Poll- Who Played the Best Clark Kent… Not Superman

tom welling

1 Like

Hmmmm…this is hard but I’m gonna have to go with Tyler Hoechlin…I didn’t think he was gonna be a good Clark when I first herd of his casting…but he is constantly surprising and I feel like I like his acting more and more as I watch the show

3 Likes

I came here to give a nod to Tyler as well. Way too soon to say he’s “the best”… maybe when he has at least a full season under his belt. However, this version of Clark is the closest live action has come to the way I envision the character. The two sides compliment, instead of contradict, each other.

As far as performance goes, what Christopher Reeve did, slipping in and out of character, it’s the stuff of legend. I mean look at this transformation:

1 Like

That’s fair…he is still really new to the role

3 Likes

He’s new, but he’s very good at it! I was impressed from the first episode and I’ve only liked him more and more.

3 Likes

George Reeves

Tyler Hoechlin is off to a strong start.

2 Likes
  1. Tyler Hoechlin
  2. Tom Welling
  3. Christopher Reeve
3 Likes

I feel like everyone plays Superman and not Clark Kent except Tyler Hecholin and Tom Welling but I like Tyler as Clark more.

2 Likes

Chris Reeves was the funnest to watch, but his was so incompetent that it didn’t really stand up to close scrutiny (since it required Superman to be a phenomenal actor, which is one skill he wouldn’t pick up from Krypton’s atmosphere). Bud Collyer’s portrayal on radio and animation underscored the distinctions between Clark and Superman so capably that he created the blueprint others would follow

2 Likes