Poll: Help Us Rank (Almost) Every Human Green Lantern Ever!

Today in the DC Universe News section, Joshua Lapine-Bertone is assigned the impossible task of ranking (almost) every human Green Lantern ever. But don’t let him boss you around! Vote for yourself in the poll below, and passionately defend your defender!

• Anya Savenlovich
    • Daniel Young
    • Waverly Sayre
    • Charlie Vicker
    • Simon Baz
    • Kelia Quintela
    • Jade
    • Guy Gardner
    • Hal Jordan
    • John Stewart
    • Alan Scott
    • Kyle Rayner
    • Jessica Cruz
    • Wally West?!

0 voters

Whose power do you beware? Let us know in the comments below!

10 Likes

This was a hard choice, but I ended up choosing Kyle. I’m not completely sure why, but I did!
Edit: Which probably doesn’t do much in kyle’s defense, buuut he is one of my favorite lanterns, so I guess I do know why.

7 Likes

Jessica Cruz for the WIN. :triumph: :green_heart:

8 Likes

When was Wally a Green Lantern?
Someone help me out :confused:

7 Likes

That’s my question too! When was Wally a Green Lantern?

4 Likes

Just gotta say thank you for making this thread/poll because it just introduced me to Jessica Cruz and now I gotta seek out her stories cuz they look hella cool

5 Likes

I chose Hal basically because of his history. Alan Scott actually has more, but Hal has more spotlight history, but right now my favorite is J-Bird, and I’m actually glad she’s leading the poll. Though the the newest, as far as actual Corps members are concerned, her character development has been outstanding​:four_leaf_clover:

7 Likes

I have to choose John. He’s always been a favorite. He’s willing to let the people know who’s helping and not hide. He a strong leader for the corps always willing to help and inspire others. He not perfect but the best doesn’t have to be.

7 Likes

@comicsandesign and @Row.Harper
He was dubbed kid lantern. Here is the wiki of his first appearance as kid lantern.

And here is the issue on the app
https://www.dcuniverse.com/comics/book/flash-green-lantern-the-brave-the-bold-1999-2/9f865b1d-0ca2-4c36-aed4-548d006cda07/
8 Likes

Great question! We also break this down in the original article that inspired this question here:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/we-rank-almost-every-green-lantern-ever/

thanks to @SuperBlueGrodd for the assist :gl_hv_5:

7 Likes

Oh my gosh, so excited for you to get to know Jessica Cruz- if you get a chance, the animated movie Justice League vs. The Fatal Five (2019) is a great way to get to know her before diving into the comics.

10 Likes

This was a really fun article. Thanks for including all the first appearance information (except now I have a ton of new stuff on my to-read list…)

5 Likes

Jessica Cruz is the best thing to ever happen to the Green Lantern comic line. And our own Sam Humphries has a lot to do with that. She was created in The New 52, but Sam’s GREEN LANTERNS is where she really came into her own.

9 Likes

Definitely!!

3 Likes

As a kid in the sixties I grew up with Hal (and Barry), but if I’m ranking Green Lanterns it has got to be John Stewart first (like its got to be Wally West/Flash).

5 Likes

Thanks for the response this was truly helpful!

Wally was The Flash, a Green Lantern and currently has all the knowledge in Mobius Chair (with a lil touch of doc Manhattan power.

5 Likes

Thank you both for the helpful info!

3 Likes

In my opinion Jessica Cruz in the #1 spot is confusing. She is a great character and story but she’s too new and does not have the GLC resume to have the top spot. I think this is a “prisoner of the moment” decision. The top spot should go to Alan, Hal, John, Guy, or Kyle a light year ahead of Jessica. Can she one day be the best, YES!!! But not right now. My heart leans toward Guy because of his resume and never give up attitude. But my head says Alan or Kyle because they are not blemished by horrible decisions. Hal has his Parallax issues and John failed in Mosaic.

8 Likes

Hal has always been my Green Lantern

7 Likes

I love this Green Lantern discussions. Hal will always be my favorite since I read more books on him then any other Green Lantern. Then Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz.
But they are all good.

6 Likes