DC Collectible News

Assuming that McFarlane is pulling from STAS, this might be the Superman from the episode “Brave New Metropolis”, which would be cool.

Otherwise it would have to be the black suit from either of the two animated movies based on the Death/Return of Superman saga.

3 Likes

A Brave New Metropolis Superman would be awesome. I hope that’s what the upcoming black suit Superman is.

I’d be…okay with it being from Superman: Doomsday or Reign of the Supermen. However, DC Direct’s take on BS Superman from SD was pretty nice, and it doesn’t leave much room for improvement, even if it did come out 14 years ago.

BNM Superman OTOH, that’s something Kenner/Hasbro should have done while the show was in production. Fingers crossed that that’s what we get! :crossed_fingers:t2:

3 Likes

:laughing:

Thses figs do seem a bit wonky but I’ll still ante up for BG in this series if they make one. :+1: :0_batgirl:

6 Likes

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd :point_down:t2:

Other news…

7 Likes

At first I thought Gold Label meant something special, either Todd’s own designs or more “premium” offering. Now I understand that it just means Walmart exclusive variant.

4 Likes

pushes up Nerd glasses

Technically, “Gold Label” means a variant of Todd’s design that’s sold through Walmart. :nerd_face:

It may also unintentionally mean “empty pegs at every single Walmart I go to that carries Gold Label figures”. :joy:

Yeah, that Reverse Flash (Walmart’s wording, not mine) peg and sticker is nice, but how about product on that peg, Walmart? Hmm? Eh? Ah.

BTW @moro, diggn’ your new avatar. :+1:t2:

4 Likes

Thanks. Been back to playing the game lately. Figured a change is nice :slightly_smiling_face:.

4 Likes

Indeed. The purple pops nicely.

4 Likes

New prints from Tom Whalen (Green Lantern) and Patrick Connan (Batman) viaBottleneck Gallery.
Tom Whalen does a lot of comic and 80’s pop culture work and this GL works specifically with a recent Wonder Woman and older Batman series.
For anyone new to the print game, these often sell out very very very quickly so if you’re interested sit on the site and hit refresh with your payment info handy. Also, getting something in your cart does not guarantee it will still be there when you hit the final click so shop fast and prioritize. These edition sizes seem especially small for some reason.
BATMAN: YEAR ONE by Patrick Connan & GREEN LANTERN by Tom Whalen - On - Bottleneck Art Gallery

5 Likes

Still gotta get the hooded version, have no idea why they’d exclusively put it in Walgreens

5 Likes

Speaking of Walgreens, I’m thinking their future as an outlet for toys might not be too great.

Toy hunting videos of late show them as being barebones (as in empty shelves, regardless of the line).

Also, there hasn’t been news about upcoming Walgreens exclusives, especially from Hasbro’s recent reveals. They seemed like this :crossed_fingers:t2: with Walgreens for a while, but now? :man_shrugging:

I wouldn’t be surprised if companies are re-thinking Walgreens and exclusives with them. They don’t ever get full cases of any one product in store, as the cases are split up in the warehouses, with product then being dispersed willy nilly to wherever they think it will perform best.

But, who knows? Maybe they’re just on a dry spell right now.

As for Red Hood, he’s shown up at Target from time to time, from what I’ve seen in toy hunting videos. His exclusivity with Walgreens must have been for only a short window.

4 Likes

I want this. Just can’t do $1,300… and don’t have the space for it.

More pictures at the link below.

Also, another McFarlane Batman variant:

…and a McFarlane Azrael variant

8 Likes

:eyes: :purple_heart: WANT.

6 Likes

Agree :100: . The Heavy Metal Batman is neat, but that Azrael? chef’s kiss He definitely reminds me of the Michael Lane Azrael.

5 Likes

IKR? Snazzy!

6 Likes

Maybe he’ll be the Gold Label figure Walmart can keep in stock, in store for a change. :laughing:

4 Likes

Yeah, I’m not sure about Walgreens throughout the US but where I’m from they don’t have any toy/collectible presence. Then again I’ve only ever gone to Walgreens for either prescriptions or convenience store items so maybe I just haven’t given them a fair shot.

4 Likes

I haven’t been in a Walgreens in a few months, but when last I was, they had a decent mish-mash of assorted figures from different lines, along with Pops and Hot Wheels, among miscellaneous swag.

I get why companies lined up to do biz with Walgreens, on account of how many stores they have, potential market reach and what have you, but the fact that its so hit and miss as to what each store gets/doesn’t get, turns off not only collectors, but the manufacturers as well.

That said, Mattel’s Walgreens Multiverse exclusives were easy to find. So Walgreens had that going for them. Which is nice.

5 Likes

Hal Jordan & Dawnbreaker 2 pack up for pre-order on Amazon.

https://toynewsi.com/14-39246

9 Likes

Do we know if Hal is going to be released as a stand-alone figure? I’ve already got a Dawnbreaker and don’t really want to double up.

5 Likes