Poll- Who Played the Best Clark Kent… Not Superman

Tom Welling as well.

2 Likes

Tim Daley with his voice acting

4 Likes

Reeves played the best both, Chris that is. He had nobody to base his character on except George Reeves, but nobody at all on the big screen. He set the gold standard at a time when special effects weren’t anywhere near where they are today. Nowadays, actors can look at multiple movies, shows etc. & see what’s worked & what hasn’t with previous actors taking the mantle. Reeves did it with none of that, including no internet to look up info on questions he had about the character or his world, habits etc.

3 Likes

Tom welling

2 Likes

Reeve

3 Likes

It’s a toss up between Christopher Reeve and Henry Cavill as I have number one. I’d say right now its Cavill.
But I do have Dean Cain on my list too. I thought Tyler Hoechlin did a great job too despite having so little in Supergirl.

3 Likes

Christopher reeve. While henry cavill is favorite superman, he doesn’t really do anythimg to differentiate his clark and superman.

3 Likes

Chris Reeve 1, George Reeves 2, Tom Welling 3.

4 Likes

Christopher Reeve. He played the parts so well it was really like watching two different people or characters.

8 Likes

chris reeve with out a doubt

6 Likes

Tom Welling was the best Clark Kent. Henry Cavill was the best Superman. Christopher Reeve was the best combined.

3 Likes

Tom Welling was my favorite.

3 Likes

Think I’m in the Tom Welling camp, too :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Tom Wellings because it was a bigger focus on his younger years as Clark Kent and not as Superman. Plus his relationship with Lex ( Michael Rosenbaum) was epic. I would have loved him playing superman in Supergirl, but I guess you have to have othef actors have their shot playing the Man of Steel.

3 Likes

Reeve or Routh

3 Likes

Christopher Reeve for both

3 Likes

idk, I have really only seen Henry Cavills.
(I am just getting into superman, being more into batman, red hood, nightwing for a while.) so I am gonna say Henry Cavill.
But for real he probably is anyway…

2 Likes

This is a loaded question, because your answer is gonna say a lot about who you think Clark Kent should be. Is he the disguise? Is he the real person? Is he the farm boy learning to become a man?

For me, it’s Dean Cain. I grew up with the Post-Crisis Superman where Clark was the real person and Superman was the disguise. Cain absolutely nailed that role. His Clark was just as important to the show as Superman. He was an investigative reporter and often showed compassion to the people he was trying to help with the story. Working at the Planet wasn’t just a job or a way to keep tabs on the world, it was something he genuinely enjoyed doing. He was confident and capable. There’s that great line he had that said “Superman is what I can do. Clark is who I am.” I’ve always loved that line.

5 Likes

@superby1: Couldn’t agree more.

4 Likes

tom welling

1 Like