Polls, Polls, Polls!

brief, interesting fact…about me!

my dad was basically hank hill. looked almost identical. texan. had no idea what to do with his son.

6 Likes

He sure sounds like Butthead.

I wonder why…:thinking:

1 Like

I got nuthin’. Sympathy, perhaps?

2 Likes

I went on my 3rd bike ride yesterday evening. I took a similar route to my 1st ride, which is a blast going down hill, but rather a chore to get back up again. I managed to get some better pictures this time, of the section of the Cascade Mountain Range that passes through my part of North America.

I am just showing 1 this time though, unless @biff_pow wants to see the rest, since this is his thread and I have plastered it with several posts that I am not sure he liked all that much.

The picture above shows Mt Pilchuck to the left, a mountain I have climbed to the top of. There is an observation cabin up there with a guest book even. The Forest Service used to use it for spotting forest fires.

The spot I am pointing out here though, is the top of Glacier Peak, which is actually a volcano, the nearest one to where I live. I took a shot of an even bigger volcano in this set too, from a different spot, of Mt Baker, up near the Canadian border. I do not have a view of Mt Rainer from this area, but it is down south of Seattle, and from some hills, can be seen from this area.

Washington State has 5 volcanoes, and I have seen them all, and lived near to four of them, at one time or another.

Anyway, this part of the planet, where I live, is beautiful, but it does have its hazards. Not only could one or more volcanoes go off, and has gone off in my lifetime (a few times), but we are also in a severe earthquake zone. The mega quakes only happen ever several hundred years, but we are actually overdue for one of those right now.

So it goes.

MACJR

6 Likes

You’re on the mountain peak???

4 Likes

No, just see it from where I was at that moment. :wink:

MACJR

5 Likes

do i seem like a strict topic-minder? :laughing: post all you like! if it gets randy, though,

hank

7 Likes

You will be phased down

7 Likes

Could you please invite Boomhauer over?

5 Likes

I do live on a hill though, and in some states, the hill I live on might seem tall enough to be a mountain. :wink:

MACJR

5 Likes

i think i’m the boomhauer. verbally.

4 Likes

Well, Boomhauer was the best thing about King of the Hill, so that works.

Do you speak quickly like 'hauer does?

3 Likes

I’m so tired!!!

why is everyone are 98% of the people in this thread from all the way out west?

10 Likes

or if you were being less kind, you could say i mumble incoherently

4 Likes

You are as linguistically eloquent as Rex Harrison’s character in My Fair Lady.

2 Likes

so we can be closer to our families!

5 Likes

20200623_193840_rsc

Mt Baker, a the second tallest volcano in WA State. It blows off steam every rarely now and then, but has not erupted in my lifetime. I have been up to park on the side of the mountain up there, where you can look deep into Canada. It was a cool visit.

You can see this volcano, I discovered yesterday, from that low spot in my neighborhood, where the house sunk into, or fell into, a ravine. Last time, I saw that there was a mountain up there, but I could not see the details, and probably mistook it for a different mountain. This time, I could see it with enough detail to recognize it as Mt Baker.

Sorry for the picture quality, I adjusted it to bring the mountain out more, at the price of lowering the quality for the rest of the picture.

MACJR

4 Likes

that’s silly. move closer so i can steal your caffeine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

AND…closer to DCU!

5 Likes

That horizon is gorgeous!

I’d show y’all pictures of my neighborhood, but it’s mostly old italian grandpoppies wandering shirtless around their yards.

5 Likes