community button in the app that will redirect you to the Community on your browser, since our new home is going to be on dccomics.com. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The problem seems to be apparent when the app directs DC Community requests to Safari on certain Apple devices. This is indeed very curious and maybe this info will be helpful to your tech weenies…umm…wizards.

On iPhone 6s with iOS 14.2, no problem with the DCU app 2.14.3 update. When opening Community in the app it redirects to community.dcuniverseinfinite.com in Safari and opens just fine.

But on iPhone XR with iOS 14.3, also running the DCU app 2.14.3 update, Community doesn’t work in Safari. After I change my default browser to Firefox, it works fine.

Based on the earlier comments there appears to be an issue with the site being opened on Safari on certain Apple devices, even without using the app. I cleaned Safari of all website data from DC related sites, and that didn’t help. FWIW the errant behavior also presented on my iPhone XR when running iOS 14.01.

1 Like

Thanks for all those details, that’s very helpful! A lot of people are out of office, right now, but we’ve made sure everyone who needs to know this, knows. If you could, could you send the details to our support team, and let them know we sent you?

2 Likes

I’m having the same issues you described with the phone, and going directly to community.dcuniverseinfinite.com doesn’t help. Any time a browser wants me to log in, I get automatically booted to the app. If I log in on the app, the browsers (FF, Chrome, Safari) don’t recognize it.

:scream: I’m unable to update my phone at this time, so I hope there’s a solution. Right now, I’m completely locked out from anything but my desktop.

2 Likes

Done. My report also mentioned comments by other users like @CynicalPink that other browsers were not necessarily helping.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that @CynicalPink. Typing this from my phone as we speak. iPad won’t work at all. Wish I had a good solution for you. Much as I love DCU, must say that this update was a disappointment. Hopefully the devs come back after the holidays energized and ready to make it all better!

2 Likes

Thanks very much!

1 Like

One of many things to hopefully look forward to in 2021!

2 Likes

In defense of DC’s in-house techies, this is definitely an odd one that appears to be device specific, even across different-gen iPhones running the same OS. This kind of variance isn’t supposed to happen on Apple hardware, but here we are.

Fun Fact: My iPhone XR’s name is “Mother Box”. When it shows up on Wi-Fi networks I’m sure reactions are divided :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

3 Likes

Makes sense. Doesn’t make it less disappointing, but I’m a forgiving guy :slightly_smiling_face:.

That‘s a cool name for your phone! I would steal the idea to rename my wifi gateway, but:

1- It’s a pain in the behind reconnecting everything in the house, and
2- I would get too many guests asking “What’s a mother box?”

2 Likes