DC Collectible News

oh wow, that is a surprise that they went with the dress. i like the look, but wasn’t expecting it! this’ll be the first full wave i get. i hope Bloodsport comes with an Idris head, and it’s too bad the days of vacumetal or whatever (chrome) ended before Peacemaker’s helmet got it.

4 Likes

Woah… unconfirmed, but that’s a lot of potential new figures from McFarlane.

5 Likes

oh nooooo he’s gonna start making figures i want

6 Likes

I’d definitely be curious about power suit Lex, Lobo, Superboy Prime, and Reverse Flash.

6 Likes

the inclusion of BoP Harley and the animated figures makes me a little skeptical about the validity of the list, though. i was under the impression DCAU figures were their weakest sellers, and it’s hard to believe they’d delay Harley for a year+ after the movie.

5 Likes

That’s the somewhat random nature of McFarlane’s releases.

I question the validity as well. I mean, when you look at all the rumored figures so far, he’s gonna be flooding the market with ‘em if they’re all due this year.

4 Likes

Pretty common practice for figures to show up way after a movie’s been released, but usually that’s the case for the “premium” offerings like Mezco & Hot Toys.

3 Likes

it was scheduled for release early last year, and i recall that someone with McFarlane said on Facebook that it had been canceled (presumably due to the movie’s underperformance). i had been looking forward to getting it!

3 Likes

just a heads-up for collectors, Google Shopping is hosting a bogus scam seller

Screenshot_2021-06-04_13-47-08

called Marinia on Google, and Mana Target if you click through. evidently they’re just stealing people’s credit card numbers.

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up.

The things people do :man_facepalming:.

3 Likes

A Jason Fabok Batman would be very hard to pass up.
I know Harley is queen at DC but do people really love the look of BoP so much that they need a version from every manufacturer? Price point is of course a factor and it gives people budget options but still. Personally, I find the Harley makeup and costumes flat out ugly. (No dig on Margot Robbie, just the production design).

6 Likes

I like her look with the pink/blue hair and black/red costume. Rebirth or even the current one, which I believe is a variation of Rebirth. Her Injustice 2 look is pretty close to that. If McFarlane makes a Harley figure along those lines, I’d probably go for it.

Agree with you, didn’t like the Birds of Prey costumes so much, for any of the characters really.

1 Like

:drooling_face:

Me…wantee.

looks at promo photo again

Oh, yeah. :drooling_face:

2 Likes
  • I would :heart: Fabok-style figures, especially from The Darkseid War.

• I only have one BOP-based Harley and its the Pop of her in her gold overalls. The fact that McFarlane cancelled their figure of her in that outfit didn’t bother me at all.

I dug BOP fine for what it was, but if McFarlane should do a BOP Harley at some point, I’d sooner see her in the caution tape jacket digs. The Marilyn Monroe-style outfit would be cool too, especially since I don’t believe anyone has made a figure of her in that outfit yet.

2 Likes

says they’re 6", but they’re articulated like 3". those hips! they look like they could be mockups, but still, pretty disappointing.

edit no torso joints! welcome to the '90s, Todd!

5 Likes

So, what’s wrong with the hips?

I get that the articulation is limited, but to me that is part of the appeal. McFarlane’s sculpts are so nice & detailed, sometimes I wish the joints didn’t break up the look. I guess it’s one of the reasons I like Mezco One:12 figures so much, and older DC Direct pieces. Also, since these are based on an old series, I feel like the retro design goes along nicely.

I talk too much.

5 Likes

As much as I’d like to see some more articulation on these figures, I gotta hand it to McFarlane. That Batman face sculpt looks great! The Batmobile also looks pretty good. Hopefully these figures will come with some nice cloth capes so you can stick them in the car without too much of a hassle.

5 Likes

i wouldn’t mind the articulation on 3 3/4" figures, it just looks weird to me on 6". and 1/18 scale would feel more appropriately retro to me; not many old lines were in 1/12! and 1/12 for a line of vehicles and playsets? none of it makes sense to me! i’m freakin out!

3 Likes

Stay whelmed, young padawan… wait I’m mixing ■■■■ together. How do we unfreak you out?

Folks go gaga over Mego, which are way more retro looking than these. I guess they don’t break some unwritten rules?

Anywho, I see no issue with doing something a little different, as long as it looks good and displays nice :slightly_smiling_face:.

3 Likes

I saw on YouTube this morning that the following are coming from McFarlane:

• Three Jokers figures (Batman, Batgirl, Red Hood and Joker x3: classic, ADITF and The Killing Joke)
  • Swamp Thing in the Mega assortment (along with a variant of some kind)
  • Infinite Crisis Superboy Prime
  • Reverse Flash
  • LOBO :partying_face: :batparrot:
  • Power Suit Lex Luthor
  • a BOP Harley of some kind (no idea if its the previously cancelled figure or something new)
  • animated Flash (likely Justice League, but it would be neat if it was from STAS, as Kenner never released their Flash for that line)
  • animated black suit Superman (no idea which animated production this is from)
  • a Speed Force Snyder Cut Flash for a NYCC exclusive
  • Mortal Kombat 11 Joker (for the Mortal Kombat line)

I think that’s everything that was listed. Between Swamp Thing, Superman villains, the animated stuff, another SC Flash, LOBO, a BOP Harls, Three Jokers (hopefully modeled after Fabok’s art) and the Adam West line, McFarlane’s knocking it out of the park with upcoming releases.

patiently waits for Lobo pictures to surface

He’s gonna be a badass bastich, I bet!

4 Likes