Polls, Polls, Polls: DC Edition Part 2!

@TheWifeOfJasonTodd

13 Likes

The role of Prime Minister varies, but Superman is the Head of State.

11 Likes

Justice League America was alright under Jurgens, but Breakdowns and Post Jurgens were terrible.

I’ll take Task Force, but this is like trying to find a good season of the Chicago/ St. Louis/ Arizona Cardinals.

12 Likes

I’ve been on a Jones kick lately (JLA and JLI v2) and yeah, I agree about Justice League America, post-Jurgens. More or less, its akin to a candy bar: Fun for what it is, but ultimately empty.

Extreme Justice and Task Force are my '90s JL go-tos. I didn’t read them when they were new as I didn’t consistently follow Justice League books until my late teens/early 20s.

If I had read JL stuff prior to JLA’s arrival however, Extreme and Task Force would have definitely been at the top of my reading pile when it came to the League.

SN: When the day comes that DC publishes “Extreme Justice League Task Force”, I will read it and then some.

10 Likes

I think people forget this way too often. I’ve heard a lot of people heavily criticize Batman, but ignore that Superman does a lot of the same things. “Batman is a vigilante!” Yeah, and so is Superman, but I guess he’s not as grumpy as Batman, so it’s okay.

12 Likes

Ah yes, how could I ever forget?! Forgive me wife of the aforementioned! Sorry, thought this was a comics thing and was really confused for a second. I’m not the best at keeping up but I don’t think something like that would escape my news feed!

12 Likes

WNYX, home of Bill McNeal?

10 Likes

WKRP in Cincinnati. I get all the news I need on the weather report. I prefer Mark Mardon but Phil Conners was okay.

• I understood all references above

• I understood some of the references above.
    Heck Yeah The Lego Movie

• What references?

0 voters

(Joke about never trusting a weather girl was removed because I didn’t expect anyone to get that one.)

10 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

13 Likes

Let’s see if we can guess the opening weekend to Shazam 2. The first film opened at 53.5 million (that was above expectations), and the second film is tracking for around 35 million.

Opening Weekend Gross
  • <30 million
  • 30-33 million
  • 34-36 million
  • 37-39 million
  • 40-42 million
  • 43-45 million
  • 46-49 million
  • 50-52 million
  • 53-55 million
  • 56-59 million
  • 60 Million +

0 voters

9 Likes

@CKComics-Rebel-2ndinCommand with the big optimistic predictions. I hope I het to declare him the winner.

12 Likes

f816cdf1-1c74-4608-ab03-4ddb00821a97_text

14 Likes

Got 'em all! :superman_hv_4:

raises his hand

I would have got it. Does that mean I can skip class, come Monday?

“I swear, God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.”

Ah, Mr. Thomassoulo, i.e. Maggie’s dad on Growing Pains and a part-time refrigerator repair man.

“I’ll see you in hell, Constanza.”

Tell 'em Steve-Dave, Gordo!

9 Likes

Really? Of course you can skip class.

starts humming “she grins when she warns you”

The Thanksgiving day episode of WKRP is a holiday tradition!

9 Likes

Woohoo! Fruitopia machine by the E building, here I come!

Let’s be honest: All episodes of WKRP are a tradition, for they are gifts of sitcom gold.

tips the hat he isn’t wearing up toward Herb Tarlek in Heaven

RIP Herb. Your wardrobe was awful (even in the '70s), but Great Rao, you were and shall forever be, radio (and TV) royalty.

8 Likes

Which recently announced Dawn of DC title are you most excited for?

• The Flash, by Si (Simon) Spurrier and Mike Deodato.
  • Hawkgirl, by Jadzia Axelrod and Amancay Nahuelpan.
  • Steelworks, by Michael Dorn and Sami Basri.
  • Wonder Woman, by Tom King and Daniel Sampere.
  • All of the above! I want to read them ASAP as they all sound grand, great, rad and spiffy.

0 voters

12 Likes

I have doubts Hawkgirl will be good, but it is the only one I will buy.

11 Likes

I’m not going to buy any of these, but Daniel Sampere doing the art for a Wonder Woman comic is something that I never thought of, but sounds awesome.

12 Likes

It’s hard not to be interested in Worf writing about Shaq.

12 Likes

:smile: Right?

Its too bad Kenner never made Steel or Kalibak figures in their STAS line (they certainly should have, though), as they then could have been placed next to Kenner’s Shaq figures from their Shaq Attaq (their spelling, not mine) and Steel lines.

If only…

9 Likes