Polls, Polls, Polls: DC Edition Part 2!

Very sorry for your loss @RexRebel.

8 Likes

:smiley: :grin:

8 Likes

I’m sorry, @RexRebel. She sounds like she was a great lady.

7 Likes

Hey man I’m sorry. She sounds like a great aunt. I wish that I had a good relationship with my aunts. That’s a pretty cool comic you got though.

7 Likes

Kryptonian? Yes. :superman_hv_4: Skinny? No! :joy:

gently slaps his li’l belly for comedic emphasis

By no means am I fat (very far from it), but I’m no beanpole, either. I’d say I’m…“reasonably husky in a gentlemanly manner”.

One could also call me “muscularly beefy” as I’ve a football player’s build, and weigh well over 200+ pounds (245, when last I checked, some time back), while being 6’ 3" in height.

Once I burn off my belly excess and build up my chest and arms, I’mma try out for the NFL*! :partying_face:

*“NFL” in this case being “Nerd Federation League”. :grin:

9 Likes

Sorry for your loss.

10 Likes

When in the DCUI community, do you do other DC-related things at the time, such as read comics, watch DC movies/TV shows, play DC video games, etc., or do you only focus on the community?

• A little bit of everything, as I like to mix it up. Sometimes I’ll read, others I’ll watch a movie or a TV show. Whatever floats my DC boat!
  • Community-only. I’m in The Zone!

0 voters

8 Likes
Which 1970s Captain Marvel?
  • Jackson Bostwick
  • John Davey

0 voters

7 Likes

Jackson Bostwick. Can’t beat a guy whose full name is two last names. :00_shazam:

10 Likes

What about me with my 2 first names.

7 Likes

What Bat and Man

7 Likes

From a Scale of 1-10 how Excited are you for Stargirl Season 3?

0 voters

8 Likes

8/10

9 Likes

You are giving it an infinity!!!I!!!I!!!I!!!

9 Likes

I’m finishing up Forever Evil and late in issue #7, Luthor calls out Stargirl by name. I wonder how many characters could we recognize on sight. Going to make it hard and include Wildstorm, Milestone, and all the other DC imprints.

How many DC characters, good or bad, can you recognize on sight?
  • All of them
  • Most of them
  • Some of them
  • Enough
  • A handful
  • None, I’m a Marvel fan

0 voters

11 Likes

Why would Lex not recognize Star on sight?

8 Likes

I may be wrong, but Stargirl seems to be underneath Lex’s radar. She isn’t someone who could thwart his plans.

As big a fan of milestone and Wildstorm that I am, I can’t name every character.

10 Likes

This is great!!!

7 Likes

Thank you. It really does take a while writing all those numbers down.

7 Likes

Lex has a terrible matchup against Stargirl. Many of Lex’s plans involve making robot suits and robots, and Star can just shut them down making them powerless.

In addition Lex loves his beam attacks, and Star can absorb those making his offenses do nothing but supercharge her.
To make it worse for Lex he loves weaponizing red sun radiation to weaken Clark, but as established in Virtue and Vice Star has a way stronger battery than Clark making all attempts to do this to her useless, and she can instantaneously safely recharge Clark meaning she again can make all his work useless. To make it worse for Lex as established in Supergirl #1, she can also supercharge Kryptonians, but this has never been used since.

Lex cares deeply about his image, and a president(ial candidate) attacking a cute star-spangled kid that everybody loves is awful for his image.

Lex hates when somebody else is more popular than him. As stated in Justice League of America #1 Amanda Waller’s tests say Stargirl is the most popular superhero on the planet, and even Waller loves her. Lex would know this, and that she is a major threat to his popularity.

One thing that terrorizes Lex is losing his mind. Stargirl can not only shut off machine systems, but also organic systems, which is what her shooting stars and cosmic blasts do to people. Her preferred method is shutting brains down, and this is how she put Brainwave in a coma. Losing like this would be a living Hell for Lex.

Stargirl is Lex’s kryptonite, so he must know her by sight.

7 Likes