Preparing For Launch: DC Community on Mobile Devices, How To Find It And Where It Goes

Hey RDBS,

Sorry to hear about your issues. I think you should reach out to our support team purely to confirm that your resubscription to DCU Infinite was actually received. It’s concerning that you’re still receiving reminders for it and I don’t want you to miss out due to no fault of your own!

You can get in touch with them here.

5 Likes

Thanks @Alec.Holland they got back to me already (1030 at night! How’s that for customer service!). Looks like I’m all signed up and everything is working good. I’m just not that technologically advanced.

7 Likes

I received a DCU app update on my iPhone with iOS 14 overnight. Great Scott, the DCU Community wouldn’t work!!! Fortunately I noticed that Community was trying to run in my default browser Safari.

I changed my default browser to Firefox and it works! I’m BACK BABY!

And, OMG OMG OMG I can search within a topic again! Hell Yeah!!!

5 Likes

Nice! Super happy that they got back to you in a timely fashion. That’s amazing :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing you in the DCU Infinite times!

3 Likes

Amazing! Thank you for the little workaround. I’ll be sure to recommend this in the future if we see anyone else with the same issue. Great thinking!

3 Likes

I am having a major issue on iPhone 12 Pro Max with this update. As described in the original post here, clicking on community takes me to Safari. When I try to do anything in the Community in Safari, it asks for a login. When I log in, it takes me back to the DCU app… where I click on Community again, which takes me to Safari, where it asks me to log in, which takes me back to the DCU app… rinse repeat. I can’t post or do anything from my phone on the Community.

8 Likes

Oh and for clarity… posting this from my desktop.

7 Likes

Accessing community via “community.dcuinverse.com” in Safari on iPhone seems to work. It’s how I’m posting this message now. “community.dcuniverseinfinite.com” keeps redirecting back to the DCU app for login.

6 Likes

Mine did the same thing. I even reached out to support but that didn’t work. I had to go to Community.dcuniverse.com instead of the Community.dcuniverseinfinite.com that it takes you to.

6 Likes

Hi @moro! I’m sorry to hear you’re having difficulties with the new update. Can you try changing your default browser to Firefox like mylehigh2000.28963 did and see if that helps?

3 Likes

Don’t have Firefox on my phone. Downloaded Chrome and it didn’t work. Guess I can try FF.

2 Likes

@moro and @Detective7 ,

I had the same problem on my iPhone. My suggestion:

1. Install the Firefox app
  2. Make Firefox your default browser.

I find the “Community” works better in Firefox now, than it did before the DCU app update last night.

Good luck!

4 Likes

Just tried Firefox. Same ■■■■.

Sorry Kelex… excuse my French!

3 Likes

I’m not going to try Firefox but mine just actually started to work better.

2 Likes

I’m not usually a curmudgeon… but moving the community outside the app is not my favorite move.

4 Likes

He feels your pain

6 Likes

FWIW I reverted to Safari. Still not working.

Roy: Did you try turning it off and on again?

I did. No luck.

Setting Firefox as the default browser works for me - iPhone XR, iOS 14.01.

Oddly enough DCU Community still works in-app on my iPhone 6s with iOS 14.2.

Alice: Curiouser and Curioser!

2 Likes

@moro & friends, heya! Just had a wee back/forth with the developers on this, and the issue is working towards resolution. Unfortunately with the holidays upon us, we have limited support and may not see a permanent solution until the first week or two of January.

In the meantime, the above workarounds (default browser to Firefox - thanks, @mylehigh2000.28963! - or opening Community straight from a browser rather than going through app) will be the best way to alleviate heartburn :wink:

Please pardon our dust, and know this is all for a greater experience long-term! :flexmentallo_dp:

7 Likes

Thanks @Applejack. Whatever buttons you guys pushed in the background, things seem to be… working now. If all fails, I’m finding that going straight to community.dcuniverseinfinite.com in the browser works. Sorry for the complaints. Merry Christmas :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

No apologies needed! Your alerts help us stay on top of issues :slight_smile: Merry Christmas to you and yours, too!

4 Likes