Polls, Polls, Polls: DC Edition Part 2!

Oh yeah forgot about Watchmen, that’s also one of the best superhero movies.

7 Likes

Now, I feel like I’m forgetting something…

taps his mental coconut as he thinks

The Spirit TV movie? No.

What. Is. This…thing I may be forgetting?

sees Jack Skellington standing nearby

Oh, sorry. I wasn’t calling for you.

Jack smiles, waves and exits

Nice feller, especially since he’s dead and :notes: “can take off his head to recite Shakespearean quo-tat-ion!” :notes:

7 Likes

No, that’s on there.

7 Likes

No I’m saying I forgot about it when thinking about the best superhero movies of all time.

6 Likes

Ah

I also forgot Batman 1 and 2 from the 40s and Batman vs Dracula (if you want to count that one).

8 Likes

Those are movie serials, so while they originally played in theaters, they’re a different form than traditional movies. I’d say they can be left off.

I wouldn’t, since its an animated, DTV movie.

7 Likes

I voted for woke, as I said in my post, I use all those words, but probably not in the context you were asking.
Willing to accept Judgement.

6 Likes

Not that one, this one

8 Likes

Joker declaring you guilty is like being declared innocent by a normal judge, I assume.

8 Likes

Well, huh. I hadn’t heard of that one until just now.

pulls on his “I learned something new today.” t-shirt

“I’m learnding, Super Nintendo Chalmers!”

That looks like it’d be great for an MST3K riff-sesh, ala Samson and the Vampire Women.

7 Likes

It does have a “Manos” Hands of Fate kind of look to it. The footage was lost some time ago, I believe. No one who hasn’t seen it already can see it now. Reminds me of Grey Ghost. I haven’t actually put a lot of research in myself, just enough to know it exist and I’m not going to see it while I’m alive unless someone else invents time travel and uses it for important things like Batman.

8 Likes

texts Doc Brown

We’ll see what the Doc says.

7 Likes

Exactly…

8 Likes

I’m sorry but I gotta ask, what’s the diff between The Movie and Supes I?

Also, I think Superman The Movie is best but definitely being pushed by newer movies, specifically Wonder Woman but that’s with newer special effects and better writing being given to modern cinema.

9 Likes

The difference is that I typed one first, forgot I did it, and then typed the second. So to summarize, one came first.

9 Likes

Because the best movie is not my favorite movie and i cannot reconcile this, in lieu of voting i will be rocking back and forth

8 Likes

I’d have to disagree with this. Citizen Kane, and It’s a Wonderful Life are both from the 40s, but they are two of the most well written films I’ve ever seen.

5 Likes

@basicallytimdrake

7 Likes

Sorry I was to general in my modern cinema comment. I meant specifically modern superhero cinema.

6 Likes

Road to Perdition

7 Likes