Polls, Polls, Polls: DC Edition Part 2!

i would buy stuff but im kinda broke

10 Likes

Really wasn’t sure where the best place to post this, but my Aunt died today after a brief bout of cancer, and while thinking of her today, I kept remembering one particular day we shared. Many moons ago (1974, I was 9 at the time) I took a trip to Mexico with my Aunt. One day she asked me what Souvenir I would like. I told her that it would be neat to have a Mexican comic book. She then proceeded to ask everyone on the street in that tone of voice you get when speaking a foreign language, while really speaking your own language strangely , where she could find a " Coooomic Boooook", by asking that phrase repeatedly and opening her hands like opening a book. She was getting quite frustrated, as for some reason, no one understood her or at least pretended not to; and I was getting quite embarrassed, finally a nice gentlemen took pity on us and in English volunteered to take us to a store that had some. Looking back on it, one of the funniest moments of my life, we laughed about it for many years thereafter.
This is the Comic I ended up with.
She will be missed.

15 Likes

I’m so sorry @RexRebel! It sounds like she really was a great person and I’m glad you had so many great times with her!

I’m always here if you need anything.

8 Likes

Thanks, she was and had 81 great years. But I’m good, sad but remembering the good times we shared.

8 Likes

I’m so sorry @RexRebel. :pleading_face: :hugs:

8 Likes

Sorry to hear that, mate. You’ve my sympathies. :heart:

Do you still have that comic?

8 Likes

@ejdias.95910 @Vroom I always heard the humidity in Arizona is very tolerable. Wet places like the Southeast are known for the awful humidity.

8 Likes

It is tolerable. I’ve lived here for nearly 30 years and even muggy humidity isn’t too terrible, most of the time.

8 Likes

I do, not one of my most valuable ones, but it is one of my favorites.

9 Likes

That is such a touching memory @RexRebel :purple_heart:, thanks for sharing it with us.

All the best to you and your family. :hugs:

9 Likes

True we live for humidity in the South.

8 Likes

I have been on vacation, so I have not posted in a week, but here’s a late,

@biff_pow welcome back poll!

Should Ambush Bug wear clothes.
  • Yes, he should show some decency.
  • No, it’s his classic look.
  • I don’t judge.

0 voters

10 Likes

Some of the most valuable ones can be those that are our favorites. Thanks for sharing. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thank you, @TheRealDetectiveChimp!

And a welcome back from vacation @TheRealDetectiveChimp polllllll!!!

Detective Chimp

xdc8

• Strictly formal: button-up and tie at all times
  • T-shirt under jacket acceptable
  • He doesn’t even need the hat!

0 voters

9 Likes

Sorry for your loss @RexRebel but sounds like you had a great relationship with her.

It’s good you have something to remind you of her too.

8 Likes

Thanks for all the kind thoughts, much appreciated.

9 Likes

I don’t know, must be @Vroom is Kryptonian or he’s skinny. This fat dude doesn’t do well when the monsoons swell up into the Southwest/SoCal Central Valley areas. :hot_face:

7 Likes

Sorry for your loss.
Sounds like such a great memory.

7 Likes

Thanks

7 Likes

God bless her soul @RexRebel. May she rest in peace.

9 Likes